Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Race Saturday Tipping Thread

The new National Hunt racing year begins in earnest today up at Aintree. Fortunately, I have been successful at bringing in a nice amount of additional money from October to April every year and would like to share my big Saturday race selections with the rest of the forum over the next seven months. Hopefully everyone can have a nice little earner on a couple of Saturdays each month.

If any of you are Twitter followers, please follow me at http://twitter.com/ollieatkin for potential mid-week selections as well as my weekend selections.

Today, I give you Albertas Run @5/1 in the Old Roan Chase, 3.25 Aintree.

This is a horse who won last years Melling Chase and Ryanair Chase on ground described as good to soft over 2 miles 4. This afternoon he takes on many of last years opposition over the same distance on the same ground. Albertas used to occasionally struggle to get home over 3 miles and many wrote him off as only needing good ground with no soft in the description. For some reason, the myth of needing good ground still hangs over the horse even when running at 2m 4. Last night he was 11/4 with most bookies. However, overnight rain has seen his price nonsensically pushed out to 5/1 as the ground is now good to soft.

How quickly bookies forget this is a dual Grade 1 winning horse on the ground and distance being run today. Class is permanent and expect to see Albertas Run cross the post first this afternoon.

Good luck and happy punting. Come on you Addicks!

Comments

• Options
    Dettori's in the Racing Post today.
  • Options
    I am also an avid jumps fan bristol. It should be a fantasic season this year. It would be nothing short a sensation if Alberta's run won of these terms but Icant see it happening. Had it been a non handicap then yes I dont know you think he will concede 15 pound to Tartak when there was only 5 lenghts between them last time out. Another one to follow today is the Novice hurdle at Chepstow 3:35 and I will opose the fav SILVINIACO CONTI for Nicholls hacked up LTO should be a corker.

Good Luck with all your bets!
  • Options
    hi Stoke. Like yourself, I've taken the pull at the weights into consideration, but I still think the class will tell and Albertas will come up on top. In the Melling AP knew how to nullify Monets Garden's front running tactics and in my eyes Poquelin is not quite up to this level and will always be a very good handicapper. As the market and you suggest, Tartak is the danger. However, his inability to get his head in front all last year and his consistent bad habit of making blunders at crucial times all keep me going back to Albertas. Paddy Brennan is a massive bonus on top for Tom George, but the sight of AP bowling along just off Monets Garden will hopefully end in a nice win! I also like DUKE OF LUCCA in the 16.10 at Chepstow is a good bet. His close second and thirds to Peddlers Cross and Reve de Sivola in the spring is some of the best of last year's novice form.

Good luck with all your bets and fingers crossed for three points today!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing gents.
  • Options
    not doing any betting on the gg's until peanuts malloy lets us know who is gonna win next years national.

then i shall retire.
  • Options
    Monet's Garden for me
  • Options
    Albertas Run 4th

Monet's Garden wins.
  • Options
    Easy 5/1 for me
  • Options
    Coming in here with his duff tips, doesn't he know who he's dealing with...
  • Options
    should have listend to me :) I told you Alberta's couldnt win, and SILVINIACO CONTI (7/2) won doing hand springs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dettori's cantered home
  • Options
    Big thanks to Stoke_addick c/a/f/c I back the double thanks to this thread. Bristol you seem like you don know what you are talking about.
  • Options
    cheers lads not really a horses man but had a little flutter with your info and walked away with a smile. Thanks again same next week aye.
  • Options
    Any info for today lads.
  • Options
    Get me out of here will take the 4.15 at Ascot, even under top weight.
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options
    The big race the Charlie Hall at Wetherby has attracted a bumper crop this year. Past winner Ollie magern and Deep Purple have no chance at all off these terms. Barbers Shop looks like the obvious choice but his form tailed off last season and think there might be a couple to beat him.

I think it comes down to Nacarat and The Tother One, my preference being for Tother, who has been well rested following a fantastic effort at Cheltenham in spring.

My nap of the day however falls in the 3.40 Ascot Take the Breeze looked like he could be a world beater at the start of last season only to lose direction in Feb. I’ve heard a rumour Nicholls thinks there may be improvement from this horse this year and a handicap mark of 145 looks a tad lenient to say the least.
  • Options
    In the big chases I'm going for The Tother One (3:25 Wetherby) and Dover's Hill (3:40 Ascot)

Addick Addict's views are always worthy of consideration. Are you out there old chap?

Good luck if you're having a bet today.
  • Options
    Nice to see the big race dedicated to an old Charlton fav.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Nice to see the big race dedicated to an old Charlton fav.
    Only fitting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got the papers about to start having a look at todays fixtures and races