Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Therry Racon

Comments

• Options
    First of all, I know many people on here say he has no creativity, doesn't get forward, doesn't shoot etc.

I have always been firmly in his corner, but there have been times that I have disappointed in his performances.

However, since he has been moved to left wing, I think he has really started to show us what he can do. He has been one of the bright patches in this torrid run, and today I thought he was a major factor in our win.

He is probably our most skilful player, and can beat a man better than anyone else in our current squad (I'm including Eccleston and Reid in this list, they don't beat people enough)

He also has a turn of pace, and can use both feet with ease. His passing is varied and accurate, and he has great vision.

I also think that his understanding with Semedo gets us out of tight spots more often than not, they seem to know where they are in relation to eachother on the pitch.

Stats may say he hasn't created a lot of goals, but I have always said it's not necessarily the final ball that makes the goal. Today, Racon drifted in from the left to pick up the ball as there wasn't much happening from Parrett and Semedo, and played a wonderful reverse pass to BWP. His shot was saved, but Benson followed up and scored the equalizer. Now every stat in the history books will tell you the assist came from BWP, or no-one, but I can assure you that the goal would never have happened if it wasn't for Racon's vision.

I don't think he's been amazing this season, but he certainly shouldn't be the fall guy in our squad, that accolade belongs elsewhere......
  • Options
    He's really turned it on the past 3 or 4 matches . What a shame it didn't happen sooner....

Heard a very strong rumour today that he's "signed" for another Club in readiness for next season.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]He's really turned it on the past 3 or 4 matches . What a shame it didn't happen sooner....

Heard a very strong rumour today that he's "signed" for another Club in readiness for next season.[/quote]

go on then...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]He's really turned it on the past 3 or 4 matches . What a shame it didn't happen sooner....

Heard a very strong rumour today that he's "signed" for another Club in readiness for next season.
    Perfectly within his rights to do so as long as it's in another league.

Any reason why you can't reveal the rumoured club?
  • Options
    Spill the beans then... abroad or CCC?

I've always liked Racon, always think he gets a raw deal on here with people complaining he doesn't turn up enough. Well he turns up alot more often than most of the current squad does.
  • Options
    If true why bother to continue to play him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]If true why bother to continue to play him?
    Well cos he's our best fit LM playing CM player? Though if true it does make Uncle right that Parky wasn't protecting Jonjo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]He's really turned it on the past 3 or 4 matches . What a shame it didn't happen sooner....

I heard that, although as I bumped into you pre match maybe it was you that told me!!

Don't think we know who the club is and of course its just a rumour,not true until confirmed on OS or SSN

[cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]If true why bother to continue to play him?
    Well cos he's our best fit LM playing CM player? Though if true it does make Uncle right that Parky wasn't protecting Jonjo

Not sure how you link the two. If Parkie did not play Jonjo it was to protect the club from losing out on a big transfer fee, Racon is out of contract there is no potential income for us to protect the club from losing so if he gets injured its tough on him.
  • Options
    The problem with him yesterday, especially in the first half was that he kept drifting inside, and when Orient countered he left Bessone very exposed down the left.

Having said that he was excellent, especially in the 2nd half...hugged the line well, some good link up play etc. But do you replace him for Jackson when he's fit again?
  • Options
    He is only playing better to get a new deal.

We have to cut him loose, he loses the ball too often and that has been a big problem for us this season.

He has spent years on decent wages, only putting-in average performances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap's correct.

It is only a rumour and the "informant" didn't even know whether it's an English club or foreign.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted as it IS only a rumour...Sorry
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Kap's correct.

It is only a rumour and the "informant" didn't even know whether it's an English club or foreign.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted as it IS only a rumour...Sorry

This place would be a much sorrier place without rumours, keep 'em coming and if you don't have any make 'em up.!!!! :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10 [/cite]This place would be a much sorrier place without rumours, keep 'em coming and if you don't have any make 'em up.!!!! :-)[/quote]

Ive heard he has signed for this lot

Racon's New Team

Will that do?
  • Options
    Don't really know why everyones raving about racon, 1st half he misplaced loads of easy balls, he only put one good cross in all day, wud love to see his pass completion from yesterday. Didn't win any header all day long, had two very good shots and one decent cross,but that was it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: benjest1989[/cite]Don't really know why everyones raving about racon, 1st half he misplaced loads of easy balls, he only put one good cross in all day, wud love to see his pass completion from yesterday. Didn't win any header all day long, had two very good shots and one decent cross,but that was it
    Too right. Do you think we should get McCormack back in?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: benjest1989[/cite]Don't really know why everyones raving about racon, 1st half he misplaced loads of easy balls, he only put one good cross in all day, wud love to see his pass completion from yesterday. Didn't win any header all day long, had two very good shots and one decent cross,but that was it
    if you say so... Who won the ball for stuarts cross onto semedo's noggin?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]He is only playing better to get a new deal
    shows a desire to play for us?
  • Options
    he is certainly good enough - Powell might just be sussing out how to get the best out of him. Will need a few more MOTM performances to confirm
  • Options

