Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team While Reidy Is Out?

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
My team would be

Ross Worner (GK)
Christain Daily (RB)
Gary Doherty (CB)
Jon Fortune (CB)
Matt Fry (LB)
Scott Wagstaff (RM)
Jose Semedo (CDM)
Therry Racon (CAM)
Lee Martin (LM)
Paul Abbot (ST)
Joe Anyinasah (ST)

This team probably looks pretty stupid to some of you. Ive picked Worner because I think Elliot hasn't impressed since hes come back from injury. I think Daily should continue at right back because he whips in a great cross. I think Forch and Doherty have looked solid at the back. Matt Fry always looks good when he plays and I defo think hes better than Jacko at the moment. Waggy should come on the right and Martin get shifted to the left because they are the two best players to cover the wings with Reidy out. Finally Benson hasn't impressed me since his arrival so he should defo be dropped, thats why id bring Joe Anyinasah in because I haven't seen much of him so I think he could be good when he gets more playing time, and Abbot was our best player against Brighton so he should keep his place.

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2010
    I think that's very harsh on Elliot. The goals we have given away, i doubt any keeper could have done much..I like Worner though, deffo a future number 1.

Elliot

Jackson Fortune Dailly Fry - Option to switch Dailly and Fry because i think Dailly could give us alot going forward linking with the left winger.

Semedo - Not allowed past the half way line

Martin - Racon - Playing a more central with a one hold one go mentality

Wagstaff Benson Ayinsah - Same with Racon and Martin, Waggy and Ayinsah using a one stay with Benson and one in the free role, swapping it about.

On paper, that is a side that can get us out this league. The main thing we need is discipline for each player, making sure they know the exact job expected of them.
  • Options
    Parky loves Benson but I think hes been pretty crap, he doesnt experiment with the team enough
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: conza-cafc[/cite]My team would be

Ross Worner (GK)
    Christain Daily (RB)
    Gary Doherty (CB)
    Jon Fortune (CB)
    Matt Fry (LB)
    Scott Wagstaff (RM)
    Jose Semedo (CDM)
    Therry Racon (CAM)
    Lee Martin (LM)
    Paul Abbot (ST)
    Joe Anyinasah (ST)

This team probably looks pretty stupid to some of you. Ive picked Worner because I think Elliot hasn't impressed since hes come back from injury. I think Daily should continue at right back because he whips in a great cross. I think Forch and Doherty have looked solid at the back. Matt Fry always looks good when he plays and I defo think hes better than Jacko at the moment. Waggy should come on the right and Martin get shifted to the left because they are the two best players to cover the wings with Reidy out. Finally Benson hasn't impressed me since his arrival so he should defo be dropped, thats why id bring Joe Anyinasah in because I haven't seen much of him so I think he could be good when he gets more playing time, and Abbot was our best player against Brighton so he should keep his place.

Thoughts anyone?

One huge problem with this team Conz. It's got Racon AND Semedo in it!
  • Options
    One huge problem with this team Conz. It's got Racon AND Semedo in it![/quote]

Wats wrong with them?, in my opinion Therry is the best cm we have
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: conza-cafc[/cite]One huge problem with this team Conz. It's got Racon AND Semedo in it!

Wats wrong with them?, in my opinion Therry is the best cm we have[/quote]

Yep.And that's the reason Parkinson won't be around much longer.
  • Options
    Meaning?
  • Options
    I'd play this on Saturday:

----------------- Elliott ------------------

-- Francis -- Dailly -- Fortune -- Fry --

-------- Semedo - McCormack ---------

--- Wagstaff - Martin - Ansinyah------

---------------- Abbott ------------------
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: conza-cafc[/cite]Meaning?

