Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Restaurants in Paris

edited October 2010 in Not Sports Related
Dear all,

i have a few nites in paris next month with the wife , looking for a nice chinese and Italian restaurant in the Arc de Triomphe area. there seems to be plenty there but guessing some are better than others
Any suggestions?

Comments

• Pete - forget Italian or chinese - go French - Au Chien Qui Fume is the best. Believe it or not, it translates as the 'That Dog who Smokes '. Great food and wonderful atmosphere
    33, rue du Pont Neuf
    75001 Paris
    It's a bit of a mad place, but known for wonderful food.-
  • [cite]Posted By: Bigfatpete[/cite]Dear all,

i have a few nites in paris next month with the wife , looking for a nice chinese and Italian restaurant in the Arc de Triomphe area. there seems to be plenty there but guessing some are better than others
    Any suggestions?

With a handle like that , i would recommend any all you can eat places
  • i' m not a big eater honest.....
  • I'd stay well clear of Paris and go somewhere else. Can't stand the place.
  • yeh i know what you mean Large..., but the wife has never been and has always wanted to go...although she doesnt like "french food" apart from "the chips"
    its booked now so too late.
  • Try the Maison du Berbere just off the Champs Ellysés for excellent Morrocan couscous
    or
    any of the many little Bistros in the back streets. You can almost always get a good Steak et frites in those.

One of my favourites is the Café de l'Opera, near the Opera, but that wont help you if yor wife doesn't like seafood (oysters, shellfish etc.)
  • Oh, nearly forgot, if you are going to splash out on a special meal try the Tour d'Argent or the restaurant on the first floor of the Eifel Tower.
  • The Brasserie d'Ile St Louis is quite nice (on the island next up from Notre Damme). Pretty reasonable, very traditional. There's a number of very pleasant places on the island if you're after a romantic dinner away from the hub bub
  • edited October 2010
    Good place to start is Timeout:

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/features/4619/3.html

I'll be off to l’Assiette on Friday, as I'm arriving in Paris early before a friend finishes work. Always wanted to go to Le Timbre as well, heard only good things of it.
  • Would really recomennd a place called 'Le Ciel du Paris'. We went there for my daughter's 21st and fantastic views of central Paris and Eiffel Tower all lit up.It was about a 10 min cab ride away from the Eiffel Tower but worth it as food was excellent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Try Le Procope, it's the oldest in France. Had an evening in there, it was great.
  • There are several decent little restaurants on Rue Montorgueil and there is a Metro station at the top of the street, Sentier if I recall correctly so it's easy to get to even if you're not staying close by. On said street La Perla is a nice Italian restaurant and L'Epicerie is a decent inexpensive french place. My missus doesn't really go for foreign food but she found stuff to eat in both - the sauteed potatoes at L'Epicierie were awesome. I've only been to Paris once but don't think you can go too far wrong as long as you stay off the tourist routes when looking for a restaurant - if they offer menus in languages other than french then the food is probably average and over priced.
  • Take out a second mortgage.

I used to go to Paris a fair bit and ended up eating in one of two restaurants where the food for Paris reasonably cheap and where I felt at least 10% hadn't been added on purely because I wasn't French. Neither are in the the area you are looking for - one is the Ile de France and the other in st Pauls-St Louis region and was called "Thanksgiving" - serving excellent Cajun food.