Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ray Parlour

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Just been released by Boro.

Is he someone worth a short term deal until the end of the season. Good bit of experience and still only 33.

Or shall I get my coat.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2007
    Not the worst idea I've ever heard, the thing is would he want to graft for the cause or just be looking for a last pay day?
  • Options
    His wife will be more interested to see where he goes......

and how much he's earning

'UNDISCLOSED FEE'
    That was his catchphrase.
  • Options
    would not play on the wing anymore and i don;t think he is any better than Holland etc in the middle of the park.

plus he has no match fitness
  • Options
    I always thought he was taking the mick out of the poor kid in Mask (Cher one rather than Jim Carey) with his hair and face, but he probably couldn't help it. He's crap though.

Coat.
  • Options
    charlie dimmock?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]would not play on the wing anymore and i don;t think he is any better than Holland etc in the middle of the park.

plus he has no match fitness

Not sure I'd agree with that but if we are going to stick with the formation we played at pompey, he would certainly be a better bet than Hughes.
  • Options
    Hughes was one of our best players at Pompey. Easy target though, I guess.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Hughes was one of our best players at Pompey. Easy target though, I guess.

Only saw the highlights so I'll have to take your word for it. I know he got the assist but that hardly redeems him from a season of being cack.
  • Options
    Agree he's had some stinkers, but so has everyone else in our central midfield. Holland seems to spend most of his time lurking outside of the action, Faye just goes haywire sometimes, Kish charges around leving huge spaces and often makes woeful passes. Reid's quality, but he seems to have his fat ass glued to the treatment table. Do you think he's any worse? Always struck me as a genuine lad who's a bit lacking, but that's as good as it gets in central mid for us, right now.
  • Options
    Its true... we know our midfield is generally rubbish... its only since Holland has stepped up abit that Im not quite as concerned as I was... we need a cretor... reid can do it but as you say hes sick note, as for the rest well at least there now trying.... IF we stay up and as we all know its a big if then we need to get someone creative and someone who hard as nails to protect the back four, but dont forget that theres gonna be money EVERYWHERE... I thin the other european leagues must be a bit concerned that theres gonna be twenty teams on the hunt for the best players in all leagues...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was he not called the Rivaldo of Romford at Woolwich Rejects ?
  • Options
    was at a bash last night where he was the after dinner speaker, very funny and had some great stories from his Arsenal days, much better than I was expecting.
  • Options

was at a bash last night where he was the after dinner speaker, very funny and had some great stories from his Arsenal days, much better than I was expecting.

Insurance is boring, ain't it?!
    :)

• Options
    very mate!...has the odd perk
  • Options
    Anyone hear Billy Whitehurst on talksport this morning. Some very funny tales , proper hard man was Billy.
  • Options
    Ray's best one last night about Keown was when he told him at the training ground that Wenger was signing a £14m centre half from B Munich, to the point where he had Gary Lewin in on it telling Keown he had to stay late and give him a medical. A van driver then turned up with a delivery and Parlour made him sit in the canteen and have a free meal while he told a now fuming Keown 'that's him over there'
  • Options
    lol yeah i heard him say that one at a sports dinner last year ... i was so pissed thats just jolted my memory
  • Options

very mate!...has the odd perk

Good pi$$up to be honest.
    I wish they wouldn't do them on Thursdays every year, mind!
  • Options
    I thought he'd retired ages ago!