Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Posh manager Johnson ahead of Charlton game....

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
“We are at home and need to make sure we take control of the game and play it our way. For that to happen we need lads to step up to the plate and want to effect the game in a good way.

“I am looking for my team to be a constant threat. We have to be dangerous and we have to be looking to feed our attacking players every minute of the match.

“We have two of the top goalscorers in the division and we have to make sure we get the ball to them so they can influence the game. I would certainly like to see them receive the ball more than they have at times this season.

We have done our homework on Charlton and know quite a lot about them. Now it is about putting it into practice and alleviating their strengths while looking to take advantage of any weaknesses.

“There are always ups and downs in football. We had a down in our last home game against Brighton when we didn’t perform on the day, but you have to be in it for the long haul.

“We have shown we are good enough to challenge, but that in itself is not enough.

“It is about continuing to improve and striving to get up there in the top two.”

Comments

• Options
    Can you keep this all in the Pre Match thread please guys?

Ta
  • Options
    AFKA is loving a new thread this morning. Either it's extremely quiet at his work or he has a day off.
  • Options
    I didn't realise that AFKA actually worked !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]AFKA is loving a new thread this morning.

LOL, its a reflex action, i can't help it. I see the front page dominated by music, boxing, word threads, trades, computer games, tv programmes etc and i've got this built in mechanism to quickly provide some football content. Can't help it, tried to fight it but i can't !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]AFKA is loving a new thread this morning.

LOL, its a reflex action, i can't help it. I see the front page dominated by music, boxing, word threads, trades, computer games, tv programmes etc and i've got this built in mechanism to quickly provide some football content. Can't help it, tried to fight it but i can't !

soccerthreadophile