Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next ten games

Nice and easy:
carlisle away
sheff weds home
swindon away
peterbrough away
yeovil home
bristol home
rochdale away..
Walsal home
hartlepool away
southampton home
plus paint trophy and fa cup.

Cant see any points til yeovil.
Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    The way we are playing I can find 15 points. Not promotion form is it.
  • Options
    Exactly! To all of those saying give Parkinson 2 to 3 games more! Have you looked at the next 5 fixtures? We will be in or on the precipice of the drop zone by then!

I remember a while ago saying the same thing in the Championship and being told I know nothing about football by many on this site with their rose-tinted specs and the "you're not a loyal supporter" jibes.

Well I have been to Selhurst, St. Andrews, Upton Park, Wembley, The Valley and numerous away grounds to fully and vocally support Charlton and I have had enough of this shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • Options
    17 points from that i reckon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]17 points from that i reckon

Would you care to elaborate on where those 17 points from 10 games are coming from - I can't see it at all!

Can I just remind you of our stats (16 points from 12 games):

P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
    12 3 2 1 6 7 1 2 3 8 10 -3 16
  • Options
    30 points, storming run, Benson and Abbot to both notch 8 goals each in that time.

3rd round draw for the FA cup where we get a Prem side at home

Semi- Final of the JPT
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]30 points, storming run, Benson and Abbot to both notch 8 goals each in that time.

3rd round draw for the FA cup where we get a Prem side at home

Semi- Final of the JPT[/quote]

I'll have a pint of Eltham's happy juice please!!

;o)
  • Options
    If we dont pull our finger out then we could easily be bottom 3 by crimbo, then parky goes in jan and the new fella dosnt have time to save us. History repeats will we ever learn?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]If we dont pull our finger out then we could easily be bottom 3 by crimbo, then parky goes in jan and the new fella dosnt have time to save us. History repeats will we ever learn?

You know that!

The long and winding road... That leads to League Two!
  • Options
    All going crawley clap your hands!
  • Options
    Carlisle away - Draw
    Sheff weds home - I think we'll win that
    Swindon away - Draw
    Peterbrough away - Lose, but we'll score at least 2
    Yeovil home - Win
    Bristol home - Win
    Rochdale away - Draw
    Walsal home - Win
    Hartlepool away - Win
    Southampton home - Lose, by then they'll be flying.

Paint trophy - Win against Southend and into the Semi's
    FA cup - Depending on who we have really, but we'll most probably lose.

I am a optimisitc supporter so with those results there is 18 points. Won 5 Drew 3 Lost 2.
    [align=center]
    PL W D L Pts
    22 9 7 6 34
    [/align]
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]All going crawley clap your hands!

clap clap clap
  • Options
    When the going gets tough the tough get going! I see no reason to believe we can't pick up a decent amount of points from these. If we got 16 we'd probably be just outside the playoffs. Obviously needs an improvement from so far but no reason why not
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]Carlisle away - Draw
    Sheff weds home - I think we'll win that
    Swindon away - Draw
    Peterbrough away - Lose, but we'll score at least 2
    Yeovil home - Win
    Bristol home - Win
    Rochdale away - Draw
    Walsal home - Win
    Hartlepool away - Win

If you are correect, Sage (or should it be Oracle?!), those four wins in the five matches from Yeovil on will surely put us in an automatic promotion place come Christmas.

If it turns out like that, then you and PP are entitled to come on CL and tell those of us who want to get rid now that we are know-nothing idiots - and I'm sure we will all be delighted to agree with you!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Haha. :) Well if those results turn out to be true I will make an appointment with Parky and get him on here and we shall you every one of you lot who want to get rid!

I would be ecstatic with those results and would definitely have us in a play off place at least, automatic would depend on the other teams up at the top at the moment, but if your not confident or if you dont believe something is going to happen, what's the chances of it happening? We have to get better and this is the only way, those 5 results would be fantastic. It'll be like we never knew who Reid was as our form will be better without him.

Who knows? I'd love it to be true though.

By the way, i have got a lot of predictions right recently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]

By the way, i have got a lot of predictions right recently.

If you predicted 4-0 to Brighton, then respect to you! I don't think even the most incorrigible manic depressives among us saw that humiliation coming...but if your predictions are right and the only game we're going to lose this side of Xmas is Peterboro, then it will have been worth it!
  • Options
    Please nobody say the phrase 'League 2' Makes me feel ill!
  • Options
    It's pure speculation but it is interesting to see what exactly Parky is expected to do to keep his job. He could get 4 or 6 points from the next 4 games which could please Murray and Parky could be safe till Christmas, but then it could go all belly up after that. Would people prefer us to lose our next couple of games to see Parky go or for us to pick up points and let this indifferent form continue? Hard to see us going on any decent run of form, can see mainly loses and draws in that list.
  • Options
    We will win them all!..Maybe.
  • Options
    No, noone saw the Brighton result happening. That's the only game in the last say 4 or 5 games which i haven't got right. I should start predicting us to win more often and then we might see it happening.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]No, noone saw the Brighton result happening. That's the only game in the last say 4 or 5 games which i haven't got right. I should start predicting us to win more often and then we might see it happening.

Er, I did. As did my family and the season ticket holders I spoke to pre-match.

Pretty easy mathematics really: A well organised team, top of the league and bringing 3,000 away supporters against our shambles!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But did you predict it would be 4-0 and for it to be extremely easy for them? I predicted a loss but not that bad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]But did you predict it would be 4-0 and for it to be extremely easy for them? I predicted a loss but not that bad.

I did and I take no pleasure in saying that. I wish I had been wrong and everyone I said it to could call me a fool.

But the people around me (and my family) all pretty much expected a sustantial loss to brighton.For me, when we play a team with passion and loud support we seem to fold all too easily.

I left after 0-3 and I can't believe that I queued up for an extra 6 tickets against Sheff Weds who I think will win on the day, maybe not as heavy. I think that game is going to be a nasty atmosphere after we lose to Carlisle and then Wednesday.

If we happen to not lose our next 2 games and we take at least 4 points then I will be very happy for people to call me a fool!! (2 draws won't count - thats nearly as bad in our current situation)
  • Options
    Must admit i was wrong, well done to parky and the boys, humble pie tastes good. Top by crimbo 9 points next 3 home games.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well my predictions were wrong, I predicted us to Draw with Carlise, Win against Wednesday and Draw with Swindon, but with 9points out of those 3 we look like a proper side who could get promoted this year, who would have thought it after the Brighton game ayy?

I did however predict a loss for tomorrow away at Peterborough, but I am changing it now to a draw. I am also predicting that we won't lose in the league for at least another 6, making it at least 9 unbeaten in the league since Brighton, obviously including tomorrow as well.

If we're not right up there by Boxing Day then it wil be because the others around us have kept up their good form as well.

COYR!
  • Options
    We'll be top of the table come New Year's Day ... and be celebrating as champions with a full house at the Valley against Hartlepool in early May, as well as a semi final FA Cup place and a win against Sheffield wednesday in the JPT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lincsaddick[/cite]We'll be top of the table come New Year's Day ... and be celebrating as champions with a full house at the Valley against Hartlepool in early May, as well as a semi final FA Cup place and a win against Sheffield wednesday in the JPT

I guess I'm redundant on here.

Bloody rose-tinteds!