Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stats for Barnet 0-0 Charlton, 1st Round FA Cup

Barnet 0-0 Charlton

Elliot 7.21
Francis 6.26
Fry 6.68
Dailly 7.0
Doherty 6.56
Wagstaff 6.06
Semedo 6.94
Racon 7.09
Jackson 6.35
Anyinsah 6.88
Benson 6.22

Abbott 5.29
Reid 6.09

MoM Robbie Elliot

(Sorry but no cumulative stats as I haven't quite got everything ready from the spreadsheets!)

How 1st Division teams got on:
Beat 1st Div teams: 2
Beat lower Div & NL teams: 5
Drew with Div 1 team: 1
Drew with lower Div or NL teams: 8 of these 5 games resulted in 0-0
Lost to Div 1 team: 2
Lost to lowerDiv teams: 5

The last time Charlton were in the hat for the second round draw was in the 1980/81 season when having beaten Harlow Town away 0-2 in the 1st round went on a cup run
2nd Round: Charlton 2-1 AFC Bournemouth
3rd Round: Plymouth 1-2 Charlton
4th Round: Fulham 1-2 Charlton
5th Round: Ipswich 2-0 Charlton, at the time Ipswich were 1st Division leaders.

Comments

• Options
    gentle smattering of applause for LL first stat attack
  • Options
    good input glad to see racon had a good game and the "woeful" elliott
  • Options
    5th Round: Ipswich 2-0 Charlton, at the time Ipswich were 1st Division leaders.

Thanks LL...

I thought that the Ipswich match finished 2-1?

I seem to recall we played them twice in a few years in the Cup, a third round tie might have been the other match, did that finish 3-2???

Am I right..or wrong? Where's Colin Cameron....
  • Options
    BFR - it was 2-0 in 80-81 but we played them again in the 3rd round FA cup in 82/83 loosing at the Valley 2-3, we went 2 up through Robinson and Hales, they drew level and then had a penalty awarded in the 90th minute due to a foul by Les Berry - details from CC's reference book "Home & Away with Charlton Athletic 1920-2004"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]BFR - it was 2-0 in 80-81 but we played them again in the 3rd round FA cup in 82/83 loosing at the Valley 2-3, we went 2 up through Robinson and Hales, they drew level and then had a penalty awarded in the 90th minute due to a foul by Les Berry - details from CC's reference book "Home & Away with Charlton Athletic 1920-2004"

Shouldn't have been a penalty. Eric Gates dived into the area from way outside and the ref gave it!

Les Berry had done really well to get back and make the tackle. At worst it should have been a free kick outside the box.