Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benson's 2nd goal !

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Have you seen Benson's second goal ? A blinding header !!!

Comments

• Options
    yes
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Ever since he scored it, been going over it again and again. Easily my fave moment of the season.
  • Options
    best header I've seen at this level
  • Options
    Honestly, I thought: "What a waste of our money" a good few weeks ago. Who didn't? Put your hands up everyone!

However, we are now starting to see clear evidence that he will absolutely score goals for us IF we deliver the right ball early into goalscoring areas!

Great header - actually both his goals reminded me of Holt (Norwich) last season.

Benson - yep, starting to warm to this guy a lot!
  • Options
    All very well having a natural goal scorer up front but he won't create chances for him self. Let's hope Saturday was a turning point. Creating 4 quality goals away from home gives us hope that maybe we will start to create more and benno will be there to put them in.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Honestly, I thought: "What a waste of our money" a good few weeks ago. Who didn't? Put your hands up everyone!

However, we are now starting to see clear evidence that he will absolutely score goals for us IF we deliver the right ball early into goalscoring areas!

Great header - actually both his goals reminded me of Holt (Norwich) last season.

Benson - yep, starting to warm to this guy a lot![/quote]

If he continues to score like he has been for the rest of the season, then humble pie for me!!!
  • Options
    Mmmmm, this humble pie is delicious! I love eating humble pie - it's so good to be wrong and still feel so happy about it, yum, yum!

Spoon anyone?
  • Options
    It was wrong to write him off so soon, but it'd be wrong to write him on just yet either. Definitely some promising signs - that was great header and the way he took his first indicated a man playing with confidence which bodes well if we can get him in space in the box. If in eight to ten games time he's got 10 goals to his name then he'll be looking a bit more like the real deal, but for now it's just a good start.
  • Options
    I always thought he would come good. I think he has a great first touch and most of the fans get on players backs way to early!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]I always thought he would come good.

I reckon we'll be hearing that alot over the next few days !!
  • Options
    just watched it ... what a header ... superb!
  • Options
    both absolute quality strikers goals.

in this i mean, for the first, from the moment it came down in the box, he knew what he was upto. great strength to hold 2 off and a sublime finish by way of toe poke/punt/outside foot swerver (quarter shimmy, quarter turn, quarter feint - GOAL MENDONCA ring a bell???)

contrast this with someone like varney who could only score from a "swinger". if you swing enough, one will go in. explains why he seemed to score the odd wonder goal but constantly miss 6 yarders. id back benno to score 8 out of 10 chances "he should be scoring" so to speak
  • Options
    It was good to see him change his run and get across and in front of the defender. An awesome header that I didn't think was in his game. I know Carlisle were struggling with injuries, but the first goal was nice to see that his height sucked the defender in and he responded excellently to an imperfect assist of his own!

Let's hope it continues, though I still think he's a better player at home when Abbott comes on and makes his physical challenges/tackles. It just gives Benson space to pick, to link play and get inbetween defenders.
  • Options
    Crosses. It's all about the quality of the crosses. Against Brighton virtually every cross was over hit !!
  • Options
    Definately agreed about Benson but also should point out that Anyinsahs goal had an un charlton like look to it also, another touch of genuine quality. Jacksons goal wasnt bad either
  • Options
    I have always said deliver those balls and the boy will score

but i tell you i didnt know he could do that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]It was good to see him change his run and get across and in front of the defender. An awesome header that I didn't think was in his game. I know Carlisle were struggling with injuries, but the first goal was nice to see that his height sucked the defender in and he responded excellently to an imperfect assist of his own!

Let's hope it continues, though I still think he's a better player at home when Abbott comes on and makes his physical challenges/tackles. It just gives Benson space to pick, to link play and get inbetween defenders.

I actually think Anyinsah will help him more in this. He's not as tall or bulky as Abbot but he seems to have a strength about him which means he can put himslef about and hold the ball up - he also has the pace to chase lost causes and get defenders back pedalling. That should make defences drop a bit deeper and give Benson space to play between the lines. If you put Benno and Abbot in together teams can just push up and squeeze the space, safe in the knowledge we offer little threat in behind.