The majority of matches are won and lost in midfield.If your midfield,especially central midfield, is crap you don't win too many games.Have a look at the league table.Parkinson failed to replace Nicky Bailey as he foolishly thought either Racon or McCormack were the same type of player.They're clearly not,but he still blew all his dough on a suspect striker that receives very little service because of the faults in central midfield mentioned previously.
    Simples.
  • Options

worner

francis----dailly--fortune---fry

semedo

waggy
    jackson
    racon

martin

ansinyah

or switch using 1 sub to..

worner

dailly--fortune---fry

semedo

jackson
    racon
    waggy
    martin

ansinyah

abbott
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]

The majority of matches are won and lost in midfield.If your midfield,especially central midfield, is crap you don't win too many games.Have a look at the league table.Parkinson failed to replace Nicky Bailey as he foolishly thought either Racon or McCormack were the same type of player.They're clearly not,but he still blew all his dough on a suspect striker that receives very little service because of the faults in central midfield mentioned previously.
    Simples.

I have to agree: I think Racon is a showpony, whereas we require a workhorse in our midfield!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]---------------worner--------------

--------------semedo-------------

waggy------jackson-----racon

---------------martin-------------
    --------------ansinyah----------

---------------worner--------------

-------dailly--fortune---fry-------

--------------semedo-------------

--------jackson-----racon--------
    waggy----------------------martin

---------------ansinyah-------------
    ----------------abbott----------------[/quote]

Must say i do like your teams, but will Parky?
  • Options
    Not sure Anyinsah can play up front on his own, or even with Martin behind. He's got pace and seems to have a bit of strength, but he's not tall and I'm not convinced he's the right type of striker to play on his own. He wants to get in behind or run at defences doesn't he, not hold up the ball and link the play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: conza-cafc[/cite]One huge problem with this team Conz. It's got Racon AND Semedo in it!

Wats wrong with them?, in my opinion Therry is the best cm we have[/quote]

Are you Phil Parkinson?

What are you watching? Football manager of Fifa or something?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]

Simples.

Nicky Bailey played most of his games for us on the left or in a 4-5-1. When played in the middle two he was average at best (a poor passer) . The midfield gets over-run because there is too much distance between the defence and attack and wingers defend too wide, hence too much ground for CM to cover. Nought to do with the personnel involved.
  • Options
    Docherty and Racon need a spell out.

Team:

Elliot- has hardly done a lot wrong, looks like he needs to lose a few pounds though. Worner was hardly faultless when he played.

Solly- when fit, Francis is a joke. If not I would seriously consider Jenkinson- yes it is from left field but he has looked decent in pre season and the ressies, has represented his country at youth level so clearly has some ability and has Dailly and Fortune to guide him through. Also if Waggy plays in front, he is good at tracking back.
    Dailly- better at CB
    Fortune- also has not done a lot wrong. Better than Doc
    Fry- has not done a lot wrong, in fact has impressed when he has played.

Waggy
    Semedo
    Jackson- it is time he played there, apparantly his best position, Maybe the creative spark we need.
    Martin- don't like him but with Reid out, there is not much alternative and left mid is I think his favoured position.

Abbott
    Anyinsah
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i'd like to see :-

elliott
    Semedo - Dailly - Fortune - Fry
    Wagstaff - Racon/Jackson - McCormack - Martin
    Anyinsah - Abbott/Benson

But you just know the team will be:-

Elliott
    Francis - Dailly - Doherty - Jackson
    Wagstaff - Racon - Semedo - Martin
    Abbott - Benson

Our manager and first team coach don't know how to change things up when things aren't working.
  • Options
    Definitely harsh on Elliott. I doubt any keeper could have done anything to stop all four goals when his defenders are all on a mental vacation! He pulledm off two fine saves in the first half. Worner needs superglue on his gloves for crosses. Keep benson up front ( best of a bad bunch, but he is the only one that looks like scoring to me ) add mccormack as an attacking midield, francis in at right back ( till sollys fit of course ), dailly, fortune in at centre of defence and jackson at left back. Simples.
  • Options
    sorry but racon has looked better than semedo in a few games already this season, and has won just as many challenges. doherty is our weakest link, just scraping that honour over jackson. benson is 100 times more dangerous than abbott, elliot still looks unfit, martin runs about a lot but little else and wagstaff cant cross. for me it would be worner, a back line of semedo dailly fortune llera and fry, jackson and racon in the middle, then wagstaff sitting behind anyinsah and benson
  • Options
    I'd go with this:

