Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Two goals for Benson next Saturday could make him a legend

If Benson scores two goals next Saturday, he will be in Charlton's top ten list of goals per game. The unforgettable Steve Stacey leads with 1 goal in 1 game, but he will join the top ten elite that includes Hans Jeppson, Johnny Summers, Alan Simonsen, Derek Hales and the less memorable Jim Fryatt and Alan Hart.

Comments

• Options
    Dean chandler?
  • Options
    And if he scores 6 he will go into the record books
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Dean chandler?

Billy Beggs?
  • Options
    We won every single game when Steve Thompson scored.
  • Options

There's an interesting bunch at 9th equal with one goal in two games. They are:

CHANDLER Dean
    LARAMAN Peter
    LAZARUS Paul
    LITTLE Barry
    PAWSON Tony
  • Options
    What about Billy Beggs then?

(And don't go by the entry in the Valiant 500 because there's a mistake - it says "0" under the total goals but he did actually score in his one and only game - I know, I was there - as it correctlynsays in the narrative for his entry.)
  • Options
    Billy Beggs scored in a 3-2 win over Birmingham in the Full Members Cup. Infront of 821 at Selhurst. I was there.
  • Options
    Does the Full Members Cup count?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]We won every single game when Steve Thompson scored.

I wonder if he always won when Barry Endean scored. Who can remember his one goal? Was it at Watford?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]Does the Full Members Cup count?

It must do. It was a competitve fixture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not if it was a penalty!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]

It must do. It was a competitve fixture.

Not very competitive.
  • Options

You tell me, it's your thread/list!

It was a first team fixture and he gets an (incorrect) entry in CC's book, so I reckon it should count. Was all the fella ever did after all!
  • Options
    didnt charlie mcdonald score 1 against newcastle ans barely played a game??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]We won every single game when Steve Thompson scored.

I wonder if he always won when Barry Endean scored. Who can remember his one goal? Was it at Watford?

I reckon it was at The Valley ... maybe in a 2-0 win with Bobby Hunt getting the other goal.

After that, I run out of vague memories.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mparsons1[/cite]didnt charlie mcdonald score 1 against newcastle ans barely played a game??

I remember him scoring in front of the north stand stand in a midweek game once. Maybe it was Newcastle?
  • Options
    I thought it was against wolves, or maybe ipswich
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Charlie MacDonald scored twice for CAFC if memory serves me right:

Once against QPR in the FA cup at The Valley in 1999/2000- the season when the Third Round was before xmas, although think this was in 4th round.
    Once against Newcastle in the Prem in December 2001, the squad was down to the bare bones, Fortune had a stormer against Shearer who was sent off and three days after we signed Jorge Costa.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mparsons1[/cite]didnt charlie mcdonald score 1 against newcastle ans barely played a game??

I remember him scoring in front of the north stand stand in a midweek game once. Maybe it was Newcastle?

didn't he score against qpr just after a pen miss??
  • Options
    It also appears if he scores the next 2 goals it will be our 5,000th goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]If Benson scores two goals next Saturday, he will be in Charlton's top ten list of goals per game. The unforgettable Steve Stacey leads with 1 goal in 1 game, but he will join the top ten elite that includes Hans Jeppson, Johnny Summers, Alan Simonsen, Derek Hales and the less memorable Jim Fryatt and Alan Hart.

So he still won't be as legendary as the unforgettable Steve Stacey?

Impressive stat, though. If he does get two on Sat, I might put a few quid on him exceeding the 20 that John Still said he'd score this season if he was still with D&R...

He has to score that brace v Shef Wed first, of course. After 11 goals in our last two games, I'm thinking 0-0 on Sat - especially as it will be only the second time the full Incorruptible family has been able to attend this season!
  • Options
    I think there needs to be a minimum no. of games for any of this to have any credence.

I would have thought at least 20 games would be a starting point.
  • Options
    the thing which gets me didnt he not score in first 4? which means its even more impressive imo doing what he was bought for keep it up benny!
  • Options
    I dont recall too many Charlton players in recent years grabbing a couple of braces within the space of a couple of weeks, could we finally have found a proper goalscorer now he's settled in.

Also great flicked goal by Anyinsah Saturday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]

didn't he score against qpr just after a pen miss??

Graham Stuart missed the penalty. Nearly cleared the north stand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]
    LAZARUS Paul

I know him (: