Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players out on loan

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Now we have a few players out on loan, thought it would be worth having a thread.

Carl Jenkinson has joined Eastbourne Borough on loan until early February. Good to see us sending a player out on a longer loan, a chance of a proper run. He played around 10 games at Welling in the BS South last season so the BS Prem is another step up.

Mambo was with Eastbourne but eventually was dropped to the bench so they didn't extend his loan.

Alex Stavrinou is also playing in the BSP, he's with Cambridge Utd.

Tamer Tuna and Ben Davisson are both with Thurrock in the BSS for a month.

Perkins was with Cray in the Isthmian Premier earlier this season, there was talk from their manager last week that he was going back there. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

Comments

• Options
    Jenkinson came on in the first half and it seems he had a good game, 0-0 draw so helped them keep a clean sheet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/eastbourne_borough/9175738.stm

"We had to bring Carl on probably earlier than he wanted or we wanted," the Eastbourne boss said.

"We were just wanting him to have a look at it as it was his first night with us. But he just went on there and I thought he was superb, he's fit, he's sharp, and fitted in great."

Stavrinou nearly got a winning goal, hit the bar for Cambridge in their 1-1 draw.
  • Options
    Anyone remember when we used to loan players to quite good teams?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]Anyone remember when we used to loan players to quite good teams?

LOL just what I thought... we had a player on loan to little old Spurs once... he now starts for the 5 times European Cup winners!
  • Options
    Not for long. By bye Paulie Konch By Bye Bye.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Not for long. By bye Paulie Konch By Bye Bye.....

???
  • Options
    Pleased to see our young players get out on loan, there is no substitute for real competitive football and this may be the best chance some players have to make a real impression before their contracts end.

Good to see Jenkinson doing well, basing this on the limited time I have seen him play in friendlies and the fact he has been captain of the Finlan youth teams- he seems to be a player who has the potential to play league football. His versatility aswell is always a bonus.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Not for long. By bye Paulie Konch By Bye Bye.....

???

Don't think he has set the world alight in merseyside, partly because he has not come from a big european club I think. Obviously they thought he was an eastern european international when they irst saw his name
  • Options
    http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2220732,00.html

Report now on OS

Jenkinson started at right back for Eastbourne Borough, they drew 0-0 with Newport even though they ended the game with 10 men.

Stavrinou got an assist and played 75 mins for Cambridge in their 2-2 draw with Kettering. They play in the FA Cup mid week but we aren't letting him play.

Thurrock lost 2-1 to Weston-super-Mare, Davisson started, Tuna came on and won the penalty for Thurrock's goal.
  • Options
    Perkins will be going back to Cray this week
  • Options
    http://www.kentishfootball.co.uk/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6237&Itemid=38

It seems they agreed that a few weeks ago, but I think he's been injured.

Got 2 goals in 4/5 games earlier this season for Cray, and he had a short spell with them towards the end of last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.kentishfootball.co.uk/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6237&Itemid=38

It seems they agreed that a few weeks ago, but I think he's been injured.

He's on the mend. As said, he'll be back there this week.
  • Options
    http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2220990,00.html

Back there today, loan until 31st December.
  • Options
    scored both goals in a 2-1 league cup win against folkestone tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    Back there today

You should know better than to doubt me Sco :-)
  • Options
    dont worry lads i will keep you up to date with me weekly cray reports
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    Back there today

You should know better than to doubt me Sco :-)
    I didn't, I was backing it up with the link where their manager said he'd be back with them soon.
  • Options
    CAFC twitter says Ben Davisson has joined Hastings Utd on loan until early January.

Third loan club this season and a drop down to the Isthmian/Ryman Premier. Hopefully he'll finally get a run of games. Harry Pell did well there last year and they extended his loan.
  • Options
    http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=3435

Yado Mambo has joined Staines Town on loan (Blue Square South) for a month.

Was with them last season as well as Dover and Welling.
  • Options
    Looks like Freddie Warren has joined Mambo at Staines. His first loan, hopefully he'll get a decent run of games.
  • Options
    Ben Davisson to remain on loan at Hastings till April. Good luck to him, good to see the young players getting games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and Lewis Perkins is back from his loan with Cray
  • Options
    Freddie Warren now being carted off to Ryman Prem side Concord Rangers on loan.

Looks like his career is starting to nosedive....
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    He'll be hoping his career can take off again and not stay grounded. After all, the sky is the limit.
  • Options
    Hope this isn't another one of Varney's link ups with a French outfit that crashes.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ben Davisson was a sub for Hastings Utd last night, played about 15 minutes.
  • Options
    Cambridge Utd FM researcher on Stavrinou last week if anyone is interested-
    Stav's loan with CUFC ended last week and although the manager rated him, it will not be extended because the club cannot afford him (crowds are running well under budget). His total loan period was 8/10/10 to 8/1/11 and he made 7 starts, scoring 1 goal.

He made a good initial impression but was less impressive in the hurly burly of the BSP without skipper Paul Carden alongside him as his 'minder' and he did not even make the squad for the last two games. In mitigation it was a bitty period with several games postponed due to the weather, an underachieving team and he was also not allowed to play in the FA Cup.

Decent player, energetic and skilful with a good shot on him, but a little lightweight. Funnily enough he reminded me of the last loanee we had from you - Neil McCafferty - and look what happened to him!
  • Options
    Tuna scored a hat trick for Aveley in an Essex Cup tie against Canvey Island.

Not sure what level they usually play at, but least he is getting games and maybe now goals.

Also after reading the post above- what did happen to Neil McCafferty? any specific reasons why he did not live up to the expectations after his Old Trafford squad appearance.
  • Options
    Avely are Ryman league i think. Nice to see him scoring though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Also after reading the post above- what did happen to Neil McCafferty? any specific reasons why he did not live up to the expectations after his Old Trafford squad appearance.
    Don't know apart from he played for Rushden, Grays and more recently a few Irish clubs.

Pleased for Tuna, hopefully this is the club he'll finally get a run of games for. Played for about 4 non-league clubs before them in the last year or so but never started many matches.