Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£1500 to sponsor a whole CAFC youth team

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ridiculously cheap bit of advertising, if they do well will be fantastic investment for someone
  • Options
    It's not shirt sponsorship - more to do with keeping them ticking over I think but I guess we'll find out more next week
  • Options
    Swisdom , he is the under 11's so still a baby!
    We are looking to create a wish list of items we need and ways to either raise funds through the club or through sponsorship.
    Simple things like tracksuits are still not available to the boys , making sure the floodlights work , which you may find bizarre (the dome and small astro are regualary not all working), providing a scaffold tower for recording training and games, to dugouts, goals and lastly sponsoring transport and games further away. You name it we need it! If the forum could choose an item I think that would be fantastic publicity around the club ethos.
    Anythhing I can do to facilitate through Steve A and David White let me know. Cheers!
  • Options
    Thanks SJFC:
    I'll help if I can, but like to know who/what I'm helping.
  • Options
    Cheers MIG , 100% agree with you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sid James Fan Club[/cite]Cheers MIG , 100% agree with you.

Its MOG to my "friends" !
    ;-)
  • Options
    Good idea ... look forward to the feedback AFKA and next steps
  • Options
    Absolutely in if this can be arranged. I'm out of the country until Dec 2nd but will defintely join in when I get back
  • Options
    Swisdom, where did this come from and why £1500?

Sounds a good idea to raise money for all the reasons Sid James says.

Did a straw poll at the Bromley Addicks meeting last week and those there thought it a good idea to support the Academy so I think we may be trying to sponsor a team as well.
  • Options
    If this is viable then count me in for £50.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy to nominate myself as funds collector again as most would have my bank details stored. After afka comes back with ideas.
  • Options
    I'm in...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Happy to nominate myself as funds collector again as most would have my bank details stored. After afka comes back with ideas.

Thanks for that. No midnight flit to Rio, mind! ;0)
  • Options
    £1500 was in the program at the weekend (page 3 iirc)

Curb_it - ive atepped into the 21st century now, I have Internet banking!
  • Options
    Count me in
  • Options
    Just thought I'd ask if there has been any further discussions and if you need me to follow up on anything. I think their is some great support here and the comments from a number of you, showing support that is already willing to help elsewhere, such as the Bromely addicks makes me wonder how we can bring this all together to have sponsors for each team or a specific project.
    Regards
  • Options
    I'm sure something can be done but it takes time to get it off the ground. Once Afka has a chance to speak to the club we'll hopefully have a better idea of what it's all about and we'll get cracking.
  • Options
    Hello All
    Sorry me again,I've noticed this has gone off the radar a little - We are still very keen to muster your valuable support! Just for your info a group of us parents met with Steve Kavanagh , Steve Avory and Damian Matthew last week. We are trying to develop ideas to generate valuable funds and equally find new ways of investment to the Academy. We see the team sponsorship of £1500 per side as a very good quick win and are hoping you are still up for helping in some way. I have asked Steve K how this can promoted back and we are looking at advertising as an example.
    We are also very keen to find new investors (which I know will be very difficult) to the academy one of the biggest challenges I see is the mini buses we need. Again if there are any friendly car dealers out there please shout! This is only part of it as I posted before simple things like lack of lights , tracksuits are crucial items the boys need. As always I understand the financial pressures we all face and again anything you can provide in terms of support or contacts will hopefully bring the future success we all want and demand of the club.
  • Options
    Whatever happened to this?

We had all of the youth teams parading around the pitch, a plea for support, very generous pedges and then nish, nada, nowt.

I guess the takeover has possibly kind of thrown a bit of a spanner in the works, but I don't see why any new owner would b e displeased at the prospect of some free cash to help with running a prt of their business.
  • Options
    Off It, i had an initial chat re requirements, and took the decision not to pursue it 'at this point in time'.

Would be very proud if we could sponsor some form of the youth team structure, but if i'm honest these are the sort of things that i think should be instigated and determined in the summer / start to the season rather than rushed through in December, halfway through a season.

'We' as a collective site are already sponsoring five players this season, raising circa 2.5k in summer, and then boosted that by raising a further 4k in October for the Community Trust's Upbeats appeal in October, which all in i personally think is a tremendous contribution to the club and its associated projects.

I'm conscious we don't drain the well too much in too short a space of time, and equally it is against a backdrop of new investors about to come into the club.

However, i will follow this through next summer and see what feasibly we can get involved with for the 2011/12 season.

Does that sound fair guys ? Obviously if the consensus is different then more than happy to go with the majority.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Makes a lot of sense to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That's all fair enough AFKA. However, the impression I got was that the club actually needed the cash now rather than later - though as I say I guess the takeover process perhaps makes this less of an issue.

Also, fair point about not wanting to keep going back to the well for fear of it running dry, but wont the same apply in the summer? Presumably we will be wanting to sponsor players shirts again, wont we? There probably never is a "right" time to tap paople for money but I just feel like we lost the momentum that was building on this.

Ah well, no big deal. (Edit: although it's a shame as by my reckoning just going back over the thread we were almost halfway there already in just a couple of days)