Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Minto- what a nice guy!

"Former Chelsea and Benfica defender Scott Minto, who retired last summer after a spell at Rotherham, is giving something back to his local community. He spends one day a week ferrying passengers to and from Rotherham hospice as a voluntary unpaid driver". (Daily Mail)

Comments

• Options
    He's not bad on the radio either... always refers to Charlton as 'we'
  • Options
    He comes a cross as a decent fella, well spoken, knowledgeable and speaks as though he really misses playing the game.
  • Options
    He's a local lad - didn't he go to Roan School?
  • Options
    My only problem with Scott was after first game back at the valley I was in the Oak when all the players and officials came in.I offered Scott a drink which he accepted then turned his back on me as soon as he got it and chatted to his pals.This didn't go down too well with one of my mates who asked him to at least give us two minutes of his time.I don't know if anyone remembers the assistant to jimmy hendrie in those days Neil Moss,well he piped up and started giving us a load of mouth.It looked like getting out of hand and considering we had been on lash since 9 in the morning could have turned nasty.But P.C. mickey rogers stepped in and calmed it down (not the first time he helped us out of a dodgy situation).I lost a lot of respect that night with Scott but looks like he has grown up a lot since.Were any other lifers in the Oak that night or have any interesting stories from 5th dec 1992
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]My only problem with Scott was after first game back at the valley I was in the Oak when all the players and officials came in.I offered Scott a drink which he accepted then turned his back on me as soon as he got it and chatted to his pals.This didn't go down too well with one of my mates who asked him to at least give us two minutes of his time.I don't know if anyone remembers the assistant to jimmy hendrie in those days Neil Moss,well he piped up and started giving us a load of mouth.It looked like getting out of hand and considering we had been on lash since 9 in the morning could have turned nasty.But P.C. mickey rogers stepped in and calmed it down (not the first time he helped us out of a dodgy situation).I lost a lot of respect that night with Scott but looks like he has grown up a lot since.Were any other lifers in the Oak that night or have any interesting stories from 5th dec 1992

Yeah, maybe not nice ......but how old was he then?......about 19.
    Just a kid.
  • Options
    probably same age as me at time 22
  • Options
    PC Rogers ! there's a blast from the past.

Don't mind Scotty, was on the Sky panel the other night and speaking well. Would rather listen to him than a berk like McInally...
  • Options
    Mickey Rogers !!!!! what a top bloke
  • Options
    He got us out of trouble quite a lot top man.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    he must have got hold of every bird down bon bonne! minto that is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ i thought you meant Mickey Rogers
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    One of my ex's went out with him for a while

Edit : Minto not Rodgers