Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joey Barton=Thug

Did anyone catch loveable Joey's punch to the midriff of Morten Gamst Pedersen last night?

Lost his rag, no accident, deliberate.

Like to see how the FA & Newcastle handle this one because in a lot of other professions, you'd be out the door (apart from boxing).

If it is a three match ban imposed then it really is a case of footballers being almost untouchable.

Comments

• Whilst I don't condone this action from the thug that is Joey Barton, who can say they wouldn't like the opportunity to thump Pedersen?!
  • Had to laugh the other day when I saw Barton had told the FA to stop worrying about their "goody, goody" image and pick Carroll. This would be the same FA that has no problems being associated with Rooney, Gerrard, both Ashley and Carlton Cole, Terry, etc, etc, etc.

No Joey, he's not getting picked because he's a wrong 'un, it's because he might not be ready just yet.
  • edited November 2010
    Would rather see the FA clamp down on two footed lunges and leg breakers with retrospective punishment, like the chap who did Grant Basey last season.

EDIT: Having said that though, it wouldn't be difficult to clamp down on both would it.
  • Barton is a pr*ck, end of story. I doubt he'd have done it if he'd turned round and seen it was Chris Samba
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Barton is a pr*ck, end of story. I doubt he'd have done it if he'd turned round and seen it was Chris Samba

haha, yeah, the footage of him after trying to say he'd pushed him was quite amusing.

On the football side he's actually been playing really well this season
  • What a scumbag Barton is. How many chances does he need? Once a thug, always a thug.

Also, what an idiot. It's not Sunday park football. How did he think none of the 6+ cameras would spot him punching a player in the Premier League? Moron.
  • Barton is a piece of shit!
  • In top form and been tipped to play for England again. Not so sure he will be selected after that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Barton is a pr*ck, end of story. I doubt he'd have done it if he'd turned round and seen it was Chris Samba

haha, yeah, the footage of him after trying to say he'd pushed him was quite amusing.

On the football side he's actually been playing really well this season

Exactly, he's a good player and doesn't need to do that kind of thing. His pass was Carroll's goal was brilliant.
  • Incidentally what is that facial hair and haircut all about? He looks like he belongs in the 1950s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scumbag simple as.

Pity as he really seemed to be keeping a lower profile and concentrating on his football, which has been good this season.

3 Matches just is not enough, no way was it only a push. Personally think he should be banned from football altogether as he has had enough chances and in most other professions he would be long gone, but he will probably get 3 games.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite] 3 Matches just is not enough, no way was it only a push.

Whilst it was obviously more than a push and the look on his face expressed his anger and intent, it was a pretty poor punch. It's not like he cracked him on the jaw.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]3 Matches just is not enough, no way was it only a push.

Whilst it was obviously more than a push and the look on his face expressed his anger and intent, it was a pretty poor punch. It's not like he cracked him on the jaw.

Intent is all you need, he still could have done some damage for example to Pedersens ribs. May not have been a Tyson KO but it was still a physical assuault, if he did that in public, he would be arrested. Yet gets away with it on a football field.
  • Barton charged by the FA with violent conduct.
  • On the other hand, it could add a whole new dimension to the game of footie.

Tackle from behind that you don't like? Then get up and promptly smash the bloke in the face. Not a problem, this is football.
    Foul throw by your right back? Retreat to the dressing room for your cosh, return and smash the R/B over the knees, ending his career.
    Time wasting from the other team in the 90th min when you're 1-0 down? Reach out to a friend in the crowd for a pump action shotgun and blow away the time wasting mothers (applies at Millwall only).
    Subbed by your manager when you don't want to come off as you think you're playing well? Pull his specs from his face, throw them on the floor, tread on them & spit in his face.
  • [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]On the other hand, it could add a whole new dimension to the game of footie.

Tackle from behind that you don't like? Then get up and promptly smash the bloke in the face. Not a problem, this is football.
    Foul throw by your right back? Retreat to the dressing room for your cosh, return and smash the R/B over the knees, ending his career.
    Time wasting from the other team in the 90th min when you're 1-0 down? Reach out to a friend in the crowd for a pump action shotgun and blow away the time wasting mothers (applies at Millwall only).
    Subbed by your manager when you don't want to come off as you think you're playing well? Pull his specs from his face, throw them on the floor, tread on them & spit in his face.

Street Soccer
  • Under 13's soccer!!
  • Barton, Cattermole, De Jong, Karl Henry - ALL Destroyers looking to break legs!
  • He is going for the Begbie look with his facial hair.....when in Rome.

Bloke is a nutter. In one breath he is telling us all how he worries that he will only be remembered as a mad man. Then he does that.
  • Barton is a scumbag off the pitch dont get me wrong but on it he is a sly little shit who can play football very very well.

thing that gets me is that people see nani rolling around on the floor etc and you hear 'look at that tart, wouldnt of done that in the 70's, hard they were then, real footballers having a right go at each other'. barton gives someone a little jab and its 'ban him!!!!..theres no place for that in football...he's a digrace'.

so whats it gonna be? personally i dont mind it, pedersen was smiling after, there was no major injury and barton got away with it. leave it at that. barton will get his turn sooner or later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not only that, he also looks like Hitler.
  • Of course there's no bloody place for it in football.

Footballer-Violent Conduct and a 3 match ban.
    Ordinary geezer in the street-ABH and if done in connection with his job, loss of job.

Chris Hughton has gone down in my estimation. Just seen the interview with him on Sky..."more will be made of it because it's Joey"..well I wonder why, not as if he hasn't got previous. "Raised his hands"..piss off, he punched him.

Great example to all those kids out there.
  • Agree think Houghton should be ashamed of himself.
  • Karl Henry produced another leg breaker last night on Arshavin, studs up, ignored the ball. MOTD didn't show it
  • In fact;

tackle-1.gif
  • I must admit, i thought he'd actually taken that shit out of his game. He's been fantastic for newcastle this season and reminded everyone that he can play a bit too. Earlier in the season against wolves, karl Henry nearly cut him in half 3 times and he didn't react, but just goes to show it's in his mind set. As for Henry, well that guy's worse in my opinion. He seems intent on actually ending careers. Seems that every week he's kicking someone up in the air with high-footed challenges (like the one above). No doubt McCarthy will defend him to the hilt.
  • Wouldn't even call it a tackle.

Shockin juss shockin.
  • Feel a bit sorry for Barton, I genuinely believe he can't be well.

As for Henry, shocking tackle and has learnt nothing from earlier in the season.
  • diabolical tackle that from Henry, clearly going in over the top of the ball