Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

9goalswentpastperry

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Hi,

Do you still post on here 9goalswentpastperry? I want to talk about a new career path and you sound like the man.

Incase he doesn't read this it says he was last active on here may 18th. Does anybody know him personally?

Comments

• Options
    I thought this was going to be a thread about Celtic V Aberdeen!
  • Options
    I thought it was a retrospective looking back at how the pathetic bellends of shithurst park got ritually battered and slaughtered 9-0 by Liverpool in 1989. That result still brings me out in fits of laughter. One of the worst performances in top flight history and it belongs to the glaziers. So strangely they do have some history after all!!!
  • Options
    Would you mind enlightening the ignorant masses(ie-me!) please pilchard?What connection is there with the Glaziers?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcJay[/cite]Would you mind enlightening the ignorant masses(ie-me!) please pilchard?What connection is there with the Glaziers?

Perry Suckling was in goal when Palarse got battered 9-0 by Liverpool.
  • Options
    Not logged in since May.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Not logged in since May.

was it the 18th by any chance ?
  • Options
    And don't forget his dog !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I thought it was a retrospective looking back at how the pathetic bellends of shithurst park got ritually battered and slaughtered 9-0 by Liverpool in 1989.

8 different scorers for Liverpool, only time in English football history, and Pardew played.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I thought it was a retrospective looking back at how the pathetic bellends of shithurst park got ritually battered and slaughtered 9-0 by Liverpool in 1989.

8 different scorers for Liverpool, only time in English football history, and Pardew played.

Liverpool opened the scoring in the 7th minute - John Barnes dribbled towards the Crystal Palace area, but found himself blocked before Ronnie Whelan played a pass out to the right, from where Steve Nicol finished coolly. The second goal came from Steve McMahon, who advanced onto a through-ball, spotted 'keeper Perry Suckling off his line, and chipped the ball into the net from distance. The third goal came from interplay between Barnes, David Burrows and Peter Beardsley. Beardsley began a mazy dribble into the penalty area, and no sooner was he tackled then Ian Rush was on hand to convert from close range.

Liverpool went in at half–time 3-0 up, but there was more to come. In the 56th minute, a Beardsley corner was flicked on by Barnes, and headed home by Gary Gillespie. Beardsley himself made it 5, running onto a layoff from Rush, and slamming the ball past Suckling from the edge of the area. Liverpool won a penalty in the 66th minute, and by this time they could afford to make a sentimental decision. The crowd called for the introduction of John Aldridge, who about to leave the club to join Real Sociedad; manager Kenny Dalglish obliged, and replaced Beardsley with Aldridge. Aldridge converted the penalty with his first touch, to loud cheers.[2] Palace were awarded a penalty of their own, but Geoff Thomas missed his chance to score a consolation, and not long afterwards it was 7–0, with Barnes scoring a curling, chipped free-kick from the edge of the area. Barnes set up the eighth goal too, his corner being headed home by defender Glen Hysén, scoring his first goal for the club. The scoring was rounded off in the last minute, Burrows cross from the left went behind Aldridge, only for Steve Nicol to side-foot it into the net, finishing the scoring just as he had started it.[1]
  • Options
    nah-i know all about the game.remembering listening to it on the radio and pissing myself laughing!just wanted to know where the glaziers came into the picture
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

Ah............but it wasn't his fault.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]And don't forget his dog !
    Sh*t!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcJay[/cite]nah-i know all about the game.remembering listening to it on the radio and pissing myself laughing!just wanted to know where the glaziers came into the picture

Glaziers used to be Palaaarse nickname
  • Options
    Not logged on here since,if memory serves, about 18th of May I reckon. Anyway, how can I be of help heavenSE7?

As for the song that forms my username, I don't think we sing it often enough these days. It's only been 21 years since that great night so I think we should still be enjoying it.
  • Options
    There were a few people singing it at Brighton last year, had no idea what they were on about until now. Seems a decent song, should try and get it going again.
  • Options
    We sang it on the Derby away coach. but unfortunately it wsnt Perry's name we used... one of our own? Was it McCarthy?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CafcJay[/cite]nah-i know all about the game.remembering listening to it on the radio and pissing myself laughing!just wanted to know where the glaziers came into the picture

So you are as ancient as me then Jay! Don't tell me you didn't know that Crystal Palace change their nickname every generation????? The glaziers being one of their many silly monickers!