Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did we miss a trick not getting Grant Mccann?

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Vaguely remember him at Barnsley and Scunny, and didn't even notice him going to Peterborough. But he's having a stormer of a season scoring 3 odd goals, and 8 assists already. Free transfer no doubt on v good wages as Peterborough's chairman is happy to spray out wages, but he's definitely one I'll watch when Peterborough come to the Valley.

Comments

• Options
    Just had a look at his stats, 36 starts, 6 sub apps and 8 for Scunthorpe in the Championship. Any idea why he didn't stay there?
  • Options
    Hindsights good aint it...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Just had a look at his stats, 36 starts, 6 sub apps and 8 for Scunthorpe in the Championship. Any idea why he didn't stay there?

££££££££££ I would suspect. Ambitious Chairman at Peterborough whereas Scunny, even as a Championship side, run on a very low budget - as far as I know they don't have a rich backer and their natural level is bouncing between divs 3 and 4.
  • Options
    Yeah would have though it was money, he seems an excellent player at this level and obviously can do a job in the Championship.

Has an excellent left foot (scored a belter in JPT final against Luton in 2009), good set pieces but doubt we could have afforded him- possibly even before he went to Scunny.
  • Options
    My not have wanted to move south as well as drop a division. Chances are he's upped his wages moving clubs without having to move house, if he's got a young family that will have been an attractive extra consideration.
  • Options
    Peterborough's a bugger to get to though! Sure it's hindsight, and I never would have even thought about signing. Him noticed he was one of a few very good players from Scunny who left for free, all signing no doubt much bigger wages elsewhere. Paul Hayes was the one we were linked with last season, but there was no chance of us getting to him before PNE, we prob couldn't compete with Peterborough's wages..... but just goes to show there are plenty of very good cheap or free players out there much more worthy of a contract than say an Andy Gray.
  • Options
    WTF IS Parky playing all his fault