Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Sheffield Wendy - Player ratings

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
From those at the game, copy and paste list below, marks out of ten (half marks allowed). Statbank to return this week :-)

Elliot -
Francis -
Dailly -
Doherty -
Fry -
Wagstaff -
Semedo -
Racon -
Jackson -
Benson -
Ayinsah -
Martin N/A -

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Elliot - 6
    Francis - 7.5
    Dailly - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Fry - 7
    Wagstaff - 7.5
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 8
    Jackson - 6.5
    Benson - 7
    Ayinsah - 7.5
    Martin N/A - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 6 - Just for keeping a clean sheet. Didn't honestly have a lot to do.
    Francis - 7 - Good blocks, made good decisions when to intercept the ball. Still doesn't tackle much for a defender, but good game
    Dailly - 7 - Steady and was really trying to organise the back line. Saw him and Doherty having a few words a few times.
    Doherty - 6 - Bad first half, better second half. Poor defensive headers.
    Fry - 7 - I like Fry, hope he keeps his place because i think he will get better.
    Wagstaff - 7 Good goal, looked a threat for most of the game
    Semedo - 7 - Played really well with Racon today. Was getting concerned he would get sent off though
    Racon - 8 MOM - Played very well. Won balls, spread the ball about and won battles in the middle.
    Jackson - 7 - I don't rate him at left back but looks so much more affective in left midfield.
    Benson - 8 - I honestly think he is getting a lot better. Wins headers, passes the ball about, flicks the ball on and chases things.
    Ayinsah - 8 - Chases what look like lost causes and gets there. I really rate this guy. Hope he stays fit.
    Martin - 7 - What a nice threat to have coming off the bench. Scared the life out of them. Not sure why he did that dive though

Ok maybe generous scores, but i am happy, we won and deserved too. Benson and Anyinsah are a good partnership up front. Just need to steady up our defence in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elliot - 6 one good save in first half, not much to do. Aside from one dodgy kick, his distribution has improved since August.
    Francis- 7 improving week by week. starting to see a decent RB, good going forward aswell.
    Dailly - 7 solid and steady
    Doherty - 6 worries me as he is so slow and worried his back passes won't make it. His headers were too often more up than out.
    Fry - 7 solid, still learning but he is decent.
    Wagstaff - 7.5 excellent first half, good goal and could've got a second, Quieter in second.
    Semedo - 8 best he has been for a while.
    Racon - 8 ditto to Semedo. Have openly criticised him but he was excellent today.
    Jackson - 7 he is no Reid but offers good balance and protects Fry, tidy.
    Benson - 8 agree that he is getting better game by game, still asjusting to playing with better players than at Daggers but he is a threat when the ball goes in the box.
    Anyinsah- 7.5 was better last week but he works hard and is a constant threat. Got potential to be a real asset this season if he stays fit.
    Martin- 6 excellent skill but disgraceful dive.
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Dailly - 7
    Doherty -7
    Fry - 7
    Wagstaff -7
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 8.5
    Jackson - 6.5
    Benson -7
    Ayinsah - 7.5
    Martin N/A - 6.5
  • Options
    Elliot -7
    Dailly -7
    Doherty -7 a rock today
    Fry -7
    Wagstaff -7
    Semedo -7 Wonder what his hissy-fit was all about?
    Racon -8 Read the game well today
    Jackson -7
    Benson -7 Gonna have to eat my words. Played well
    Ayinsah -7 ball didn't fall for him, unlucky
    Martin N/A - one great trick that had us all clapping

