Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ince new Notts County gaffer!

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Looks like if Parky goes he wont be at the Valley!

Comments

• Options
    Is this confirmed, thought the official announcement was not until tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Wouldn't want Ince anywhere near the Valley.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    What has Ince achieved to even be mentioned as a candidate? I'd rather have my mum as manager
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]What has Ince achieved to even me mentioned as a candidate?

Kept Maccelsfield up against the odds
    Won League 2 and JPT with MK Dons
    They were not a million miles from the Play Offs last season, not bad considering the sides they had to compete with- Milwall, Leeds, Norwich, Ourselves etc.

Not bad, considering he has only had 3 full seasons in management. No way was he given enough time at Blackburn. Was listening to a phone in and a Rovers fan said he thought Ince would have turned things around and he would rather him than Allardyce.

We could do a lot worse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]What has Ince achieved to even me mentioned as a candidate?

Kept Maccelsfield up against the odds
    Won League 2 and JPT with MK Dons

Not bad, considering he has only had 3 full seasons in management. No way was he given enough time at Blackburn. Was listening to a phone in and a Rovers fan said he thought Ince would have turned things around and he would rather him than Allardyce.

I agree. I think it was just too much too soon at Blackburn, much like Keane at Sunderland. Some people can pull it off but others need to put the time in down the lower leagues before getting their chance at bigger clubs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Wouldn't want Ince anywhere near the Valley.

i definitely think we've had a result here. one of the last people i wanted linked to us.

*prays that this comment doesn't bite me in the arse in 6 months time
  • Options
    Good... Scummy prick who plays terrible football, dirtiest team i've seen at the Valley.
  • Options
    Bloody good job would have been a terrible thing him coming to the valley.
  • Options
    he'll prolly get them relegated 12 points adrift
    fail to win promotion with a decent budget and set of players
    then get them to 10th in the table and unbelievably some might question whether he is a good manager
    but surely if you give him ten years we all know he'll succeed

freak show
  • Options
    I could never get my head around people wanting Ince at the Valley, the man couldn't manage his way out of a brown paper bag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he'll prolly get them relegated 12 points adrift
    fail to win promotion with a decent budget and set of players
    then get them to 10th in the table and unbelievably some might question whether he is a good manager
    but surely if you give him ten years we all know he'll succeed

freak show[/quote]
    Only if it's not his team
  • Options
    Sitting near the halfway line in the West, I get a good view of visiting managers and how they go about their business. I wouldn't want Ince anywhere near us. All he did last season was berate his players and get on their backs, not a single word of encouragement came out of the guys mouth. It was almost as if he was taking the pi$$ out of his own players! He'd be quick to tell them what they were doing was crap but didn't give them any clue of what they should be doing instead. I know we beat them 5-1 but from the start he just came across as a complete tosser. I've never forgotten that. Not the kind of manager players would want to play for. Good luck Notts!
  • Options
    signed a four-year deal too. Allegedly pipped Ruud Gullit to the job.