Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A little bit of CAFC still in the Prem!

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
PREMIER LEAGUE OWN GOALS
Richard Dunne: 8
Frank Sinclair: 6
Jaime Carragher: 6
Henning Berg: 5
Michael Dubery: 5
Rio Ferdinand: 5
Richard Rufus: 5

Comments

• Options
    On the whole I think he's in good company with those. He was easily the best centre half I've ever seen play for us, and by default in order to realistically be on that list you need to have played a fair number of games in the Premier League.

It was a very sad day when he was forced to retire before we ever reached his potential best.
  • Options
    Good old Roof. How many did he score for us in the end? Think Carragher has scored more against Liverpool than for them from a comment on MOTD yesterday!
  • Options
    Richard Rufus. My Fave ever Charlton Player
  • Options
    Rufus scored 12 goals for us so is +7. Quality defender.
  • Options
    Agreed, my favourite defender.
  • Options
    Wembley Legend
  • Options
    Pretty sure Carragher has scored as many goals for West Ham as Liverpool.

Rufus- so unlucky both with injuries and not getting the chance to play for England. One of my fave Rufus moments was at WHL when just after his cruciate injury when he made a last ditch challenge to prevent a certain goal.
  • Options
    ha - great post.

Rufus is a Charlton Legend. One of my favorite centrebacks to wear the Charlton Red.

What is he up to these days? anybody know ...???
  • Options
    Did he not train to be a vicar or something similar?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: richie8[/cite]Did he not train to be a vicar or something similar?

That's Gavin Peacock, I know Roof is involved in a church of some sort too, though don't think he's been ordained.

There was a thread a while back where someone bumped into Roof up town, think he's working in property amongst other things.