Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle v Charlton - Pre-match poll, preview and news

13»

Comments

• Options
    http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/carlisle-utd-boss-warns-players-about-charlton-backlash-1.771992?referrerPath=/1.49997
    It’s not straight-forward that because you’re a big club and have been in the Premier League that you can get out of it quickly,” said the Blues boss.

“I had a long conversation with Alan Irvine from Sheffield Wednesday this week, and he was very complimentary about how high the standard of League One is and how high the standard of coaching and management is at this level.

“He said he thought that at Premier League and Championship level players did all the talking for managers but at this level you have to do more thinking.

“Hopefully we can make it difficult for Charlton as well. They’re a massive club who were in the Premier League not too long ago and are finding life tough.

“We’ve got to get stuck in and take the game to Charlton while they are a bit wounded. We will have a right go at them.

“They are full of experience and quality and know what they are doing.

“We’ve caused them problems in the past and we have to try to exploit all their possible weaknesses.”
  • Options
    Anyinsah is the way forward.
    Get him in and give him the ball.
    Sorry Benno - had your chance, muffed it.

Provided my man is playing I'm going for us to pull a rabbit out of the hat = 0-2.
    Parky to cling on for another week
  • Options
    1-0 Carlisle or 0-0... really can't see us scoring
  • Options
    I would expect/hope to see around five changes to the side today, including Anyinsah who I would hope does the 'score against your old club' trick. I expect to see an improved team performance, but I'm not going to stick my neck out for the win to avoid jinxing the result! So I'm going for a non-jinx play-safe score draw.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCdamo[/cite]Anyone know if this is on the radio?
    CAFC Player is available on a 14 day free trial at the moment.
  • Options
    "Sorry Benno, had your chance"

Didn't he score two goals the game before last? The guy feeds on good crosses-he's hardly to blame if he's not getting any service. We should be learning our lesson about keep blaming everything on the strikers-how many times have we done that in the past and then the player in question has gone on and scored goals elsewhere, sometimes even at a higher level. The lack of decent service is the issue and, with Reid now out of the team, I can only see that problem getting worse.
  • Options
    Spot on HandG, unfortunately!
  • Options
    2-0 defeat. Carlisle at a canter. Parkinson still on the bench 3pm next Saturday.
  • Options
    line up:

Charlton: Elliot; Francis, Fry, Dailly, Doherty; Wagstaff, Semedo, Racon, Jackson; Anyinsah, Benson.

Subs: Worner, Fortune, Mambo, McCormack, Martin, Abbott, Sodje
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]"Sorry Benno, had your chance"

Didn't he score two goals the game before last? The guy feeds on good crosses-he's hardly to blame if he's not getting any service. We should be learning our lesson about keep blaming everything on the strikers-how many times have we done that in the past and then the player in question has gone on and scored goals elsewhere, sometimes even at a higher level. The lack of decent service is the issue and, with Reid now out of the team, I can only see that problem getting worse.

Fair point and I hadn't forgotten his 3 goals.
    Just my opinion but I don't think he cuts it at this level, we need more than somebody who takes up space on the pitch in the forlorn hope that now and again the ball will fall for him in the box.
    I'm hoping Joe has that certain spark.
    (PS Hope Benno just keeps scoring and proves me wrong)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Benno .
    I am happy to eat humble pie and take another in the face.