Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnet Replay

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Can we buy tickets on the night?

Comments

• Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Reckon there will be big queues leading up to KO. Better to get them as early as poss, then go for a drink.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Reckon there will be big queues leading up to KO. Better to get them as early as poss, then go for a drink.

Agree with the above. Good call.
  • Options
    I heard it was already sold out and the North is now being opened.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I heard it was already sold out and the North is now being opened.

Presume that is a joke, as we would have had to have sold 3000 Lower West & 6000 East (approx) = 9000.
  • Options
    WHOOOOOOOSH !

will do well to get 5,000 (will prob get a bigger crowd if we're drawn at home in the JPT !)
  • Options
    I understand that 6000 tickets had been sold up to this afternoon.
  • Options
    I stand corrected then !, that has surprised me....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]WHOOOOOOOSH !

will do well to get 5,000 (will prob get a bigger crowd if we're drawn at home in the JPT !)
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]I understand that 6000 tickets had been sold up to this afternoon.

Hmm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]I understand that 6000 tickets had been sold up to this afternoon.

I'd be gobsmacked if that were true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so would I...
  • Options
    600 i reckon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]I understand that 6000 tickets had been sold up to this afternoon.

I'd be gobsmacked if that were true.

My father did myself and my two brothers a huge favour today and popped down to the Commercial Centre this afternoon to purchase 3 tickets for tuesday's replay. Whilst he was being served by a young man there, he asked the question re how many tickets had been sold. That was the answer that was given. If that is correct or incorrect then so be it, however that was the answer given to the question asked.
  • Options
    I see why you're called Shirty!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I see why you're called Shirty!

Ha ha. I thought it was a dignified response. Could have been a lot more crictical :-)
  • Options
    :-)
  • Options
    Think we could get more than 9,000 now for this. What would happen then - will it be a lock out?
  • Options
    I reckon yesterdays result could put a couple of thousand on the gate. I hope so anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sidcuptel[/cite]I reckon yesterdays result could put a couple of thousand on the gate. I hope so anyway.
    They would get a better attendance on tuesday if the club ran a more extensive valley express service. For some reason they will not be calling at Ashford even though its usually quite busy there. Boooo.
  • Options
    I've got 6 tickets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've sold just under 2,000, excluding away fans. Agreed there could be a relatively big walk-up, as there was for the JPT, and if so there will be queues. If Barnet had accepted our prices we would have put in cash turnstiles to address this, but we can't do that at £12 because of the change involved. So we will open everything we've got and do our best, but get there early if you can.

On Valley Express all our experience says numbers for these kind of games are poor and this one is no exception on the routes we are running. However, if we get through we will put an Ashford coach on for the second round, because numbers on a Saturday should be better.
  • Options
    Airman - can't we do turnstiles, correct money only? would help surely. There wull be a much bigger walk up than JPT partic after saturday
  • Options
    Three more coming now
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]Airman - can't we do turnstiles, correct money only? would help surely. There wull be a much bigger walk up than JPT partic after saturday[/quote]Can you imagine the fuss if people were told they had to have the correct money? Or if people were turned away if they had three fivers, but not a ten and a couple of pound coins? (Especially as the turnstiles would have loads of pound coins anyway).

I think Charlton are - yet again - doing the right things behind the scenes: 1, trying to fix the price at a tenner (which it appears they now can't do); 2, making it possible to buy tickets before the day; 3, opening every possible window to sell tickets on the night; and 4, (most importantly) letting people know they should get there early.

So fans should, by all means, tip up late and try and get in. But they shouldn't moan about "typical Charlton", if they have to face two long queues (one to buy tickets and one to get in) and subsequently miss the first half-dozen goals.
  • Options
    TBH I can't be bothered:
    Had a Mad few days with family problems and leaving for work at 6am today has done me in.
    COYR