Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Changing Football?

2»

Comments

• Some people are taking this less seriously than others...
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Blindfold goalkeepers for penalties

Players on receiving a yellow card should have to wear a yellow armband

A 'track' should be installed from goalpost to goalpost and a 6ft robot goalkeeper should be remote controlled by the manager.

Blindfold the manager for penalties?

I'm not a big fan of any of these options, but Muttley's suggestion for offside seems a good one (although incredibly murky in its application)

I have always thought that football should be gradually taking matters of fact out of the hands of the officials, so that they only have to focus on using their judgement/opinion. Goal-line technology is a first step, and it could be extended to all exterior lines of the pitch (no controversy over whether it's a throw-in or not etc). A stopped clock for goal kicks and free kicks (but not throw-ins) based on the referee's whistle is a further step. I think the potential is there to regulate offside using technology, but I don't think it's ready to roll out yet.

Backchat could be punished in extreme ways by allowing the opposition team have a free kick wherever they like.

For the last year or so, I've believed that there should be a punishment system for players who cheat in games (diving, usually, but Henry's handball was the reason why I thought of this). I'd allow referees to change their mind if presented with evidence from players. Then, in the same way as the FA currently ban players for dangerous play that the referee has missed, their powers could be extended to ban and fine players for cheating the referee. If the punishments are properly chosen (and severe, so that players have the incentive not to cheat), it could encourage players to stop diving altogether, and where they have won penalties from a dive, make the referee change his mind. Instead of running off celebrating the goal, Henry could've been running to the referee demanding a yellow card.

I know these changes don't extend down into the lower reaches of football, but then I've never found that a convincing reason not to change the implementation of the rules at the top of football. After all, the pitches are better and the referees are better in the Premier League than League 1, and again better in League 1 than the Conference etc.
  • matches are 5 minutes long, that way you can do a season in one day. just like on my pc.
  • I'd like to see competent referees introduced into the game
  • [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Making the goals bigger has got to be the most stupid idea I've ever heard.

...since Simon Cowell said "I have an idea for a TV show..."
  • My wife hates penalty shoot outs.
    Her suggestion is to replace them with rules that remove a player from each team every 5 minutes until a deciding goal is scored.

I love this idea
  • Added time multi-ball
  • A penalty shoot out occurs at the end of every match. All 11 players have to take a pen. Any goals scored during the 90 minutes will give you a head start into the penalties.

Its the future
  • I remember when i played at u11 level there was a thing called the handicap cup, where the scoreline you had beaten an opponent in the League was halved and in their favour if you had won.

For (an extreme but true)example; We beat Athletico 22 (Twenty two)-0 in the League, so at the end of the season in the handicap cup they started the tie with an 11-0 head start. If it had been 6-0 they would have started 3 up etc.

We got it back to 11-11 and won on pens. Absolutley ridiculous.
  • 5 or 7 a side on small pitches for kids up to 13. 3 touches and below head height too to encourage development of the technical side of the game that we seem to lack behind some of the world class nations.

Screaming parents banned from touchlines unless shouting anything other than encouragement. Emphasis on healthy diets and fitness but not running laps of the park 100 times at the detriment of technical coaching.

Football games banned for kids on computers. If you want to emulate your heroes get up the park and have a kick about with your mates. Much more rewarding and you wont end up weighing in stone more than your age by the time you hit secondary school.

Regarding the adult game. Fine the way it is. Perhaps goaline technology and topless lineswomen to liven up 0-0 February bore draws.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would like each half to end only when the ball has gone out of play, it would stop play halting when the ballwa in the penalty area
  • You are only considered to be in possession of the ball if you have touched it, or one of your teamates was the last person to touch it - that way defenders would no longer be able to 'sheppard' a ball out of play for a goal kick by effectively obstructing an opposition forward. That would force defenders to deal with a lot more channel balls either by conceding corners or throw ins and would allow forwards a better chance of knicking possession in advanced areas. I reckon you'd see quite a lot more chances created as a result.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]I would like each half to end only when the ball has gone out of play, it would stop play halting when the ballwa in the penalty area

That's a great idea
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]You are only considered to be in possession of the ball if you have touched it, or one of your teamates was the last person to touch it - that way defenders would no longer be able to 'sheppard' a ball out of play for a goal kick by effectively obstructing an opposition forward. That would force defenders to deal with a lot more channel balls either by conceding corners or throw ins and would allow forwards a better chance of knicking possession in advanced areas. I reckon you'd see quite a lot more chances created as a result.

Bloody good suggestion.........always found it a fine line between shielding and obstruction.