Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jiffy Bag Disappointments: What were yours?

Jiffy Bags - they're there to help, no bones about it, a handy and useful accoutrement.

But this week I had a disappointment on the Jiffy Bag front. I ordered three hundred plain white bubble Jiffy bags from a Jiffy Bag Dispensing Company. To my delight they were with me 'in a jiffy'. (That's just an in-joke amongst us jiffy bag users; like if you use an Apple Mac, you can say things like 'Plenty more bytes of the Apple' or something)

But the delight on my face left me - like my third ex wife - when I noticed they were all only three inches long. I had misread the code - size 000, not 0. I now have three hundred useless jiffys lying about the place. What CAN I do?

If you have had any similar disappointments on the Jiffy Bag front; have any suggestions or any Jiffy Bag joked, please let me know.

Comments

• Options
    Did the 300 small Jiffy bags arrive in one larger one?

If so, you could at least use that.

You see, Life's not all bad.
  • Options
    Wasn't "Jiffy" a brand of condom?

I seem to remember some sort of "come in a Jiffy" advertising slogan.
  • Options
    Jonathon Davies the ex welsh rugby international was nicknamed "Jiffy".At the time France had a player called Condom.A banner at a game between the two countries read: Our Jiffy is better than your Condom.
  • Options
    They sound like they'd be just about the right size for badges. Say, Charlton Life badges.
  • Options
    Stick em on ebay in small batches. They'd probably be ideal for people selling jewellery or small craft stuff.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    why can't you just send them back or is that too obvious?
  • Options
    Let me guess MOG, was that photo taken in Canterbury by any chance?
  • Options
    My hallway actually.............
    ;-)