Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough 1-5 Charlton - Player ratings

For those of you that made the trip to London Road please cut & paste the the player list and put your marks out of 10:

Elliot -
Francis -
Doherty -
Fry -
Dailly -
Jackson -
Semedo -
Wagstaff -
Racon -
N/A Anyinsah -
Benson -

Martin -
McCormack -

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Just got back to sunny bedfordshire and i'm still in shock!
    Great performance . The best i have seen away from home since we tonked Man City way back .

That has to send out a strong message to the rest of the league.

Elliot - 7 ---- didn't have a great many saves to make
    Francis - 8.5 ---- different player from a couple of months ago
    Doherty - 8.5
    Solid as a rock
    Fry - 8.5
    How long before West Ham want him back?
    Dailly - 9.5
    How old is this guy? Immense MAN OF THE MATCH
    Jackson - 8
    Linked up well with the front men - Blasted the pen
    Semedo - 9
    Brilliant. ran the Midfield
    Wagstaff - 7.5
    had one of his quieter games - went off injured
    Racon - 8
    I doubted him a month ago - what was i thinking?
    Anyinsah - 7
    Looked dangerous before picking up the injury
    Benson - 7.5
    Great movement off the ball
    Martin - 8.5
    Superb performance. Has to be careful when he jumps in with two feet though.
    McCormack - 7
    Solid replacement
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Peterborough5-1009.jpg
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 - Not much to do really. Made a couple of decent saves and kicking was long and straight. Still doesn't inspire totally confidence on crosses, but I'm nit-picking really.
    Francis - 6.5 - Sound defensively, not so involved going forward and bit wasteful in possession at times.
    Doherty - 7.5 - Very solid, got his head on most things which is his job.
    Fry - 8 - Like this kid, he's a proper defender.
    Dailly - 9 - Immense, simply didn't put a foot wrong - had their frontmen in his pocket and covered any danger if his colleagues were found wanting at all.
    Jackson - 8 - You have to give him extra points for his goals, was otherwise a solid if unspectacular performance. He's not necessarily the standout man, but he's a very important cog because of how Racs and JVS play when he's next to them.
    Semedo - 8.5 - Chase, tackle, give, hold position. Chase, tackle, give, hold position. Chase, tackle, give, hold position. Repeat until points are in the bag and the opposition attackers are demoralised, broken shells of men. Minus a half for a silly booking late on.
    Wagstaff - 7.5 - This lad is coming along nicely and I admit I was wrong about him. He works as hard as anyone, but it's work with a purpose now. He's turning into a player who is always available for a pass and one we can trust not to lose it if we give him the ball. Persistence won us the penalty and he hit a stunning dipping half volley against the bar. Great stuff.
    Racon - 8.5 - All action and a thumping finish. Too good for this division when he's in this form.
    N/A Anyinsah - 7.5 - Not on for long, but picked up where he left off vs Swindon - a handful
    Benson - 8.5 - Looks a completely different player to the one I saw for the first time vs Notts County. He's sharpened up so much - he looks reasonably quick now, very quick, in fact, over 5 yards (like so many good strikers) and his hold up play is uncomplicated but neat and effective. Didn't win to many headers today, but was always competeing and making it hard for Posh defenders to make clean clearances. Linked well with Martin and the wide men. Really deserved a goal.

