Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Stand/Covered End

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
If they renamed it, what would they call it? and would you be happy with a Sponsor's name on it

Comments

• Options
    Don't like the fact it's know as the North Stand.

Covered End is the name, end of
  • Options
    Curbishley Covered End would be acceptable.

I would hate a sponsors name for any Stand. The ground (especially in our case) is the heart of the Club and stands should be named after Club legends in my opinion.
  • Options
    Good shout Len!

(before or after he leaves West Ham?)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Don't like the fact it's know as the North Stand.

Covered End is the name, end of

Sham its officialy known as the North Stand
  • Options
    Curbishley Cover End!

Absolutely no chance.

The Franny Jeffers Stand morelike.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Curbishley Covered End would be acceptable.

I would hate a sponsors name for any Stand. The ground (especially in our case) is the heart of the Club and stands should be named after Club legends in my opinion.

Not while he is still a manager at another club we are competing with. That makes things a bit uncomfortbale for me
  • Options
    It took Jimmy Seed about 50 years after he left us before he got his name on the stadium so I think its gonna be awhile before with pay curbs his dues.......
  • Options
    We could call the Covered End toilet the Dowie Dunny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Curbishley Covered End would be acceptable.

Not while he is still a manager at another club we are competing with. That makes things a bit uncomfortbale for me

Wait until curbs is dead!
  • Options
    He really was rubbish wasnt he!!!!!! almost killed us.... doesnt it feel different since pards turned up........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah we could name all the Toilets. Traore, Jimmy, Diawara, Jeffers, Bent
  • Options
    its true we now have massive choice on naming the toilets around the whole stadium!
  • Options
    Shittu?
  • Options
    Speak to Henry, Put a stop on the Flags, This is much more fun
  • Options
    Bhageri......
  • Options
    The Runs? After Romm
  • Options
    am l correct in saying that when we returned home, the club stated that for safety reason`s the stands had to be named south, east, north & west , but when a few years later, the away end was rightly named THE JIMMY SEED STAND. the club continued to call THE COVERED END, the north stand it`s THE COVERED END, personally l would like to see their rightful titles spealt out in the seats, yes we know that all sides are now covered, but the scousers still have the kop, the manc`s still have the stretford end, why do we roll over, maybe things are going to be different as someone has quoted Richard Murray, no more nice club, because things recently have not been anything like what is normally associated with Charlton.
  • Options
    Operation Covered End?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Operation Covered End?

good call. Henry????
  • Options
    What about Calling it the 'Dude stand' as all true Dudes Sit/Stand in the North stand..!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it should be called 'the manger' in honour of our defence because christ knows what they've been up to so far this season...
  • Options
    What Made "the Kop" the kop at scouse house?, other clubs have the kop end!
  • Options
    yep, bristol city had a kop end
  • Options
    and sheff utd
  • Options
    I'll see what we can do when some of the banners change for next season
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    its to do with and sometimes called spion kop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spion_Kop

front ranks, fire...
  • Options
    hilsborough's got the Kop end aswel

or doesn't it mean hill?? or bank (as in grassy bank)
  • Options
    ok i'm wrong
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]hilsborough's got the Kop end aswel

the East Stand could be then? Does it have to be behind a goal?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]hilsborough's got the Kop end aswel

the East Stand could be then? Does it have to be behind a goal?

East Stand could be sponsored by a Travel Rug manufacturer...... the Covered End should be called the Covered End, otherwise VFR would be out of date....