Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
I shouldnt laugh asa its embarrassing really but this from the bulletin:

"One Valley Away coach for the next away Premiership game against Bolton Wanderers on Wednesday has already been filled, and a decision will be taken tomorrow as to whether to run a second coach."...

god we are crap arent we.

Comments

• Options
    Most people drive to away games - he says hopefully!
  • Options
    Did you see the recent Boro vs Bolton hightlights, ground was half empty...
  • Options
    Anyone on here going then?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2007
    If it was the other way around i'm sure Bolton would bring similar numbers as we will be taking up there.

besides, i'm looking to go to all of the other away games (bar Man U) this season as they are grounds that i've never bothered going to (except Anfield).

Man C, Blackburn, Watford, Everton, Liverpool

thats it?
  • Options
    bolton would bring more because of london based bolton fans. of which, i know at least 2.

not an excuse, but its hard to justify the cost, holiday etc. sounds so lame, as i love evening away games.
  • Options
    Isn't it the fashionable club syndrome, also midweek long journey, up north location...
  • Options
    The fixture people are mugs, do they realy think people will travel to bolton on a wednesday night. People have jobs to go to.
  • Options
    you really think they give a toss?
  • Options
    not realy so why the big fuss when we take a coach load of people.
  • Options
    exactly my point...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not making a fuss, just thought it was a funny statement. I think they were kind to us over Xmas and New year after we kicked up a fuss after last xmas's debacle so we had it easy this year. Cant really complain about a wednesay at bolton but the midlands would ahve been better.
  • Options
    If no fans went to the bolton game, would there be a difference in the result?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Not making a fuss, just thought it was a funny statement. I think they were kind to us over Xmas and New year after we kicked up a fuss after last xmas's debacle so we had it easy this year. Cant really complain about a wednesay at bolton but the midlands would ahve been better.

Watford would have been ideal and move the Bolton to a Saturday. Can we do a swapsies?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Not making a fuss, just thought it was a funny statement. I think they were kind to us over Xmas and New year after we kicked up a fuss after last xmas's debacle so we had it easy this year. Cant really complain about a wednesay at bolton but the midlands would ahve been better.

kind over xmas? boro away on 23rd dec?

i remember we went en mass to villa away on a wednesday evening, quite a few of us, i drove and it was freezing. midlands definately more doable. would be brilliant if they took things into consideration, but it'll never happen.
  • Options
    and the game will probably be on moody TV in pubs across south east London and north Kent
  • Options
    I hope so(moody tv, streaming etc) as Im still a bit brasic.....
  • Options
    well yes apart from Boro away we had two home games on the 27th and 30th and arsenal on the 2nd.

last year we had newcastle away on the 28th or something like that which was snowed off and Everton away on the 2nd. two ridiculous fixtures and as the club pointed out we did the most mileage by far out of any club.
  • Options
    its funny, i remember regularly going to places like Huddersfield and Burnley and us always taking 400-500 on a cold Winter's night.

Just shows the two main points now:

1. the demographic of a more recent football fan has changed
    2. the cost has tipped longer-standing people over and got them out the routine of being a regular traveller
  • Options
    In those days, Smudge, it was only a fiver to get in, petrol £1.50 a gallon, and 4 of you shared.
    And that was long before we'd actually married our bird, bought a house and £100 trainers for the kids.
  • Options
    There really sould be something in the fixture programmer to stop these silly long distances midweek.

Villa is about as far as I would go midweek nowadays. Why couldnt they have swapped Bolton for Pompey?

Bolton is my least favourite away game, long distance, nothing there other than a Tescos, souless stadium, and we usually get spanked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too soon for Bolton perhaps but I think the club should be supplying free or cut price travel to the likes of Everton and Blackburn when we're looking for another away win to climb out of the bottom three. I'm sure people can shell out for ticket and extras if the travel is covered.
  • Options
    The Lass & I will be there, but then it's easy for us NW supporters - can quite understand those who can't as we wouldn't be able to get to the Valley for a mid week 8pm kick off.