----------------- Elliott ------------------

-------Francis----Dailly ----Fry ---------

----------------Semedo-------------------

--------McCormack---Jackson-----------

-----------------Racon---------------------

---------Waggy----------Martin----------

---------------- Anyinsah------------------

Formation requires Semedo to drop into defence when required and when attacking to play behind McCormack and Jackson. racon to have a more creative offensive role although still some midfiled resoponsibility. Waggy and Martin to play more central behind Anyinsah but go wide when situation dictates. Width also provided by Jackson - Racon drop in - Francis - Semedo drop in.

Flexible and a system that could overun a lot of the sides in the division IMO. Should get bodies into the box when attacking which I think is currently a major failing and utilise Semedo's defensive qualities. Definitely should play this way at Valley and against lesser sides away.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]I'd go with this:

Elliott

Francis----Dailly ----Fry

Semedo

McCormack---Jackson

Racon

Waggy
    Martin

Anyinsah

Formation requires Semedo to drop into defence when required and when attacking to play behind McCormack and Jackson. racon to have a more creative offensive role although still some midfiled resoponsibility. Waggy and Martin to play more central behind Anyinsah but go wide when situation dictates. Width also provided by Jackson - Racon drop in - Francis - Semedo drop in.

Flexible and a system that could overun a lot of the sides in the division IMO. Should get bodies into the box when attacking which I think is currently a major failing and utilise Semedo's defensive qualities. Definitely should play this way at Valley and against lesser sides away.

Does any team in the world actually play a 3-1-2-1-2-1 formation?

Our players are limited enough as it is, playing something like this would be mental.

3 centre backs is a thing of the past. Who would cover the flanks? I think we should be playing any of the variants of 4-5-1 (4-3-3/4-2-3-1/4-5-1 etc).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, but techinically Semedo would be centre half just play up more if we are playing a side intent on defending. The 3-1-2-1-2-1 sort of explains in more detail how the team would play -you could call it a 4-3-2-1 which you will find is how most of the top managers set up. I would like to think our players could cope with the flexibility required. It's just a case of knowing what position you cover if an individual is more forward and in the case of strikers - you have 3 players with some pace and you give the 2 (with good energy levels) playing behind the central front man free range e.g. go wide - play centrally - switch etc... You also take a bit of responsibility from Racon and allow him to express himself and attack a bit more and as a consequence, you are better set up to get bodies in the box which I believe is our major failing of ours at the moment.
  • Options
    How many games have won this season with Semedo & Racon playing together?

The priority has to be clean sheets but we need wingers who cross the ball from the touchline.

Hoofing he ball up the middle has not worked.
  • Options

semedo

Waggy----mc cormac---racon
    -Martin
    ansinyah

worner

dailly--fortune---fry

semedo

jackson
    racon
    waggy
    martin

ansinyah

abbott
    [/quote]

Must say i do like your teams, but will Parky?[/quote]
  • Options
    Parky said the way we played Brighton with two out and out wingers was perhaps too gung ho.

Going away to Carlisle and playing a 3 man defence, even with Semedo in front would be ridiculous.

Last thing he should do is keep trying unusual or rarely used formations in the hope that one works like Les Reed did. Keep it fairly simple and make sure the players know their roles.

I think he'll go for some form of 4-5-1. Not sure if that'll mean Martin behind the striker or Semedo with 2 of Racon, McCormack and Jackson.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]

Are you Phil Parkinson?

On paper yes.

You have to look how he is actually playing though. Getting rings run round him every week. He is our week link at the moment,.
  • Options
    Worner
    Francis Dailly Fortune Fry
    Semedo
    Wagstaff Racon Anyinsah
    Martin
    Benson

Formation: 451/433
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]

Are you Phil Parkinson?

On paper yes.

You have to look how he is actually playing though. Getting rings run round him every week. He is our week link at the moment,.

He is,every "weak" !
    ;-)