Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone feel like giving parky credit for signing benson????

lets get behind the team, and manager, for next week.
GET IN!!!!
:D

Comments

• Options
    I know Parkinson will be giving him credit, he might have just saved him from being sacked.
  • Options
    Benson is now beggining to show what he was bought for, i'm pleased for him. It did sound as though he likes to play alongside anyinsah, he was trying to pick up the scraps and did miss a few chances, but then he scored two - cant ask for more than that. If we can now take this and build on it next week then perhaps today was the start of our season. I am concerned however that we had to go for a white knuckle ride before we won, we should be good enough to hold a 3 goal lead - that needs investigating by Parky and the coaches on Monday, but the 'boost' it must give to the confidence of Benno and the rest of the team to actualy then go and win it must be 'priceless'
  • Options
    Well taken Benson - heading for double figures this season
  • Options
    Mate of mine phoned up after the match and reckons Benson had a storming game.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm certainly happy to answer a resounding "NO" to the question I asked here

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=36998&page=1

which I guess is tantamount to giving Parky credit....
  • Options
    He's goals got us 3 points today and against Mk and a point vs Plymouth.

I think we've finally found a goalscorer after bent.

Benson I don't think offers much apart from goals which for a striker isn't a bad thing!
  • Options
    Even if it's 'only' goals that's more than McCleod ever managed!
  • Options
    Benson doesn't work with Abbott but clearly another decent signing by Parky. You can't fault his signings with the resources he has. Think it took him too long to see that we need some pace up front - having that helps Benson. So we get with Parky somebody who excels in the market but who lacks some tactical nouse. Next week's game is pivitol.
  • Options
    Anyinsah made all the difference today. He ran in behind onto Benson's flick-ons, gave the Carlisle Back Four all sorts of problems before running out of steam around the hour mark. Benson looked much better with a partner willing to run the channels. His finishing was class on the 2 goals, after missing a sitter in the first half. He's still adjusting to League one defenders, who are stronger and a bit quicker. 2 goals at Plymouth and 2 today, suggests he is making the adjustment. His overall performance was very good today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Benson doesn't work with Abbott but clearly another decent signing by Parky. You can't fault his signings with the resources he has. Think it took him too long to see that we need some pace up front - having that helps Benson. So we get with Parky somebody who excels in the market but who lacks some tactical nouse. Next week's game is pivitol.
    It didn't take too long, it was down to Anyinsah getting injured, and then having to get fit again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parky was like the Mounties and made sure he got his man. Now it seems it's paying dividends and long may it last.

Well done Boss.
  • Options
    Well the lad has certainly bought PP a bit more time and affection. The trick now is to tighten up at the back and get a good result against Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Options
    I am deperate to give PP praise because it means Charlton are doing well.....But......Nothing has been answered by this welcome but quite frankly bizarre result. Lets wait I say. Well done to Benno though.
  • Options
    The more he scores the better he will become, looks like a man who is capable of exceeding the 15 mark.
  • Options
    Looked like a real striker today - both with the goals and a lot of other running /off the ball work/ winning headers. And that was after he missed an easy chance. We need a chant for him!!
  • Options
    Agree with all said above, Bensons best games for Charlton aside from Plymouth away have been with Anyinsah- they linked well in the first halfs against Tranmere and Daggers before Anyisnah got taken off injured and again today they looked a decent partnership.

2 excellent goals today, credit where it is due!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Agree with all said above, Bensons best games for Charlton aside from Plymouth away have been with Anyinsah- they linked well in the first halfs against Tranmere and Daggers before Anyisnah got taken off injured and again today they looked a decent partnership.

Listening on CAFC Player it sounded like Anyinsah might have picked up a knock. Anyone know if he went off injured?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Agree with all said above, Bensons best games for Charlton aside from Plymouth away have been with Anyinsah- they linked well in the first halfs against Tranmere and Daggers before Anyisnah got taken off injured and again today they looked a decent partnership.

Listening on CAFC Player it sounded like Anyinsah might have picked up a knock. Anyone know if he went off injured?

Thought at the time his sub was tactical as he did not have such an impact in the second half, not his fault however. Could be bad news if it is a knock, seems to have had a few since he signed.