Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Liberal Club

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Does the Charlton liberal club show Sky sports on a Saturday and do they sell Real Ale ? And is it any good in there ?

In Bartrams at the last game the John Smiths was off.

Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    how did you get on with your chat with Parkinson on Thursday?
  • Options
    Found out that he is actually barred from the John Franklin and not The Pier. It also turned out that some regulars of the two pubs had warned the landlords of what was on this forum.

However What do I know , what a result on Saturday. I'm sure Parky will enjoy his beer this Thursday.

What about the liberal club ?
  • Options
    Hi Kingston.

As far as I know the Liberal will be showing the football but it's a bit hit or miss lately. They don't sell cask ale but they do sell bottles of ale. It's generally a good atmosphere in there as away fans are usually allowed in. Sheffield Wednesday usually get there quite early and take up all the seats so you'd have to get there around mid day.

Your local real Ale alternatives are The Oak, The Rose of Denmark (on Woolwich Road), The Bugle and The Swan in the village.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Found out that he is actually barred from the John Franklin and not The Pier. It also turned out that some regulars of the two pubs had warned the landlords of what was on this forum.

However What do I know , what a result on Saturday. I'm sure Parky will enjoy his beer this Thursday.

The pier & Franklin are my 2 new local pubs if you mean the ones in Greenhithe! Moved round the corner from them at the weekend
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Found out that he is actually barred from the John Franklin and not The Pier. It also turned out that some regulars of the two pubs had warned the landlords of what was on this forum.

You quoted FACT on one of your posts so you didnt get your facts right. I think your post telling people where he drank and on what nights was the wrong thing to do.

The liberal does not show sky sports games as far as im aware, its not got a pot to piss in so how it could afford sky sports i dont know.
  • Options
    Con Club show's all the live games on sky/ESPN
  • Options
    Bishop's Finger and Spitfire in bottles.
  • Options
    I drink in the Rose of Denmark after every home match. It has 3 TVs showing sky sports and well cared for London Pride. It's open to all before games, but ST only after.
  • Options
    Spitfire on tap as well
  • Options
    Pickwick ftw!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've not bee in the Pickwick since I worked in ASDA stacking shelves.
  • Options
    master brew on tap is really nice in the liberal
  • Options
    The Pickwick is an absolute dive, but it does have a good jukebox. Only very recently I got attacked by a eastern european bloke in the garden next door with a rabid dog and a shovel because I was talking to loudly on my phone in the garden at about 7pm. Luckily there was a fence in the way.