Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any questions for Jason Euell?

Everton fan in peace! I'm interviewing Jason Euell for Sport.co.uk at 3pm today. To make it a bit more interesting than it otherwise would be, I thought it would be a good idea to source some questions from those who used to watch him play week in, week out.

So - any questions for Jason Euell?

Will post the interview up here when it goes live.

All the best and good luck for the season - used to be good games between Charlton and Everton not so very long ago,
Jonny

Comments

• Options
    Just tell him he was a bloody hero and underrated.
  • Options
    Ask him about his apparent falling out with Alan Curbishley. He was integral to our side, got sent off against Man U and then Curbs seemed to go off him overnight. Only played a bitpart role after that and never looked the same player again.

And yeah, tell him he was a bloody hero!
  • Options
    I think he was an Arsenal fan as a youngster and his finest moment in our colours was the 4-2 win at Highbury when he scored for us there .
  • Options
    Ask how is the Bently and would he recommended them
  • Options
    One thing I could never work out was his best position, so you could ask him whether he thinks he's best as an attacking midfielder role or up top, and whether his preferred position has changed as his career has progressed.

Those 2 goals in the 2-1 win against Chelsea - AWESOME
  • Options
    His favourite Charlton player?
  • Options
    He signed for us for £4.75m and didn't have the greatest of starts. Does the pressure of a big transfer ever weigh on a players mind ?

Is Chris Powell the nicest guy in football ?

What was Paulo Di Canio like to be around every day ?
  • Options
    Q : Did he ever think he would play another premier league game 18 months ago ?
  • Options
    is ian holloway the same on the training pitch as in interviews?

and one for you sixpac, where have all the wsag posters gone since their forum shut?
  • Options
    Let him know if he doesnt already that he has scored the most premier league goals for a player with the second name beggining with E
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Q If he could start again would he do things differently?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]He signed for us for £4.75m and didn't have the greatest of starts. Does the pressure of a big transfer ever weigh on a players mind ?

You might want to tread a bit carefully around that subject as my memory of that time was that he had suffered a terrible personal loss shortly after joining us and very much to his credit tried to come back when his mind my have been elsewhere at the time.

And tell him he was an integral part of our Premiership stay and is more than welcome back at The Valley any day.
  • Options
    Cheers guys. This is great stuff. Am I right in remembering him scoring twice against us in a 2-2 draw at the Valley? Possibly both penalties?

paulbaconsarnie - I'm not sure, to be honest, as I didn't really post on there. Will let you know if I find out though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    and one for you sixpac, where have all the wsag posters gone since their forum shut?

http://members.boardhost.com/blaukopf/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sixpac_drinkur[/cite]Cheers guys. This is great stuff. Am I right in remembering him scoring twice against us in a 2-2 draw at the Valley? Possibly both penalties?

That sounds about right. Rooney equalised 15 minutes from the end with an absolute beauty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]He signed for us for £4.75m and didn't have the greatest of starts. Does the pressure of a big transfer ever weigh on a players mind ?

You might want to tread a bit carefully around that subject as my memory of that time was that he had suffered a terrible personal loss shortly after joining us and

I know what you are referring to Bournemouth, but i think that come much after.

I was referrring to his first 3-4 games with us when he had about 20 shots per game but couldn't hit a barn door. He turned out fine and a decent player, but he was our record signing at the time and i was more interested generically if that is something that ever plays on a players mind.

Liked the question about what his best position was, because i was never sure.
  • Options

You might want to tread a bit carefully around that subject as my memory of that time was that he had suffered a terrible personal loss shortly after joining us and very much to his credit tried to come back when his mind my have been elsewhere at the time.

And tell him he was an integral part of our Premiership stay and is more than welcome back at The Valley any day.

That was much later on in his career at Charlton.
  • Options
    I have a signed pair of boots he wore against Liverpool once if anyone ever wants them for something like a charity raffle
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

Are you sure?

I thought the same as Bournemouth
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Always liked the man and he was a decent player for our club- He was appreciated by the fans here, and he will always get a decent reception at The Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ask him why he used to stand in the centre circle just before kick off, with his shorts closer to his ankles than his waist ?

Does he still do it ?

Serious question !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Ask him why he used to stand in the centre circle just before kick off, with his shorts closer to his ankles than his waist ?

Mooney ....!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

Are you sure?

I thought the same as Bournemouth

Nope I was wrong Len, he joined in July 2001 and then had a three match break starting after the West Ham 4-4 in the Nov. The old memory's not what it was...
  • Options
    Thanks again for your help guys - unfortunately the question about his shorts came too late. Would have asked otherwise! Here's the interview...

http://www.sport.co.uk/features/Football/1386/Sportcouk_meetsJason_Euell.aspx

Hope you enjoy it and best of luck for the season. I'll hit you back if I encounter any other ex-Addicks in the near future (possibly Chris Perry, I gather). In fact, here's an interview I did with Nicky Johns a while back...

http://www.sport.co.uk/features/Football/1031/Sportcouk_meets%E2%80%A6Nicky_Johns.aspx

All the best,
    Jonny
  • Options
    good interview with Jason so thanks. Now for the Nicky Johns one ...
  • Options
    That is a great interview. Thanks for sharing, sixpac. Looks like a vast majority of our questions were answered!
  • Options
    Of course it was a great interview, we wrote bloody half of it !

Nice one sixpac, notice you manage to squeeze some form of Everton connection in there somewhere !
  • Options
    It was still a thoroughly good read.

Good luck, Jase!