Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend v Charlton - John the Painter Match Thread

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
All the usual team news, match updates and fatal non-recoverable errors here :-)

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Looks like a 4-3-3

Elliot
    Francis, Fortune, Doherty, Jackson
    Racon, Semedo (c), McCormack
    Martin, Abbott, Reid

Bench: Worner, Dailly, Fry, Wagstaff, Benson
  • Options
    Charlton: Elliot, Francis, Fortune, Doherty, Jackson, Racon, Semedo (c), McCormack, Martin, Reid, Abbott
  • Options
    Worner, Dailly, Fry, Wagstaff, Benson on bench
  • Options
    does seem odd that there are there 3 central mid players. Racon could play on the left but Reid is playing.

Not surprised by martin and Abbott pairing but Benson used to have a Southend Season ticket.
  • Options
    Looks like it is a 4-3-3 with Martin and Reid out wide and the 3 centre mids but I would also expect the team to line up like this at points during the game:

[align=center]Elliot
    Francis Fortune Doc Jackson
    Semedo McCormack
    Martin Racon Reid
    Abbot
    [/align]

Almost like a 4-2-3-1 when we dont have the ball.
  • Options
    CAFC Twitter says 4-3-3 but I guess it'll be easy to switch things around.
  • Options
    Any radio links for this?
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/hi/

Then click listen live at top
  • Options
    Cheers mate
  • Options
    don't need every kick of the game, but anyone listening able to provide occassional updates ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is it our game on there? thought they would of had Qpr on or summit, fair enough lol.
  • Options
    yep its qpr!
  • Options
    Charlton's not on the radio tonight mate. Its Spurs v Sunderland and Portsmouth v QPR.
  • Options
    they were at southend a minute ago so i presumed they were covering our game. My bad!
  • Options
    One of the S'end players ?Clohessy got caught in traffic and didn't make it in time for the starting bench.
  • Options
    It's cold in Southend. They forgot the mic. was on so lots of whispers, please note AFKA.
  • Options
    -5c outside here in the Rocky Mountains, snow is falling - bowl of piping hot soup - perfect conditions :-)

3-1 CAFC
  • Options
    442 or 433? Not sure yet.
    Away we go.
  • Options
    ah - its this commentator! we're in for a wip-woawing, wollicking night!
  • Options
    Lively start by Kyel Reid, McCormack poor clearance, but we struggled to clear the danger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's hope he goes back to the same team thats been playing in the league on Saturday.
  • Options
    anyone got a radio link?
  • Options
    Charlton supporters still arriving, pressing forward, Reid and Jackson linking up well, we're on the offensive.
  • Options
    confident start by Send
  • Options
    Forch and Doc not communicating well but Robbie to the rescue.
  • Options
    Forch and Doc not communicating well but Robbie to the rescue.
  • Options
    you can say that again.
  • Options
    neat passing from both sides
  • Options
    Wacon wuns onto Weid's whight-footed, wasping pass.

I also find it ironic that he can't say "rhotacism" (his condition) properly.
  • Options
    Send CD allowed to bring ball to our penalty area and have free shot - missed
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!