Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BDL Co-commentator supreme!

Great work Dave it's terrific to have an utterly partial commentator.

Comments

• Options
    Just a shame he cant tell Racon from Semedo ;-)
  • Options
    Am a bit worried that he thinks Dailly is "fit". Is he a bear?
  • Options
    Yeah! "Jo-se Vitor Semedo!" I know his middle name but tell him apart from Racon....
  • Options
    davesounds good to be honest he's doing well
  • Options
    Dave great commentary , just remember to turn the mic off at half time , and at the end of the game! ( not that anythng rude was said!)
  • Options
    Yeah ok I do know the difference between Semedo and Racon, but my colleague called it. So rather than correct him I went along with it thinking I must have been wrong! Nah, Racon came running over to us as we were directly behind the dug out!

It's a really weird press box at Roots Hall. Written journos are in one box and radio in another. Oh an there's a dress code, no trainers and no jeans! Was advised to wear a tie just in case.
  • Options
    A dress code for radio, the world has gone bonkers :0)
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited November 2010
    I thought Matt was on a wind up when he told me. As the box is directly behind the directors box they apply the dress code.

There's a great thread on one of the Yeovil sites about it, just google Southend press box dress code. It also contains a possible theory as to why they nearly went bankrupt!
  • Options
    Loved the commentary. Listened in before the game as well because the mic. was accidentally left on. You're a very polite sort of chap, said nothing naughty at all, all very disappointing. That bit about Keystone cops defending? It painted a picture in my head and conveyed everything I needed to know, someone who's proper Charlton telling it like it was, complete with cock up on the player ID front. Great stuff.
  • Options
    now if emma had named the wrong scorer just imagine the crying taking place amongst charltons oh so precious fans who deserve the worlds greatest commentators for our supreme team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done BDL, top work from what I hear, sadly I was locked in a tv studio with Messrs Jupitus and Boyle so could not listen, sounds like the Press BOx was a tad cramped, was the geezer from Gateway FM there? he and I had a run in a while back!
    The Fx mic is bugger, it catches a lot of people out, apparently everyone heard me saying at Barnet that I was off to the loo......
    Peterborough Saturday?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]Well done BDL, top work from what I hear, sadly I was locked in a tv studio with Messrs Jupitus and Boyle so could not listen, sounds like the Press BOx was a tad cramped, was the geezer from Gateway FM there? he and I had a run in a while back!
    The Fx mic is bugger, it catches a lot of people out, apparently everyone heard me saying at Barnet that I was off to the loo......
    Peterborough Saturday?
    Yes PeteF, we did hear about your intended use of Barnet's facilities ;-)
  • Options
    Have to say Barnet were very welcoming in the press area at the weekend, the press lounge is also where the Ref and his assistants go before the game to have some lunch and a chat, very interesting to here them planning for the game ahead and discussing other refs decisions from the previous week! Please note Simon E, I was extremly restrained in front of the refs!
    On the summary front I do try and be a little impartial, but as a Simon E will vouch for I can get a tad excitable when in the stands as a fan, be interested to hear what CAFC fans want from the summariser, as I am there as part of Charlton Live should I be more pro Charlton? Let me know ta!
  • Options
    BDL ....What can I say except that your away match ban is officially lifted !!!

You are now our very own good luck charm.....
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Great job by BDL, but why do we get commentators with endearing speech characteristics inflicted on us?

I can forgive someone for not being able to pronounce the letter 'R' (which, of course, is why BDL's co-commentator insisted that Semedo had scored the goal. The idea of saying 'Wacon' clearly appalled him), but then to start refering to 'Ragstaff' ... well, I despair.

I'm just pleased that we don't support Wotherham or Wochdale.
  • Options
    Last night's commentator Dave Victor was one of Mark Mansfield's cluster of local football reporters during the 'Beautiful Game' years on RTM - at which time another young radio journalist was coming through the ranks at the station- one Dave (now 'Dickie') Davies, with BDL also aboard!!

CR