Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corby Town or Luton at home

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Surely we should win against Barnet then try and get a win against ethier of these two teams.

Would be good if we got to the third round.

Comments

• Options
    Uh-uh ....... banana skin alert.
  • Options
    Would love to win them both and a nice away day to a Premiership ground. Preferably Chelsea, Arsenal or City. :-)
  • Options
    afc wimbledon could face mk dons
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]Surely we should win against Barnet then try and get a win against ethier of these two teams.

Would be good if we got to the third round.

You reckon?

Hadn't thought of that myself. Interesting points.
  • Options
    Home draw against Luton Town vs Corby Town if we manage to overcome Barnet is OK and maybe get a good home time in 3rd round if we win the second round. If we can get live tv coverage it would bring in some extra dosh. (lots of ifs there)

Ties to be played on 27 and 28 November 2010

Ebbsfleet or AFC Wimbledon vs MK Dons or Stevenage could bring an AFC WImbledon vs MK Dons match which should be entertaining and live on TV.
  • Options
    for the Barnet replay, do you reckon we will sell enough to open the west upper? I fancy sitting there for the game, however is it unlikely we would sell enough to open it?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Uh-uh ....... banana skin alert.[/quote]

I know.....

Realistically we should get to the third round, obviously we don't want to see ourselves feel totally embarrassed after our last year FA Cup performance.
  • Options
    Not too comfortable with Luton. We've always struggled against them.
  • Options
    Nice derby day 3rd round maybe? i'd like a good derby day considering there's no games that will really get the home support rocking this year or above 17,000 supporters. a nice wall or palace away derby day would properly be asking for too much
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]a nice wall or palace away derby day would properly be asking for too much

We don't want to be drawn away to Millwall.

No one would turn up. Not even the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luton will bring proper away support FACT
  • Options
    Luton will bring proper away support FACT
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]a nice wall or palace away derby day would properly be asking for too much[/quote]

No one would turn up. Not even the team.[/quote]
    how can you say that, Millwall has always been out bogey team you have to learn to deal with it and get on with it, i would love to go to the den other then being a neutral again. i can understand the disappointed they caused last season but cmon.
  • Options
    luton will have six maybe more thousand if they get through
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]luton will have six maybe more thousand if they get through[/quote]

That's extremely optimistic. Knowing quite a few local Luton fans as i do i suspect they will just about sell out the south stand but no more.
  • Options
    I think we will walk over Barnet at the valley, but luton will be a lil tough, but im sure we will be in the hat for the 3rd round draw.
  • Options
    why are we ruling out that it might be Barnet vs Corby Town?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]luton will have six maybe more thousand if they get through

That's extremely optimistic. Knowing quite a few local Luton fans as i do i suspect they will just about sell out the south stand but no more.

I think we will have to offer them 10% of capacity, remember a few years ago this was enforced against us, but whenever we went to Premier biggies it was never enforced in our favour.
  • Options
    It's more like 20%. Man U had to give us about 10,000 tickets back in the Schmeichal game. They had a lesser capacity then.
  • Options
    It's 10% for league games, 15% for FA Cup games. We had that enforced a few years ago against Yeovil in the FA Cup when we were big boys and gave them the end of the east stand. Now we are alongside them!

Don't remember an occasion when we weren't given our allowed allocation when we couldve used it? When was that?

I think United only held 40,000 when we played them then so we had well over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was 25 pe cent of seats when we played at Old Trafford in the FA Cup.
  • Options
    algarveaddick will love this one if it is Luton
  • Options
    If we make it to the second round, this will be our ninth game in 29 days!
  • Options
    Also it will mean we play 4 home games in a row!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]a nice wall or palace away derby day would properly be asking for too much

how can you say that, Millwall has always been out bogey team you have to learn to deal with it and get on with it, i would love to go to the den other then being a neutral again. i can understand the disappointed they caused last season but cmon.

No need to take me so seriously.

I was just playing on the fact that the team didn't turn up at Millwall away last season.
    Everybody knows that.
  • Options

You obviously didn't go to Millsmall last season jimbo and have the knuckle draggers taking the piss.
  • Options
    Luton took around 3k fans to Southampton in the FA Cup last year, and we're nearer so i don't see why they wouldn't bring even more to us.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]

how can you say that, Millwall has always been out bogey team you have to learn to deal with it and get on with it, i would love to go to the den other then being a neutral again. i can understand the disappointed they caused last season but cmon.You obviously didn't go to Millsmall last season jimbo and have the knuckle draggers taking the piss.

Sod the knuckle draggers what about being kept in after the game to allow them to drag themselves home. Then there was the fact as the final whistle went they paraded police horses in fron of us to keep the natives away.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Can we stop bringing the millwall game up just bad thinking about it