Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bougherra

Not sure if this has been posted on here before but we really should have signed him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2uRMS9VUOU

Comments

• Options
    yeah its been knocked bout on here fair bit, and yes we really should have signed him and if wednesday's lawyers hadn;t screwed him over in the contract we would have!!! (they have to let him speak to any team offereing 1.3mil but don't have to except it) Looks like heading everton way now anyways, atleast its not west ham i guess
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Christ .... he really drives forward doesnt he... id be a bit uncomfortable if he was doing that all the time as the last line of defence in the prem... but as a holding midfielder I think he d be great..... have we even got three mill though?? plus wages.....

theres a bit of the young rio ferdiands about him as in the footballing centre back happy to take a man on even from Centre back.. yet young rio used to ake the odd mistake...
  • Options
    give em 2 mill plus Fortune and Lisbie!
  • Options
    thats not a bad idea....... but i think due to pressure from asda... they want cash...........
  • Options
    give em 3 mil then and flog the other two....
  • Options
    Just buy him is I think the message..........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]yeah its been knocked bout on here fair bit, and yes we really should have signed him and if wednesday's lawyers hadn;t screwed him over in the contract we would have!!! (they have to let him speak to any team offereing 1.3mil but don't have to except it) Looks like heading everton way now anyways, atleast its not west ham i guess

You've lost me, how have Wednesday's lawers screwed him over? Sounds more like they have screwed themselves by allowing a player to talk to another club before a fee has been agreed.
  • Options
    All a bit daft really

We speak to him because a clause in his contract allows it - no one to blame there except whoever wrote up the contract

The player isnt refusing to play

We haven't come back with a higher offer

So where's the problem then??
  • Options
    Hang on, 6 months ago Dario Gradi, who had him on loan there, was saying "he's a nice lad and he's probably ready for the Championship". He looks a decent player in a bunch of isolated clips of lower league football, but it's typical of the feeding frenzy you get with hyped up players. Premiership clubs scouting is generally crap so whenever someone gets half decent reports about them they all go nuts. Wish him all the best, looks like he has the right stuff about him, but he ain't Baresi.
  • Options
    perhaps he might be worth a punt for 1.3 mill and including a swap player, but perhaps not 3 mill cash up front.... Everton must see something though, and they are no mugs, right??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well they bought that fat bloke beattie for 8 mil.......

I think EVERY single player has had a third added to his cost due to the new money next year......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]yeah its been knocked bout on here fair bit, and yes we really should have signed him and if wednesday's lawyers hadn;t screwed him over in the contract we would have!!! (they have to let him speak to any team offereing 1.3mil but don't have to except it) Looks like heading everton way now anyways, atleast its not west ham i guess

You've lost me, how have Wednesday's lawers screwed him over? Sounds more like they have screwed themselves by allowing a player to talk to another club before a fee has been agreed.

cos any1 can talk to the player if they offer 1.3mill however he can't move as the club don't have to except that offer, they can except or refuse any offer they please, he can just talk to teams who offer that amount, he thought he was gettin a min buy out however he wasn't he got dicked on by Mr Allen
  • Options
    But the clubs lawyers have a duty to the club not the player, that's why players have agents.

If he thought that he was getting a minimum buy out clause but it turns out that he hasn't then it is something that he should be speaking to his adviser's about because it would seem to be them that have cocked up.
  • Options
    i hate the owls but i'm with them on this one. if we'd have had something like that with scotty you just never know how that season might have ended. there is too much player power when a lot ofthem aren't that good. i say give the power back to the clubs. it's the club we support not an individual player. (although a lass i work with said she has given up football since Villa sold Baros - something about thighs)
  • Options
    I've just watched the video again but there's just something about him that I'm not quiet sure about - he's a bit like El Kak on speed - and he's one hell of a risk taker. I love the way he comes running with the ball out of defence BUT he always has to take that extra man on - and if he lost possession doing that in the Premier, opponents would quickly exploit the hole he left in defence.

Plus points: he stays on his feet rarely diving in, plays shoulder to shoulder with opponents, strong on the ball and in the air, good first touch, plenty of pace, can read situations quickly, and plays with verve and enthusiasm - looks like he just loves to play.

Good prospect but for the Premier, playing centre back, he's not the finished article. But he'd make a cracking box to box midfielder.
  • Options
    agreed.... Id be nervous if he was cebtre back.... a defensive midfielder who was happy to push on ...
  • Options
    £2.5m defender fee agreed Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:18
    Charlton are on the verge of signing Madjid Bougherra after agreeing a £2.5million fee with Sheffield Wednesday.
    Alan Pardew has been chasing the Algerian international since the transfer window opened but it looked as though he may miss out on the player after having a £1.3million bid rejected by the Owls.
    However the Addicks boss has gone back in with a new improved offer of £2.5million and the Championship outfit now look set to cash in on the player.

Pardew will now open talks with Bougherra with a view to wrapping up a move before the transfer window closes.
  • Options
    I'd like to know how that £2.5m is structured before I pass judgement on the deal.

If there are plenty of "add ons" included then it isn't too bad. If they are guaranteed £2.5m no matter what, then I think it's a little bit too much.

(This is probably a moot point on my behalf, as some other team is bound to swoop in and nick him, anyway..)
  • Options
    West Ham have just offered £30Million for him & £80,000 a week..!
  • Options
    Where did you get that from Paul?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of them crappy things that that Valiant Desktop tool alerts you too. Is it Eat sleep football or something like that?
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    "Where did you get that from Paul?"

It's breaking news on SSN, and is also on the Sheff Weds website (although the site has since died on it's arse..)
  • Options
    On the BBC as well
  • Options
    breaking news.........are you sure SSN