MOM was actually Weaver!
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 7.5
    Dailly - 7
    Doherty - 6
    Fry - 6
    Wagstaff - 8
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 7
    Jackson - 7.5
    Benson - 7.5
    Ayinsah - 8.5
    Martin N/A - 7
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elliot - 6.5 for staying awake
    Francis - 7.5 solid defending, threat going forward and some beautiful set piece delivery
    Dailly - 6.5 ok
    Doherty - 6.5 bit of a 50p head sometimes but some great blocks when needed
    Fry - 7 got done a couple of times but looks very good for a 19 year old. Loves a tackle, brave, and a sweet volley early on. Put some studs in next time though!!
    Wagstaff 7.5 - great engine, never gives up and such a good eye for a goal. Great haul from midfield
    Semedo - 7.5 much better. Like a one man wall today. Calm the temper though sunshine.
    Racon - 8 best game in ages and ages. Tidy feet, won plenty of tackles and loose balls and minimal stropping. MOM
    Jackson - 6.5 solid in midfield and tucked in nicely when Martin came on
    Benson - 8 great game. Mobile and energetic. Wins a lot of headers and gets in good positions
    Ayinsah - 7.5 so strong and fast. Look forward to getting him fully fit
    Martin 7 nice cameo. Direct and pacy. Shame about the comedy dive!

Parky 8.5 nailed it today. Good selection, tactics and subs.

Great day all round
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elliot - 6 Did what he needed to do, but needs to communicate and read the game a little better.
    Francis - 7 Sound in defence and supported Waggy well and got forward into decent positions. Won't always get the quality on the cross, but caused them more than enough problems today.
    Dailly - 6.5 not his best game, but still didn't come away second best very often.
    Doherty - 7.5 no nonsense defending, played Mellor well and snuffed out most of their "launches" into our box.
    Fry - 6.5 looks as though he could mature into a sound defender, but today was giving them a little too much room to get the ball in from wide on his side.
    Wagstaff - 7 Took his goal well and although he was drifting in and out of the game without threatening enough, he gave his all and covered back very well.
    Semedo - 6.5 Defends well but could help Racon by being a little more confident on ther ball and going forward.
    Racon - 8.5 Great game today, saw plenty of the ball, looked after it well and found players in forward positions. Gave their midfield duo the run around.
    Jackson - 7.5 Though he had a decent game out left, had the better of his battle on that side of the pitch and put a few telling balls in.
    Benson - 7.5 Won his percentage up front and linked play well today. Nearly scored on a couple of occasions and maybe deserved a goal today.
    Ayinsah - 8 Like what I saw from him today. Bullied their centre backs and will be a real handful when he's 100% fit and on his game.
  • Options
    Elliot - 6.5 - Not much to do but what he did have to do he did well.
    Francis - 7 - Best i've seen him, good in dfence- strong and corners were excellent.
    Dailly - 6.5 - Steady but some indecision, not his best but not terrible.
    Doherty - 7 - Cool as a cucumber and good interventions and tackles.
    Fry - 7 - Very solid- the defence looks well balanced with him playing left back.
    Wagstaff - 7 Good goal, busy game, a few wrong choices near the end in front of goal but energy levels were important to us.
    Semedo - 7 - A semedo performance except went a bit more forward than usual - think Jackson playing in the middle gives us more license.
    Racon - 9 MOM - TERRIFIC and class -really pleased to be saying that - Parky's job is to keep it at this level.
    Jackson - 7 - Midfield benefits from him playing higher up the pitch.
    Benson - 7.5 - No pace cost him some chances but his qualities are shining through and he is going to get goals for us. Good signing Parky - sorry I might have doubted you for a few weeks.
    Ayinsah - 8.5 - Whilst Racon was MOM, this player is the key to us getting promotion -mark my words. He transforms our attack into something defenders are comfortable with to one that terrifies them. Think he brings out the best in teammates and pushes opponents back as they never feel safe. Some clumsy professional fouls against him taht should have been penalised more by the ref.
    Martin - 7 - great cameo - On as a sub is his role but good option to have. One sublime piece of skill that was worth the admission alone -well nearly.

