Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Went to Carlisle yesterday...

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
And it was one of the best away trips ever, one of them games I'll talk about 20 years from now. The support was blinding considering how far it was, train journey was funny on the way home and had a very sore head this morning! I fully expected a typical Northern Charlton performance (playing badly and losing 1-0) but it wasn't to be. Scotty Wagstaff is quickly becoming my favourite player as I believe he plays with passion and is proud to wear the shirt. Bring on Barnet away! Goodbye Horse!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Is that the Airman to the left of the picture?
  • Options
    Not unless the picture was taken last season . . .
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No.
  • Options
    That was taken yesterday mate on my mobile.
  • Options
    Well done br7 and everyone who went. You all really deserved that performance and result
  • Options
    Was the best away day in recent years. The train home was fun as well, lot of old faces, Palace getting on at Preston etc.
  • Options
    Nichorob! I was on the train with the Palace fans on my mate was the lad being sick by the toilet, ring any bells? I had a Green Vneck jumper on.
  • Options
    I can confirm it is not Airman Brown... he is Clive, friend of bearded Colin both longstanding away travellers. You can see Seb with his ruck sack he was busy lying on his back thanking god at the final whistle whilst the geyser to the right of the steward head bowed is yours truly.

What a game!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BR7_addick[/cite]Nichorob! I was on the train with the Palace fans on my mate was the lad being sick by the toilet, ring any bells? I had a Green Vneck jumper on.

I was on the 18:52 out of Carlisle mate. I spoke to so many people if you were on that train then I probably talked to you!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Do you mean the 17:52? I was on that one, what a day though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best day out Ive had for ages,what a game I just loved it .Surely we can take some positives and win at home next time.
  • Options
    I was on the 17:55 heading to Glasgow and some Carlisle fans were on the train and they werent happy bunnies!! I love it.I saw a Falkirk fan by himself he got off at Dumfries off our train and caught ours back.He didnt look happy must have lost.m still buzzing from yesterday.I love Charlton!!
  • Options
    £1 for a programme, what was that all about? Have Carlisle not realised that the first rule in running a club is get as much money out of your fans as you can?
  • Options
    Tutt-tutt? John?
  • Options
    Tutt-tutt? John?
  • Options
    Is that the first time you played Carlisle in your history? How many did you take up there?
  • Options
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Is that the first time you played Carlisle in your history? How many did you take up there?

yawwwwnnnn
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]2,567.

You've played them 2,567 times!? Blimey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite] How many did you take up there?

the same size turn out that we'll be singing 'is that all you take away' too when they bring that to us
    although they brought 432 to us on a bank holiday monday last season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After just being beaten 4-0 at home I'm surprised we took 13 let alone 313. Well glad with the result.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]How many did you take up there?

the same size turn out that we'll be singing 'is that all you take away' too when they bring that to us

we took over 600 there last year on a bog standard Saturday. After Brighton, I thought we'd be max 200 so we exceeded my expectations...both in attendance and on the pitch!
  • Options
    carlisle unless there in top 3 will be lucky to bring 150 to us this time
  • Options
    Millwall took 231 last season on their march to promotion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]How many did you take up there?

Pretty poor from them when you consider the London branch of their supporters club is made up of 300+ exiles.

Wonder how many Charlton fans make up the Carlisle Addicks Supporters club - 2, 3 maybe 4?
  • Options
    i think we had a good 'northern' based contingent there on saturday and not too many from the sarf ..... but then our 14k home fans is a little larger than the 5k carlisle get
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Millwall took 231 last season on their march to promotion.

Not bad for a Tuesday night, don't you think?