Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Peter Ridsdale diversion

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Anyone watching the re-runs of Colditz will be familiar with the prisoners' use of diversions to distract the attention of the guards while they try to pull a fast one.

I do believe we have exactly such an exercise in this morning's News of the World.

Be advised - it's a red herring.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for that insight Airman. Feel slightly more encouraged now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Anyone watching the re-runs of Colditz will be familiar with the prisoners' use of diversions to distract the attention of the guards while they try to pull a fast one.

I do believe we have exactly such an exercise in this morning's News of the World.

Be advised - it's a red herring.

interesting ... very interesting
  • Options
    The workings of high finance are really very complicated and intriguing to a complete dit head like me.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thanks Airman, that's good to know. Especially after seeing what those Cardiff fans were saying.

Just so no one misses them in the big takeover threads, latest on Twitter-

@markjeffs
    @danroan it is true that there's more than one bidder for Charlton? One of which is Peter Risdale?

@danroan
    @markjeffs Yes. No.

@bbc_matt
    #cafc fans, there's more 2 takeover saga than NOTW reports. 2, maybe 3 bids, board split, interesting cast. Will tell all asap
  • Options
    Maybe the Risdale interest is being shown, so that us poor suckers will feel less bad about an unpalatable take over from some other parties. Oh we don't like the sound of ???? much but at least it is not a credit buyout by Risdale kind of thing. Likewise Maybe we will see some interest from the Michael Jackson foundation or Simon Jordan on the same level.

( Risdale, paid £1,075 quid for Hudson which says it all about him).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vff[/cite]Maybe the Risdale interest is being shown, so that us poor suckers will feel less bad about an unpalatable take over from some other parties. Oh we don't like the sound of ???? much but at least it is not a credit buyout by Risdale kind of thing. Likewise Maybe we will see some interest from the Michael Jackson foundation or Simon Jordan on the same level.

( Risdale, paid £1,075 quid for Hudson which says it all about him).

Crikey- at that price I wish I'd bought him to be
    my personal man servant.
    I could just about afford that.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Posted by La Roan he (Ridsdale) has said he is 100% not involved in a bid for Charlton. If true.......phew!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]and intriguing to a complete dit head like me.

You spelt 'dit head' wrong, Shooters ...... (only kidding!)
  • Options
    Well done Airman for nipping this in the bud
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]and intriguing to a complete dit head like me.

You spelt 'dit head' wrong, Shooters ...... (only kidding!)

Yeah you're right actually.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But who is the herring flogger?

Has it scaled its way out of the boardroom, or is Risdale now a fishmonger?
    How can we have a split boardroom if RM is the chief honcho?

Are the NOTW bugging Roan's twitter feed, but not his phone so they are joining the dots in their usual accurate journalistic way?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]
    Has it scaled its way out of the boardroom, or is Risdale now a fishmonger?

Seems he might want to buy some Haddock.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]CAFC latest: Peter Ridsdale has just called to stress he is "100% NOT involved in any bid for Charlton". Don't believe all u read.[/quote]

Er if we follow that advice, we shouldnt believe that advice.
  • Options
    I refer the honorable gentleman to Airman Brown's opening remarks in this thread.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    does the board enjoy winding us up as much as the media seem to? Going on the debacles of the last 2 or 3 years,i'd say yes.would never have happened in curbs day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]I refer the honorable gentleman to Airman Brown's opening remarks in this thread.

But Dan told me not to believe what I read!

If only there was a time frame for how long we should suspend belief of takeover talk.
    Then we might have a clue as to when the believable rumours will kick in.
  • Options
    Starting to get nervous about everything...

If we could just slip riquelme in front of Semedo with Jackson on the left I feckon we could get up...
  • Options
    What has the News of the World printed?
  • Options
    What on earth is this thread about? Herrings?

Can someone spell it out for those of us that have just got up please?

Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But a diversion from what?

What cunning plan are the chaps cooking up and has the escape officer approved it.
  • Options
    NOTW printed Ridsdale looking to buy Charlton for 11 million but 8 of that on finance. Board split as Murray prefers pursuing another potential buyer. Airman Brown helpfully posted this was a red herring. Dan Roan since said Ridsdale has 100% denied involvement. That it as I see it I think.
  • Options
    Ah, I see it on one of the other threads... Offy see Henry's thread.
  • Options
    Apparently someone is digging a tunnel out of the Valley and someone else is diverting the Guards with some fish.
  • Options
    aparently on some obscure ipod stream a team of payers with sly stallone as goalie have just had a bunch of frecnh dig through the bath to escape the nazis....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite][quote][url=http://twitter.com/danroan/statuses/1235378132492288]CAFC latest: Peter Ridsdale has just called to stress he is "100% NOT involved in any bid for Charlton". Don't believe all u read.[/url][/quote][/quote]
    Thank god for that!

Would not want Peter Ridsdale anywhere near us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]Would not want Peter Ridsdale anywhere near us
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/9164666.stm
    Confirmed on BBC now with quotes from Ridsdale himself, he's not interested.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]Would not want Peter Ridsdale anywhere near us
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/9164666.stm
    Confirmed on BBC now with quotes from Ridsdale himself, he's not interested.

coincidently on the bbc website, I wonder who wrote that. Why couldn't he have written an article on the first 'story' instead of making one tweet about us being close to takeover!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: vff[/cite]Maybe the Risdale interest is being shown, so that us poor suckers will feel less bad about an unpalatable take over from some other parties. Oh we don't like the sound of ???? much but at least it is not a credit buyout by Risdale kind of thing. Likewise Maybe we will see some interest from the Michael Jackson foundation or Simon Jordan on the same level.

( Risdale, paid £1,075 quid for Hudson which says it all about him).[/quote]

Crikey- at that price I wish I'd bought him to be
    my personal man servant.
    I could just about afford that.[/quote]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ongoing wages for Hudson may be a bit high though, Marco.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    [url=http://twitter.com/danroan/statuses/1235378132492288]CAFC latest: Peter Ridsdale has just called to stress he is "100% NOT involved in any bid for Charlton". Don't believe all u read.[/url]
    Thank god for that!

Would not want Peter Ridsdale anywhere near us

Oh I dont know, SE25 is quite close ; )