And Parky - He has take some flak of late, including from me so he deserves a big 9.
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis- 7
    Dailly - 6.5
    Doherty - 6.5 not too sure about him, prefer to see Fortune there
    Fry - 6
    Wagstaff - 7.5 great goal and a constent threat
    Semedo - 7.5
    Racon - 8
    Jackson -6.5
    Benson - 7.5
    Ayinsah -7.5
    Martin N/A - 6.5 - GREAATT SKILL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot - 6.5 OK, Flapped a bit on the rare occasions he was tested
    Francis - 7 Not a fan but that was decent
    Dailly - 7 competent as usual
    Doherty - 5 some good tackles but can't seem to head the ball forwards. Too slow and gets turned easily. Please bring in Fortune for him Parky
    Fry - 7 Really like him
    Wagstaff - 7.5 Decent goal, loads of energy. Played the wrong pass in good positions in the second half on at least 3 occasions
    Semedo - 7.5 Very good. Loved his sliding tackles.
    Racon - 8.5 Bossed it. Great performance
    Jackson - 7 Decent tackled back well
    Benson - 7.5 Worked hard. Some good shots but a bit rabbit-in-the-headlights when through on goal
    Ayinsah - 8 I like this guy. First touch lets him down a bit and seems clumbsy but a royal pain in their defence's backside all afternoon.
    Martin N/A - 7 That turn on the touchline and cross! Really wanted it. Desperate to come on.
  • Options
    Elliot - 6.5 - Little to do
    Francis - 6.5 - Starting to believe in him after last two games, warming to him for sure
    Dailly - 6.5 - Solid
    Doherty - 6 - Don't feel confident when the ball goes near him
    Fry - 7 - Good, seemed to start tucking in a lot more 2nd half which gave their right winger too much space
    Wagstaff - 8.5 - So important to us, for non stop running at the end
    Semedo - 7.5 - Always get the feeling he is gonna get sent off, but seemed back to his usual solid self today
    Racon - 8 - Great passing today, really stood out
    Jackson - 7 - Seemed completly shot for the last 15 minutes
    Benson - 8 - Starting to see why he was Parky's main target
    Ayinsah - 8 - What a find! With Benson a great front two in my opinion
    Martin N/A - 6.5 - Great trick, did he mean it?
  • Options
    Also just want to say that the ref was pretty good for a change
  • Options
    Elliot - 6.5 Coped with the little pressure put on him
    Francis- 7 Better going forward that defending, which is worrying but a decent performance
    Dailly - 7 solid as always
    Doherty - 6 had a few shaky moments in the second half
    Fry - 7 looked good, certainty better than Jackson at left back
    Wagstaff - 8.5 superb performance down the flank and a tidy finish
    Semedo - 7 decent challenges, decent passing, would have been an 8 but for his hot headedness
    Racon - 8 best performance from Therry in a while, some super tackles
    Jackson -6.5 Can't imagine Reid is to worried about his place
    Benson - 7 Didn't win a header for the first 15 minutes but he's starting to come good
    Ayinsah - 8 very impressed, holds the ball well, strong and has bundles of pace
    Martin N/A - 7 just for that trick on the byline
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elliot - 6
    Francis- 7
    Dailly - 6
    Doherty - 7
    Fry -7
    Wagstaff - 8
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 8
    Jackson - 7
    Benson - 7
    Ayinsah - 8
    Martin N/A -7
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Dailly - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Fry - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 8
    Jackson - 7
    Benson - 8.5
    Ayinsah - 8
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jints[/cite]Also just want to say that the ref was pretty good for a change

Balls!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elliot - 6
    Dailly - 6.5
    Doherty - 7
    Fry - 6
    Wagstaff - 7
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Benson - 8
    Ayinsah - 8
    Martin N/A - 7

edited you left out

francis 8

great game for him too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]
    MOM was actually Weaver!

agreed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jints[/cite]Also just want to say that the ref was pretty good for a change

Balls!!

