Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle v Charlton - Player Ratings

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
For those at the game. Marks out of ten please, half marks allowed. Copy and paste below:

Elliot -
Francis -
Dailly -
Doherty -
Fry -
Wagstaff -
Semedo -
Racon -
Jackson -
Benson -
Ayinsah -

Comments

• Options
    Elliot -6
    Francis -7
    Dailly -7
    Doherty -6
    Fry -7
    Wagstaff -6.5
    Semedo -6.5
    Racon -6.5
    Jackson -7
    Benson -8
    Ayinsah-8
  • Options
    Elliot -5
    Francis -6
    Dailly -7
    Doherty -6
    Fry -6
    Wagstaff -8
    Semedo -8
    Racon -6
    Jackson -7
    Benson -8
    Ayinsah-9 MOM - Well taken goal but his oeverall touch and movement was something we havent seen this season.

Sodje - 5
    McCormack N/A
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elliot - 6 haven't seen it again but thought third goal was a fluke, made a good save before they scored their first. Needs to lose a few pounds and very lucky in first minute with spill.
    Francis - 6.5 better than before, 2 assists aswell. Not a great sign when a defender is better going forward.
    Dailly - 6 has not hit heights of last season, like the others struggled with bombardment.
    Doherty- 5.5 very slow, worries me a little and would like to see Fortune/Dailly.
    Fry - 6 like to see him given a run of games, he will get better and has shown already he is decent enough.
    Wagstaff - 9 excellent display, good assist for 1st, worked so hard for whole 90mins despite being kicked a few times. Also won corner in last min.
    Semedo - 7.5 did well enough, again not been as good as last season but no real complaints today.
    Racon - 6 still do not think he offers enough but he was better than he has been in recent games.
    Jackson - 7 well taken goal, better in midfield.
    Benson - 8.5 he is a goalscorer simple. General play/link up was also good especially with Anyinsah.
    Ayinsah - 8 excellent first half, worried their defence no end and fine finish. Could be a real find at this level if he keeps fit.
  • Options
    Elliot - 5 flaps too much and at times his distribution let him down
    Francis - 5.5 improving but at fault for one goal
    Dailly - 6 our best defender but not at his best
    Doherty - 4, great header of the ball but too often straight to opposing players, must remember that we wear red shirts
    Fry - 6.5 put in some good tackles and sometimes overlapped well with Jackson
    Wagstaff - 7.5 had the beating of his fullback and kept trying to the end, I prefer him to Sam
    Semedo - 6 tried to keep it simple and did his job
    Racon - 5.5 went missing at times
    Jackson - 6.5 doesn't have the attacking presence of Reid but improved after he scored - confidence I s'pose
    Benson - 7.5 missed a sitter and scored two - did his job and played for the team rather than his own glory
    Ayinsah - 8 made all the difference, he has speed and vision and makes the difference our forward line needed

Sodje - 1 for getting on the pitch - totally useless cameo appearance.
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis - 7
    Dailly - 7
    Doherty - 5
    Fry - 6
    Wagstaff - 7
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Benson - 8
    Ayinsah - 8
  • Options
    Elliot - 4
    Francis - 6
    Dailly - 6
    Doherty - 5
    Fry - 6
    Wagstaff - 8
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Benson - 8
    Ayinsah - 8
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis - 7
    Dailly - 6
    Doherty - 6
    Fry - 6
    Wagstaff - 8
    Semedo - 6
    Racon - 6
    Jackson - 7
    Benson - 8
    Ayinsah - 8

Sodje - 0.5
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis -7
    Dailly -7
    Doherty -5
    Fry -6
    Wagstaff -8
    Semedo -6
    Racon -6
    Jackson -6
    Benson -8
    Ayinsah - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 6 possibly helpless but his positioning and confidence appear to be out of sorts
    Francis - 7 had a much better game but that was primarily due to a diamond midfield with no width from Carlisle
    Dailly - 7 assured but did lose his footing at times
    Doherty - 5 a good header of the ball... end of. Always thought he was pony at Spurs esp. Could have dealt better with the second goal
    Fry -7 quick but not especially tested as Carlisle were narrow
    Wagstaff -9.5 a real gutsy performance continually skined their left back in the 2nd half
    Semedo - 7 saw a lot more of his enforcer role is there some sense in putting him in front of our back four again esp. as we are leaking goals
    Racon - 6 ran and ran but not a lot of end prodcut
    Jackson - 6 average took his goal well, not a ood enough engine in my view
    Benson -8 took his goals well and took on the aerial challenges. Under Curbs we defended from the front players our attackers don't presently afford us that outlet
    Ayinsah 9 very impressed must keep him fit, took his goal well, worked hard

