Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Youth Cup 2nd Round - Charlton v Bury Town

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Date yet to be set.

Bury Town (not Bury FC the league side) beat the less then super Bromley 5 - 4 after being 4 - 1 down.

Comments

• Options
    Or venue, I'd expect it to be at Welling or another local non-league ground.
  • Options
    They would love to play Norwich though, local derby
  • Options
    Just a bit off topic, but their 1st team game on the Bury website:

"Bury were on top for the majority of the second half and a great strike from outside the box by James Scowcroft on 55 minutes found the top of the net. Bury held on to collect a welcome three points to improve their league position."

Scowcroft evidently not at Dismal Palarse any longer (or is that a case of, "Keep up, Oggy?").
  • Options
    Wednesday 24th November at Welling United for the 2nd round game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Wednesday 24th November at Welling United for the 2nd round game.

os says 7.30pm which is unusual as they are normally 7pm.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Wednesday 24th November at Welling United for the 2nd round game.

os says 7.30pm which is unusual as they are normally 7pm.

Depends if the floodlights are working this time!
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited November 2010
    Hope they bury them.
  • Options
    Tonight at Welling. Anyone going?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Tonight at Welling. Anyone going?

After going on Tuesday 16th , Saturday 20th, Tuesday 23rd and planning to attend (tickets already bought) on Saturday 27th I think I would be pushing my luck going tonight!
  • Options
    I'll be there. It was that or Harry Potter !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'll be there. It was that or Harry Potter !!

No, don't think Friend of Defoe is going!
  • Options
    Updates on twitter, 3-0 up half time.

Azeez with two, Popo with the other. Two assists for Harriott plus his saved shot fell to Azeez who scored.
  • Options
    Nice, pleased to see the future addicks stars doing well.
  • Options
    Final Score 4-0
  • Options
    Charlton: Hall; Cousins, Carter, Osborne, Fox; Jordan (Ajayi 78), Morris, Warren, Harriott; Azeez (Pigott 67), Popo (Willer 81).

Subs (not used): Gough, Sho-Silva.

Goals: Azeez 27, 40, Popo 45, Jordan 74

Norwich away in next round.

Report on OS
  • Options
    very good performance. Azeez was outstanding and took his goals very well as did Popo. Think Azeez may have a chance for the bench on Saturday with Martin ineligible and maybe with Sodje starting with Benno he may make it along with Abbott as the striking options. Defence wasn't really troubled and Bury were outclassed. It could have been seven or eight in the end. Warren and Harriott impressed, so like Reidy it's uncanny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Harriott impressed, so like Reidy it's uncanny.

in one of the recent matchday programmes it said harriots nickname is 'REIDY'
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]very good performance. Azeez was outstanding and took his goals very well as did Popo. Think Azeez may have a chance for the bench on Saturday with Martin ineligible and maybe with Sodje starting with Benno he may make it along with Abbott as the striking options. Defence wasn't really troubled and Bury were outclassed. It could have been seven or eight in the end. Warren and Harriott impressed, so like Reidy it's uncanny.[/quote]

Any more comments on Azzez? Or indeed the match itself? OS says he's speedy but how big is he? Can he play back to goal? Any weaknesses? What well known striker would you compare him to?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The difference between Reid and Harriott (other than age) - Callum H does tend to get his final ball into the box and work the keeper rather than troubling anyone in row Z.

Azeez useful finisher, was there to finish Harriott's work, likewise Popo. Central defence strong too, likewise Jordan Cousins at RB
  • Options
    Azeez is tall and quite gangly. He is also quick and gives defenders something to think about. Not such a natural finisher as Popo but a good prospect. As is Harriott, Osbourne,Cousins,Warren, Osbourne and Conor Morris.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]Azeez is tall and quite gangly. He is also quick and gives defenders something to think about. Not such a natural finisher as Popo but a good prospect. As is Harriott, Osbourne,Cousins,Warren, Osbourne and Conor Morris.

You mentioned Osbourne twice. I like Osbourne. (With thanks to Blazing Saddles)