haha yh ! did you hear when he blew the whistle 3 times when it was a throw in or something??
    i thought it was half time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis- 7
    Dailly - 6.5
    Doherty - 7.5
    Fry -7.5
    Wagstaff - 8. Love him. He is Charlton
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 8.5 Blimey, can hardly believe the score but he was terrific today. Just do it every week, Therry.
    Jackson - 6.5
    Benson - 7.5
    Ayinsah - 7
    Martin N/A -6.5
  • Options
    Elliot -7.5
    Dailly - 6
    Doherty -8
    Fry - 7
    Wagstaff - 8
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 8.5
    Jackson -7
    Benson - 6.5
    Anyinsah - 7
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 7
    Dailly - 6
    Doherty - 6
    Fry - 7
    Wagstaff - 8
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 8
    Jackson - 7
    Benson - 7
    Anyinsah - 8
    Martin N/A - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 Clean sheet , can't ask for more .Prefer the yellow shirt.
    Francis- 7.5 Steadily improving , could prove to be a good signing after all
    Dailly - 6.5 Held us together
    Doherty - 6.5 Looks commanding in the air , worried about his lack of pace but generally sound in League One. Good threat at corners also
    Fry -6.5 Would like to see him play Centre Half again as I'm not sure he is a Left back , but did ok.
    Wagstaff - 8 Good engine well taken goal
    Semedo - 8 Worked hard
    Racon -9 I'm not always a fan but today he tracked back well in addition to his undoubted talent in the middle MOTM in my view. Best game I've seen him play for us.
    Jackson - 7.5 We look sounder with him in midfield if we go 4 4 2 he compliments Waggy and protects Fry better than Reid would. Still like to see him go inside with Reid wide left in a 4 5 1.
    Benson - 7 Good link up play
    Ayinsah - 8 Looked dangerous and exciting
    Martin Good cameo . We now will always have a match winner on the bench.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 7.5
    Dailly - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Fry - 7
    Wagstaff - 8
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 8.5
    Jackson - 7
    Benson - 7.5
    Ayinsah - 7.5
    Martin N/A - 7
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elliot - 6
    Dailly - 6
    Francis - 7
    Doherty - 6
    Fry - 7
    Wagstaff - 7.5
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 8.5 - MOM
    Jackson - 7
    Benson - 7.5
    Ayinsah - 7.5

I have been Semedo and Racon's biggest critics over the last few weeks but i have to admit they were the difference today.
    Good performance ( especially the first half ) - Parky seems to have shut up the critics of which i was one and i couldn't be more happier!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elliot - 6 Did what he had to capably
    Francis 7 growing in confidence EDITED TO INCLUDE
    Dailly - 7 Didnt have his usual 'cigar on' but worked hard and kept the others going
    Doherty - 7 Poor form of late but put his body on the line today and did all that was asked of him
    Fry - 7 Sound performance and only a fine save from Weaver deprived him of a goal
    Wagstaff - 7.5 would have been 9 but loses marks for some poor decisions. Works really hard both defensively and in attack. Clinical finish
    Semedo - 8 Much more like the Jose we know and love. Was in the Wednesday players' faces all match
    Racon - 8.5 Not his greatest fan but the man was outstanding today both defensively and in helping out the attack. Every week please Therry and we will have a player...
    Jackson - 7 Links well with Fry. Got on the far post well in attack even though the ball never really reached him
    Benson - 9 A prodigious amount of work holding the ball up, running off the ball and making himself available. A goal would have capped an excellent performance
    Ayinsah - 8.5 Ireally like Joe's blend of power and pace. We need to keep him fit as not only is he good in his own right but he brings the best out of Benson
    Martin N/A - 7 for the trickery on the touchline
  • Options
    Elliot - 6 - Seems to lack confidence
    Francis- 7 - Much better. Some good crosses
    Dailly - 7 - Mr Solid
    Doherty - 6.5 - Better game
    Fry -7 - Great for his age
    Wagstaff - 6 - Goal good, some poor touches
    Semedo - 7 - Great game and works so well with Racon
    Racon - 8.5 - Solid, fast, great vision TODAY
    Jackson - 7 - Much better on the left wing
    Benson - 7.5 - Worked his socks off and did his defending bit well
    Ayinsah - 8 - runs well and works for the team
    Martin N/A -7 - Great technical touches but frustrates
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    edited you left out francis

Balls. That will teach me to rush it when i'm told for the 3rd time my dinner is on the table....
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 7
    Dailly - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Fry - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 8
    Jackson - 7
    Benson - 7
    Ayinsah - 7