Everyone is raving about him because when he has a good game for us he is one of the best players in this divison. Won the ball for the third goal, played in BWP for the first and was a constant threat. Drifts inside when people go missing to carry on the pressure, won a lot of balls and passed it well. Didn't win a header all day? Who gives a flying f*** if he is influential in the build up for two of our goals? Had two very good shots? How many did his compatriot Wagstaff have? Pass completion? Higher than average, that's for sure! The amount of times he picks up the ball and plays a simple ball to keep the pressure on is something that people overlook, he keeps the ball moving all the time, and if he doesn't have much on, he'll take on his man and, by and large, beat him. Anyone seriously saying that we are better off without him in our squad doesn't know a thing about football. I'd have him as our left winger over Kyel Reid every day of the week
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]

Everyone is raving about him because when he has a good game for us he is one of the best players in this divison. Won the ball for the third goal, played in BWP for the first and was a constant threat. Drifts inside when people go missing to carry on the pressure, won a lot of balls and passed it well. Didn't win a header all day? Who gives a flying f*** if he is influential in the build up for two of our goals? Had two very good shots? How many did his compatriot Wagstaff have? Pass completion? Higher than average, that's for sure! The amount of times he picks up the ball and plays a simple ball to keep the pressure on is something that people overlook, he keeps the ball moving all the time, and if he doesn't have much on, he'll take on his man and, by and large, beat him. Anyone seriously saying that we are better off without him in our squad doesn't know a thing about football. I'd have him as our left winger over Kyel Reid every day of the week
    Well said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2011
    I agree with you if we're talking about the Racon that has played the last few games. If we're talking about the Racon that has played the last few seasons then I'm not as convinced.
    Our midfield has created nowhere near as much as it should have this season & has been overrun on far too many occasions.
    If Jackson is not at fault & Wagstaff has a lot of supporters then the problem must lie with Racon & Semedo or more likely, down to Racon, Semedo & Wagstaff between them.
    Potentially, I can see them all doing a Darren Ambrose ie leaving us and doing a lot better elsewhere, but they haven't been good enough this season, as we are 12th.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Wasn't at the game yesterday, good to hear Racon played well and was creative.

I've always said he's not a playmaker, he's not creative. Playing out wide probably gives him that bit more freedom. He's never going to be a real playmaker with a great range of passing, but when he does play well he shows that he can run with the ball, beat players and play a decent pass or cross.

Sounds like Parrett is improving and from what I've seen likes to get forward which probably helps players like Racon as well.
  • Options
    I cannot believe that Racon is regarded by some as a good or great player. My opinion of him is that he is very poor. Every game that I have watched this season, and those in which Racon has featured, he is such a liability. He cannot pass, he cannot dribble, he cannot tackle,and he doesn't offer any protection or organisation. I simply cannot believe that he is a professional footballer. The only positive I can say is that if he does play, he's better out wide where he is out of the way. When he does something wrong, he blames other players, he doesn't show any passion or determination, and quite frankly, If I was Kyel Reid I would be disillusioned, and would be out of CAFC as soon as possible. That being said, Semedo is just as bad, and I struggle to see what anyone see's in him.

On a more positive note, Bessone is a very good left back, and when Racon plays left side of midfield, he always tucks in and leaves space for Bessone to actually TRY something productive, although it doesn't always come off.
  • Options
    Yes but what do you make of Racon, reedy_7?
  • Options
    Rhetorical question or being serious?
  • Options
    Yeah you're right, lets put Reid back in the team hes really been a threat last few times hes played....
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: reedy_7[/cite]I cannot believe that Racon is regarded by some as a good or great player. My opinion of him is that he is very poor. Every game that I have watched this season, and those in which Racon has featured, he is such a liability. He cannot pass, he cannot dribble, he cannot tackle,and he doesn't offer any protection or organisation. I simply cannot believe that he is a professional footballer. The only positive I can say is that if he does play, he's better out wide where he is out of the way. When he does something wrong, he blames other players, he doesn't show any passion or determination, and quite frankly, If I was Kyel Reid I would be disillusioned, and would be out of CAFC as soon as possible. That being said, Semedo is just as bad, and I struggle to see what anyone see's in him.

On a more positive note, Bessone is a very good left back, and when Racon plays left side of midfield, he always tucks in and leaves space for Bessone to actually TRY something productive, although it doesn't always come off.

You must be the only Charlton fan who doesn't like Semedo. And to say Racon can't pass or dribble is just madness. That and the fact you think Reid should be playing makes me think you haven't actually seen Charlton at all recently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]He is only playing better to get a new deal.

He has spent years on decent wages, only putting-in average performances.

This. Not a coincidence that his best three performances have come in the last three games just as his contract is about to run out. He either likes it here and realises he needs to put in some performances to gain the new contract he wants or he is courting other suitors, my suspicion is the latter and it really wouldn't bother me at all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reedy_7[/cite]I cannot believe that Racon is regarded by some as a good or great player. My opinion of him is that he is very poor. Every game that I have watched this season, and those in which Racon has featured, he is such a liability. He cannot pass, he cannot dribble, he cannot tackle,and he doesn't offer any protection or organisation. I simply cannot believe that he is a professional footballer. The only positive I can say is that if he does play, he's better out wide where he is out of the way. When he does something wrong, he blames other players, he doesn't show any passion or determination, and quite frankly, If I was Kyel Reid I would be disillusioned, and would be out of CAFC as soon as possible. That being said, Semedo is just as bad, and I struggle to see what anyone see's in him.

You sound like a good judge of a player. Have you considered doing scouting on behalf of the club?
  • Options
    To say Reid should play ahead of Racon at the moment is plain silly Reid lost his place through lacklustre performances.

I believe Racon is playing better out left because of the freedom it gives him... It works for the most part too.