Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

den haag vs charlton 2006?

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
On a recent trip to Holland I met a guy who said he saw a friendly when we played Den Haag away for a pre season friendly?
I hadn't heard of it at the time and can't find any news about it but he is convinced.
Did we play them? if so did anyone here attend? How was it?
cheers

Comments

• Options
    In 2006 we played Utrecht and a Belgium side Germinal Berrshot, or something like that.

Think there was an earlier Dutch pre-season tour between 99-02, bur don't remember us playing Den Haag
  • Options
    I remember we played a friendly away to Roda because i went to it. Can't remember what year though.
  • Options
    A club named Blau Witz in Amsterdam played next to the old olympic stadium where Ajax played. But that was in the late sixties.
  • Options
    Sorry Blauw Wit
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Clive Mendonca's testimonial. We played them at home, right?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_joe[/cite]Clive Mendonca's testimonial. We played them at home, right?

Wasn't that NEC Nijmegen
  • Options
    When did we play Feyenoord?
  • Options
    2005 v feyenoord
  • Options
    Me & a few bods from here went to Roda. Absoute mayhem.
  • Options
    Those were the days.

Bray Wanderers isn't quite the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We had a pre-season away at Roda around that time, but I can't recall anything in The Hague...
  • Options
    ok, thanks everyone. I will let him know.
  • Options
    The pre season games were the best part about Charlton. Roda/Bray were cracking days out.
  • Options
    Charlton have not played ADO Den Haag as i can see.Speaking to Les Turner the other week the subject of Charlton playing in the Olympic Stadium Amsterdam against D W S Amsterdam in 1968 came up.Charlton beat DWS 1-0 that year goal coming from Matt Tees.DWS went on to play Chelsea in the Inter - Cities Fairs Cup afew months later and lost.D W S stands for Door Wilskracht Sterk which means (STRONG BY WILLING POWER) all double dutch to me.
  • Options
    I went to the preseason game in Holland , when Mattie Svensson was carried off with a broken arm , think Curbs was in charge , and we lost 2 - Nil versus Roda??