Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Stand shut for replay

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
From the OS:
"The north stand, including Crossbars and quadrants, will be closed for this match. No season-ticket seats will be reserved and the upper west will not be sold at this stage."

Not expecting a bumper crowd, then ....?

Comments

• Options
    No Upper West?

Where will I get my prawn sarnie then?
  • Options
    Oh no, all you cupboard end riff raff in the east

: - )
  • Options
    It will be weird for the team kicking into an empty Covered End.

I know the feeling.
    A bit like when I made my debut for Charlton Unathletic at The Valley a couple of years ago ....(!)
  • Options
    Do you reckon we will sell enough tickets to open the upper west? Never sat there before and would like to.
  • Options
    I never understand closing the stand where the noise comes from...??
  • Options
    Anyone know where the singers will sit then? West like in the jpt? Or east?
  • Options
    anyone else really wanted to go in the jimmy seed?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Hig[/cite]Do you reckon we will sell enough tickets to open the upper west? Never sat there before and would like to.

You could sneak in. Nobody would see you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I never understand closing the stand where the noise comes from...??

Most of the noise in the ground comes from the Technical Area .......when 'Tiger' Parky is savaging referees.

;o)
  • Options
    i hate charlton for doing this -_-
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]i hate charlton for doing this -_-

You hate Charlton for closing a stand that would probably have 1000 people in it, thus costing more to open than we'd get in in ticket sales. Crowd will be around 5k and no doubt we'll loose money. Game we don't need. Club need to do everything to keep their costs down.
  • Options
    I think that was meant to be a 'smiley' of sorts on Jimbo's post, Clem.
  • Options
    i mean why cant the club just leave the north open and close the west and the east?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]i mean why cant the club just leave the north open and close the west and the east?

Why, because that would suit you?
  • Options
    Shutting the east and the west upper would seem more logical IMO

wonder if Barnet will agree to reduced prices

£5 adults and kid for a quid would get a few bums on seats at least
  • Options
    @Off_It
    well that is where the vocal support of the ground is isn't not? closing the north stand would split up supporters that do create some noise and scatters them around 2 different stands
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]i mean why cant the club just leave the north open and close the west and the east?

Where would Richard Murray and other people of importance sit ? Upper North ? Ha ha.

You couldn't close Lower West and have the director's box area open ?

So Lower West has to stay open.
  • Options
    leave the east closed, have the lower west and maybe just upper north open?
  • Options
    And we can't close the east because that's where the gantry for tv cameras is ;-)
  • Options
    play it behind closed doors = no running costs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus, does it really matter?

Certainly no reason to "hate" the club you (supposedly) support.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]And we can't close the east because that's where the gantry for tv cameras is ;-)

Yes but the east was closed to supporters for the paint game against dagenham and I'm sure I've seen highlights of that game (correct me if wrong)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addick Hig[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]And we can't close the east because that's where the gantry for tv cameras is ;-)[/quote]

Yes but the east was closed to supporters for the paint game against dagenham and I'm sure I've seen highlights of that game (correct me if wrong)[/quote]
    yeah it was, only the west lower was open
  • Options
    Keep the covered end lower open, then shut either east or west, probably East as West generates more dosh.
    Difficult decision:-] Who makes these decisions?
  • Options
    LOL this thread is funny. So what if the north is shut! Lets just all make noise in the west?
  • Options
    It's a shame the first game was not at the Valley as I suspect we would have got 3 or 4 times the gate.

Barnet would have been happy for gate receipts . I reckon we may get 8k for this
  • Options
    Closing The East was the begining of the trouble back in 1985.
    Now we have to close parts of the ground down to save money,we have fallen along way since then,how about playing the game at Upton Park uncle would be happy.
  • Options
    At barnet gave the prices out as 12 quid and a fiver concessions so should guarantee a crowd of 5k.
  • Options
    Well, the game is evidently not going to be a sell out, so you can't really blame the club for cutting losses.

So who is actually going.....?
  • Options
    I might pay a visit to the Jimmy Seed stand I could have a row to myself instead of being crammed in the west lower like we were against Daggers in the JPT!!!