Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Res 2 - QPR Res 3

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Game played today behind closed doors at QPR featured Luke Daniels in goal on loan from WBA and 2 triallists, one in the back four and one in midfield.
Report on CAFC website.

Comments

• Options
    That game was played on 19th October. Daniels is not on loan with us.
  • Options
    Have the reserves played any matches recently? I've been told Tom Miller is on trial with us now.
  • Options
    Who is Tom Miller?
  • Options
    This guy

Don't expect to be excited.
  • Options
    Apologies did not look at date - new site ?
  • Options
    I don't know much about him but almost every time i read a youth or reserve team match report, that Tosan Popo has scored.
    Anyone know if he's got a good chance of making it or is he the next James Walker?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I don't know much about him but almost every time i read a youth or reserve team match report, that Tosan Popo has scored.
    Anyone know if he's got a good chance of making it or is he the next James Walker?
    I'm sure others have seen him play more than I have, but from what I have seen like most of the young players he's not a clear stand out player. That doesn't mean he won't make it though.

He's not big and strong, but has pace, tries to link the play and as you say is scoring goals. A lot have been penalties but still he's scored 5 or 6 since the summer and not missed.

With strikers you sometimes just don't know how they'll adapt to playing in the first team with better players.

I guess it'll partly depend on whether or not Tuna and/or Perkins are here next season (he's a second year, so will be released or offered a pro deal for next season), as I'm not sure we'd keep 3 young strikers here.
  • Options
    Paul Williams for those who remember him was not big and strong but quick and could score if Popo turns out to be as good a player it would be a right result.