Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dr Martens Boots

2»

Comments

• Options
    Great days for clothes, shoes and boots. Who remembers sitting in the bath getting your Levi's to shrink to your body shape?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Great days for clothes, shoes and boots. Who remembers sitting in the bath getting your Levi's to shrink to your body shape?

Oh yes done that ;-). Was in DM's most of my youth
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Had a pair of black ten hole for school, once I outgrew them moved on to dealer boots... dick eye chavvy...

lol dont forget your braces mush
  • Options
    Wore Vegetarian DMs (shoes rather than boots) almost exclusively for many years until they moved production overseas and stopped making them.
  • Options
    Dyed mine lime green to compliment my black PVC trousers in the Punk days. am sure I wasn't the only one who marvelled at them!

That sop was prob' silvermans, did lots of military stuff n'all
  • Options
    Had a pair brought from Carnaby Street.

Only problem was they didn't have the black leather around the top so they really rubbed and the purple colour came off after about six months.

Put me of buying another pair.
  • Options
    Always reminds me of Alexis sayle's Dr.Marten's boots song. You wear them on your feet!

Had a few, but then bought a pair of Dr Marten boots for my last 'smart' school shoe. Oh dear they looked bloomin awful, but once I pay for something I'll use it to death.

As for desert boots it has to be Clarkes. So bloody hard to get hold of when I wanted to be a mod in 94. Any others are just pale imitations, or even worse poncey over priced over designed desert boots!?!?!?!?! Clarkes desert boots..... the best darn desert boots you can fall over in anywhere in rainy Britain anytime.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]I used to have them and loved them but now I wear (and prefer) another classic boot: Monkey Boots (Grafters).

They are lighter and feel like slippers once the leather softens.

can you still buy them? i really liked monkey boots but haven't seen any around for years. the nearest i got was the male equivalent of " tank girl " boots, which i bought in kensington but that was at least 10 years ago.

i've also had numerous dr martens but to be honest, i don't find them at all comfortable but they are a classic.

You sure can and this place (Jeanwise) is an excellent online store for all things Mod/Skinhead and they post immediately.

My little girl's got some and absolutely loves them. She's started a trend wearing them to school and all her friends are wearing Monkey Boots now because they're so comfy!! They all think they're cool (bless)!!

[span style=color: #0000FF]http://www.jeanwise.co.uk/Cart/Catalogue/663/Footwear.aspx?PageIndex=4[/span]

thanks for the link red5.

i've just ordered my first pair of monkey boots in 40 years, omg am i trying to relive my yoof, will i be tempted to give someone a good k................... nargh not really%-{>
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]thanks for the link red5.

i've just ordered my first pair of monkey boots in 40 years, omg am i trying to relive my yoof, will i be tempted to give someone a good k................... nargh not really%-{>

Your'e welcome sir. Enjoy!
  • Options
    I have a pair of brown 3 holes, black 8 holes (with 4 different coloured laces) and a pair of 10 hole oxbloods.
    And I can say they are making a comeback. I go to uni at an art school (don't judge me, I'm just there to do sound design) and all the kids are wearing them. Though not properly mind, they aren't doing the laces up.