Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you needed any further proof that Ian Wright is a complete moron......

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3223130/Ian-Wright-wants-Alan-Pardew-in-charge-at-Crystal-Palace.html

My personal favourite, "I just feel that Alan's somebody who puts the emphasis on youth. He likes to bring in people from the youth team and he's a bloody good coach."

Hmmm, I don't remember him bringing in too many "youth" players at our place (or Saints for that matter) or being a "good coach".

Still, I'd love him to takeover there and get them down to League Two!

Comments

• Options
    Jonjo Shelvey and Scott Wagstaff?
  • Options
    I would love this appointment...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Raver[/cite]Jonjo Shelvey and Scott Wagstaff?

True, Shelvey did make his debut for Pardew in that 3-0 loss at Barnsley and started the next season under Pardew, but then dropped back - I will grant you that one. But, to be fair, Shelvey was one of the outstanding talents of his age in the country, it was not exactly a tough call to play him.

Wagstaff only played two games (as sub) in 2007/08 under Pardew but really only made himself a more regular player last season in League One, you'd hardly say that Pardew brought him through.

Still, the point stands, that Pardew will hardly be remembered as a bloke who focused on bringing in young players from within the club, more for bringing in loanees that fractured the unity of the squad.
  • Options
    Pardew managed Wagstaff badly. Good to give young players a chance but he played him far too early. Then took a long time for Parky and his staff to help him get his confidence back.
  • Options
    Pardew very nearly ruined Wagstaff's potential career. I remember one midweek cup match at home to Yeovil when Wagstaff started when it was obvious beforehand he was low on confidence and clearly not ready for it. He was subbed at HT and i think Pardew publicly slated him following the game.

Had pardew not gone when he did, i honestly believe Wagstaff would be playing non-league football now.
  • Options
    I quite like Ian Wright
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Pardew very nearly ruined Wagstaff's potential career. I remember one midweek cup match at home to Yeovil when Wagstaff started when it was obvious beforehand he was low on confidence and clearly not ready for it. He was subbed at HT and i think Pardew publicly slated him following the game.

Had pardew not gone when he did, i honestly believe Wagstaff would be playing non-league football now.
    I remember it. I think Waggy was clearly at fault for a goal Yeovil scored - but the silver-haired, forked-tongued c*** should have known better than to coat him off in public.
  • Options
    Well it was in The Sun, every piece has to be eye grabbing.

Thought this picture was quite eye grabbing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3222963/Rio-Ferdinand-left-feeling-butt-of-a-joke.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Raver[/cite]Jonjo Shelvey and Scott Wagstaff?

True, Shelvey did make his debut for Pardew in that 3-0 loss at Barnsley and started the next season under Pardew, but then dropped back - I will grant you that one. But, to be fair, Shelvey was one of the outstanding talents of his age in the country, it was not exactly a tough call to play him.

Wagstaff only played two games (as sub) in 2007/08 under Pardew but really only made himself a more regular player last season in League One, you'd hardly say that Pardew brought him through.

Still, the point stands, that Pardew will hardly be remembered as a bloke who focused on bringing in young players from within the club, more for bringing in loanees that fractured the unity of the squad.

I definately agree with your point and I cant stand Ian Wright or Pardew for that matter. However I didnt want it to be forgotten that he was the man who gave Jonjo his chance.
  • Options
    SLP twitter has pointed out that Burley has a good record of bringing through youngsters himself...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm afraid you got the quote wrong, it should have read " Alan likes to put the emphasis on Alan ". I sat in the front row at the Village Hotel when he went there with Richard Murray, and took an instant dislike to him as a person. I put forward a thought that Brian should have been forgiven for calling them Palarse from the pitch because I believe everyone deserves a second chance, and that got the biggest applause of the night. Pardew dismissed the thought rather unpleasantly although I don't think he even knew who Brian was. Interestingly Murray at one stage said that if Pardew left he had Parkinson in ready to replace him, which definitely did not please Pardew.
  • Options
    I think it would be a great move. They deserve each other....
  • Options
    Mr Wright should stick to his main job .. PR Supremo for the overrated Shaun Wright-Phillips. As to the Crystal Paralysis manager, George Burley must have a lot of friends in the football industry. How he keeps getting work after consistent failure is mind boggling. Still, Alan Ball, Kevin Keegan and Gordon Strachan amongst others, have all made good careers despite having the management skills of a tadpole.
    Alan pardew would make a much better fist of managing CP than silly George.
  • Options
    ..and Mr Pardews knows what he can do what that fist.
  • Options
    In answer to the threads actual question- No further proof has ever been required!