Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coppers

Anyone watch it, the other night?
Filmed in Gillingham Police station, (five bar hotel) very funny.
Bloke hiding a lighter and some blow in his chatman pocket.
If you get the chance watch it on 4onD.

Comments

• Options
    is this the programme with the white bloke in the pink polo saying ''chatham massif braaaaap''?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]is this the programme with the white bloke in the pink polo saying ''chatham massif braaaaap''?

That was the bloke who denied nicking his mates pink polo shirt, while standing in Gillingham nick, on national telly, wearing a pink polo shirt!!!
  • Options
    Thought it was pretty good, although have to confess I quite like all the shows like this, Road Wars etc etc.

The guy with the mobiles up is 'arris was just plain wrong though.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The programme next week is from Selhurst nick, after one of the 'Ultras' had his mobile removed from his 'arris'
  • Options
    All wore nice trainers. . . .
  • Options
    Quite enjoyed the program but I dont know whether to feel sorry for these people or just wish they went away, somewhere far away.
  • Options
    Watching it now. Not sure what to think, the Carly girl is a sad story. Feel for the Granddad who has Parkinsons disease and needed money for medicine.

Do enjoy programs like these aswell, especially The Secret Policeman and the Dispatches series about Police Officers.
  • Options
    For the uninitiated, I have resided in Medway for 12 years now and can catagorically state that that program is the most accurate depiction of "life" in Chatham to hit our screens ever. I believe that the Kent County Tourist Board sponsored the series.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I believed Chatham was beautiful. To be fair someone was saying to me who watched it that it's obviously a lot at Gillingham police station, and many of the guys come from Strood.

I've lived in Medway a lot of my life, and if people thinks it's different or worse than elsewhere then Mein Gott. Bradford was hellish for deprevation, had a wicked time there but used to do Police lineups and the term I can only use for the locals who did it were just Scum Scallies. Manchester, never knew so many mates/acquaintances be victims of violent crimes there. And when I say violent, I mean seriously violent beatings and stabbings. Where do you go in the SE where an off licence is basically a cage seperating you from the shopkeeper and boose? Loved Melbourne but living in St Kilda with pros literally having Psychotic epsiodes in front of you, pros changing on your doorstep, and OD's under your balcony once a month.... Medway is fucking tame, only one OD on the highstreet in my two years there.

Worked on Rochester high street for two years about eight years ago and know many of these guys and many pros.... not conjugally; though the pros stopped coming in so much when Kit Kat's stopped being wrapped in tin foil! Some were real nice people, some weren't. Some were supported by a few shop keepers with food during the day, because they were ultimately decent with massive problems. Whatever when it came to it they'd all screw you over, as any of us probably would if we were lost in heroin/crack addiction. But equally one heroin addict/beggar we stopped on a couple of times being beaten up, and he would tell us what was going on sometimes which helped us avoid seriously fucked up problems. He and his brother, had fucked up youths with awful parents, sexual abuse the lot. Basically not much chance. Sure we all have choices, and his brother cleaned himself up when he had kids and came off heroin. At least he made a start of parenting better than many 'normal' people.

Still having said that it was quite amusing watching a few of them run rings around the police. Medway police were seriously thick. Eventually they cracked a 'heroin' ring and a lot went inside. Funny how all of them were virtully homeless, and no real large amounts of cash were grabbed. Someone had a nice fat house on it. Why do American and Australian multi-millionaire drug barons eventually go down, and are constantly talked about in these countries even when they don't, but we rarely do in this country? Be like Terry Clarke, Robert Trimbole and Frank Matthews come to Europe for a vacation.