Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

anyone got a decent man flu remedy?

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
i cant shake this one! nothing works. beer and jack daniels calms it down but makes it even worse for a couple of days.

'i think im dying' (in typical croaky man flu voice)

Comments

• Options
    Take vitamin C
  • Options
    and stop moaning. :-)
  • Options
    ive been on them pure vitamin c tabs for a few days now. and im loaded up with fruit but that just gives me a gut ache. also tried them things on that advert that makes your nostrils bigger. does it f**k! i give up. couple of days off work in the pipeline i think.
  • Options
    you sound like my mrs curb_it
  • Options
    Garlic.
  • Options
    are you on the wind up?
  • Options
    Kills all known germs,also try a hot bath clean sheets and a not water bottle.Good night.
  • Options
    Bowl of boiling water, a few drops of menthol and eucalyptus essence. Put large towel over bowl and head under towel to inhale steam. Stay under for as long as you can stand, try to breathe through nose not mouth (or else it tastes weird). If you feel like you need to sniff, come out and blow nose thoroughly. Repeat until water has cooled. This should help clear your nose and sinuses, as well as the tubes between your ears and mouth.

Try vitamin C plus zinc rather than vitamin C on it's own, as it's better for the immune system. Also drink lots of water - some of the mouth and throat problems can just be down to dehydration.
  • Options
    Echinachea works miracles, raw garlic and vitamin c, but prevention is better than cure ;-)
  • Options
    Sleep, water, vitamin C and cutting back on stress. And more sleep.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Sleep, And more sleep.

LoL- what time did you post that Inspector?
  • Options
    Big carton of Innocent Smoothie, choose one that has the highest vit C percentage per 100m/l... drink it during a morning and you'll be sorted the following day...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]and stop moaning. :-)

Don't be daft, that in itself is part of the cure. :-)

Moan, whinge a lot, go to bed with a beechams, whinge a bit more, come down to watch a bit of footie, moan again, scrunch up hair and don't shave to make you look a bit worse, cough as much as possible even if you don't actually want to, buy a bottle of Lucozade for effect and within a day or two, right as rain!

Always works for me. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]i cant shake this one! nothing works. beer and jack daniels calms it down but makes it even worse for a couple of days.

'i think im dying' (in typical croaky man flu voice)

1] dont panic, you aint got flu;

2] if you cant shake it off you're probably just paying for overdoing it at christmas and need to chill out for a couple of days, eat some fruit and get the missus to make a chicken soup; or then again

3] you could have something really serious, in which please disregard the above, you're worse than you feel...
  • Options
    get on with it ya tart.
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Echinachea works miracles, raw garlic and vitamin c, but prevention is better than cure ;-)

too true man,my gramps, was an american guy, top man too, from California near Bakersfield, anyway my mum always had that Echinachea stuff, growing up if i felt ill i would take that stuff, worked a treat. Now my Mrs takes it as tablet form as you can get it here now (when i was a kid she stocked up whilst on hols visiting Gramps) from Holl and barrett.

Good call lookie, top stuff that
  • Options
    Blow Job
  • Options
    Ive been off work for 2 days with it....
  • Options
    boiling water with melted honey and half a squeezed lemon!
  • Options
    thanks for your tips! ill have to get that echinachea stuff although i thought that was a mexican dish. mrs just put me right with that one (enchiladas). i feel better today any way. nose aint blocked now just a bit chesty.

ill will soldier on!

no more moaning i promise!