Sodje... shocking contribution couldn't trap a bag of cement today

Great day out and a very pleasant evening at the Fox and Pheasant in Armathwaite
  • Options
    Elliot - 5
    Francis - 6.5
    Dailly - 5
    Doherty - 5
    Fry - 5.5
    Wagstaff - 8
    Semedo - 6
    Racon - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Benson - 9
    Anyinsah - 8

Francie was part of the shaky defence, but played a strong part going forward - second and fourth goals particularly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    best half i've seen us play this season was when Anyinsah played - important we keep him fit and in the team.
  • Options
    When somebody says that we need to keep someone fit, what does that exactly mean?
  • Options
    When somebody says that we need to keep someone fit, what does that exactly mean?
  • Options
  • Options
    he seems to have a bit of an injury history so hopefully we can manage him to give him the best chance of staying fit - take him off once the job is done, rest him for the shit games like JPT's etc, adapt his training maybe - don't know i'm not an expert, just a bit of common sense needed i guess.
  • Options
    Elliott- 5
    Francis-7
    Dailly- 5
    Docherty- 5
    Fry- 7
    Wagstaff- 9
    Semedo- 7
    Racon- 7
    Jackson- 7
    Benson- 9
    Anyinsah- 9

Sodje- 5
  • Options
    Elliot - 5 - not for the goals conceeded, fumble in the first minute and not pushing back 4 out
    Francis - 6 - not bad with Waggy, but asleep for first goal
    Dailly - 7 good game, perhaps didn't push back 4 out himself
    Doherty - 4 - didn't read the game as well as I've seen previously, let striker get in front for 2nd
    Fry - 6 - not bad paring with Jackson, under the pump with Grella in 2nd half
    Wagstaff - 9 - brilliant, had his man beaten everytime, a couple moments of Rooney-like petulance
    Semedo - 6 - steady
    Racon - 5 - tired badly when the pressure was on, not too creative - could have been subbed earlier IMO
    Jackson - 6- good finish for first, not seen in 2nd half
    Benson - 8.5 - good finishes, good hold up play and distribution, not just a finisher for me
    Ayinsah - 8.5 nice finish, well held up, linked up well with Waggy - got a good reception from home fans

Sodje- 3 - lost the ball or wasn't there - I would have preferred to see Martin on
    McCormack - 6- did nothing wrong in 90seconds, perhaps could have been brought on earlier when we were under the pump?

Manager Assessment - 6 - Set the team up really well for the first 50 minutes, then didn't make any changes as we wilted under the pressure - only changing like for like with Sodje replacing Anyinsah with no effect. Needed to push back 4 out, or get more control in the midfield. Saved by Waggy pushing forward in the last 10 minutes and Benson popping up in the nick of time. That being said it's 3 away points and we've wiped Brighton from the memory (somewhat - if you ignore the fact we've conceeded 7 goals in 2 games)

Ref -5 - Interesting that everyone (including Parky) slated him, I was sitting in the home stand and though I disagreed with 5 or 6 decisions I thought Waggy was a bit soft on a couple and the 50:50s probably went 55:45 to Carlisle - he did disallow a couple of goals which could have really killed us.
  • Options
    Didn't he also disallow an Anyinsah goal?
  • Options
    Just seen on the OS that Simon Francis is currently ahead in the race for MoM with 65% of the 1288 votes cast
    people who went , was he really that good?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCdamo[/cite]Just seen on the OS that Simon Francis is currently ahead in the race for MoM with 65% of the 1288 votes cast
    people who went , was he really that good?

Two assists, a lot better than he has been but still did not cover himself in glory for their first. Am surprised Wagstaff did not make the shortlist for MOM, he was immense, never stopped running, gave their fullback nightmares and claimed an assist for Jacko and won the corner for the winner.