Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon Town Away ''Whos Going?''

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Large Addick.

People want to know how many going, to see what type of atmo we can create.

General enquiriy, simple.

and you need to know that in advance? Or does how many going affect whether you will go ot not ? Why not take it further. What if 1,000 were going but 800 were over 70 and unlikely to sing too much and create the necessary 'atmo' you require ? Perhaps next time you should ask how many of those sold were to concessions ? Find it all very unnecessary and a waste of someone's time when they have had such a drastic reduction in staff over the last two seasons.

It's all part of the excitment of an away day, how many numbers we will be bringing. You want to find out before hand so you can prepare for a shit following or a average/good following.

so how exactly does your preparation differ ?
  • Options
    Moving back to the thread title, anyone actually going today?

Phil there is def a free car park at the merlin pub, Swindon fan at work just told me
  • Options

and you need to know that in advance? Or does how many going affect whether you will go ot not ? Why not take it further. What if 1,000 were going but 800 were over 70 and unlikely to sing too much and create the necessary 'atmo' you require ? Perhaps next time you should ask how many of those sold were to concessions ? Find it all very unnecessary and a waste of someone's time when they have had such a drastic reduction in staff over the last two seasons.

It's all part of the excitment of an away day, how many numbers we will be bringing. You want to find out before handso you can prepare for a shit following or a average/good following.

Should i have a quiet one and drive, or shall i get the train with the larger following and get on the toxics.

A smaller away following normally means less "lads madness"..Thats for me anyway..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]From Greenwich Theatre:

For all Box Office enquiries, including information about online bookings and bookings made for other venues through Greenwich Theatre Ticketing, please e-mail boxoffice@greenwichtheatre.org.uk. We'll do our best to respond to your e-mail within a few working hours, but this may not be possible during very busy times.
    If you'd like to speak to someone, or your query is urgent, please call the Box Office on 020 8858 7755.

So if you rung up and asked them how many they have sold, would you expect an answer within 5 minutes?

I'll give 'em a call once i've finished work... sure theyll be more than happy to tell me
  • Options
    Yeah good one!
  • Options
    If you was getting the coach i cant see much madness happening.

It's all part of the excitment of an away day, how many numbers we will be bringing. You want to find out before handso you can prepare for a shit following or a average/good following.

Should i have a quiet one and drive, or shall i get the train with the larger following and get on the toxics.

A smaller away following normally means less "lads madness"..Thats for me anyway..

Well why did you not say to them look i wanna know how many people are going to see if if there will be some lads madness im sure that woudl of made them reply in 1 min max.
  • Options
    by the sounds of it alot of people are buying on the night, we will more then likely end up with about 350-400 up there, wich is more then enouth to make a reasonable atmosfear to get behind the boys
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Us & Swindon's last 3 games in the League combined have seen 31 goals. 6 games, 31 goals.

Nice one JT 0-0 written all over it then!, I reckon that's worth a tenner now you have pulled out those stats. I'll have to find a bookies on the way to the ground as I cant get on any gambling sites at work (good job really).

Here's another:

We haven't drawn 0-0 for 55 games.
  • Options
    Charlton fans "puts hand on forehead"...

Why do clubs make a big deal over selling all the allocated tickets. The Charlton os has had many a news article saying about how we will take strong numbers up there..Or we sell out..Why do they do that?
  • Options
    im a bit confused by reading all this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here's another:

We haven't drawn 0-0 for 55 games.[/quote]

Well that's made my mind up 0-0 it is. anyone know the best online odds for it, least I can phone it up rather then go bookies actually.
  • Options
    Leaving work now, in Gluepot by 5pm
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]Here's another:

We haven't drawn 0-0 for 55 games.

Well that's made my mind up 0-0 it is. anyone know the best online odds for it, least I can phone it up rather then go bookies actually.

You can get about 10/1 on it

EDIT: 11/1 at William Hill
  • Options
    apparently 'what colour drawers you got on?' does not come under general enquiries
  • Options
    I'm about to ring up for my Peterboro tickets.

Going to ask what the team will be. It's a general enquiry and I'm interested in the answer so I can't see why they can't just ring Parky and get him to tell them.
  • Options
    Bet she didn't take 8 minutes to answer it though.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    you mean he
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'm about to ring up for my Peterboro tickets.

Going to ask what the team will be. It's a general enquiry and I'm interested in the answer so I can't see why they can't just ring Parky and get him to tell them.

Can you ask them where's the cheapest pint and if there's a decent chippy around the ground as well? Cheers.
  • Options
    Lol!
  • Options
    Did anyone ring the club to find out how many gents toilets/traps Swindon have? You see i have a dodgy stomach, and if we have sold more than 400 tickets, im worried that i may have an accident at h/t. Ta ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'm about to ring up for my Peterboro tickets.

Can you ask them where's the cheapest pint and if there's a decent chippy around the ground as well? Cheers.

Ravi said 806 sold for Peterboro, he's got some Next boxers on and Palmerston Arms is best bet for real ale. He added that his body is a temple so he doesn't eat chips.

He said Parky was on the other line taking a booking for a wedding reception at the Valley but he'd get him to ring me back ASAP. I said I was from Charlton Life but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Disgraceful, call that customer service!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    I'm worried you might have an accident in the next few minutes.....