Martin - 9 - I was worried when Anyinsah hobbled off, but Martin was unplayable for spells today. He doesn't have Anyinsah's strength, but he's got all the nuisance value and bags of ability. Some of his skills and technique were premier league quality today and he took his first goal beautifully.
    McCormack - 7.5 - Tidy little cameo on the right from him. I wouldn't necessarily be thinking about starting him there, but he didn't look out of place and swung a couple of decent crosses in.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Elliot - 7 Doesn't inspire with me huge amounts of confidence
    Francis - 7 Overall a steady game but gave silly balls away (even though we were winning 4-1 so can't complain to much if it is giving it away in their half rather than ours)
    Doherty - 8 Much better than he was a month ago
    Fry - 8 I can't believe this guy is only 19 looks like he has been playing for around 5/6 years. Never seems to put a foot wrong and not afraid to get stuck in when needs to. Helped Elliott out a few times with last ditch clearances
    Dailly - 9 Can' say what has already been said about him time and time again, game after game
    Jackson - 7 linked up well with the midfield and strikers with quick passes
    Semedo 8 Same as pre comments about chasing, tackle, give and hold position
    Wagstaff - 7 thought at start of season he would be just an impact player but is very steady and reliable and made that position his own similar to Robinson. He and Martin caused problems all day. Sam who??
    Racon - 8 his performances have been immense since the start of this run.. long may it continue
    N/A Anyinsah - Injured.. He has been carrying knocks not helped when knocked unfairly pushed on the side line where the fella didnt even get a talking too or even a deserved yellow
    Benson - 9 With every game he is improving, him, and the wingers and midfield link up well, holding the ball up and brining others into play

Martin - 9 love the fella to bits gladed he scored today.. He seems to play well and put in lovely crossed for other people and works tirelessly for the team. Seens to lack confidendce if he doesn' score which affects him. He should look at himself and acknowledge he is doing a very good job for the team and as fans we ackowledge this. Don't let your lack of scoring get you down. His 2 goals today were rewards for all the hard work he has done for us this season
    McCormack - 7 done well in the time he was on

Team performance - Best I have seen for about 3/4 yrs... I can't remember when I last saw a team work hard for each other... have fast wing play and score goals and play well Keep it up and we will be there or thereabouts in May..... and pls Abbott if u play on Tues score the goals that will get us throught to next round of cup
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Fry -7
    Dailly -8
    Jackson -8
    Semedo -7
    Wagstaff -8
    Racon -9
    N/A Anyinsah -
    Benson -7

Martin - 10
    McCormack - 6
  • Options
    Give Semedo that half back -Parky told him to get booked :)
  • Options
    Elliot - 10
    Francis - 10
    Doherty - 10
    Fry - 10
    Dailly - 10
    Jackson - 10
    Semedo - 10
    Wagstaff - 10
    Racon - 10
    N/A Anyinsah - 10 for when he played
    Benson - 10

Martin - 20 out of 10
    McCormack 10

RESULTS IN LEAGUE 1 FOR TODAYS MATCHES- 10
    after a perfomance like that not going to nit pick i fort the whole team were outstanding, was happy with are clean sheet run, but good free kick from the lad,
  • Options
    Martin - 9 love the fella to bits gladed he scored today.. He seems to play well and put in lovely crossed for other people and works tirelessly for the team. Seens to lack confidendce if he doesn' score which affects him. He should look at himself and acknowledge he is doing a very good job for the team and as fans we ackowledge this. Don't let your lack of scoring get you down. His 2 goals today were rewards for all the hard work he has done for us this season

Very true.
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis -7
    Doherty -5
    Fry -6
    Dailly -7
    Jackson -8
    Semedo -7
    Wagstaff -7
    Racon -8
    N/A Anyinsah -7
    Benson -8

Martin -7
    McCormack 5
  • Options
    Elliot - 8 Two good saves not much he could have done with the free kick
    Francis -7 - Good link up play down the right hand side, get skinned in front of us once in the first other than that defended well too.
    Doherty -7 - Dont really remember doing much right or wrong TBH
    Fry -7 Solid defended seem quite vocal too
    Dailly -8 Marshalled well and but his body on the line a few time too.
    Jackson -8 two goals and defended well throughout
    Semedo -8.5 Outstanding display for me in the middle alongside Raccon
    Wagstaff -8 very lively
    Racon -9 really starting to warm to this guy he really is playing the best football of his career
    N/A Anyinsah -7 unlucky to be injured so early
    Benson -10 -MOM - One of the best performences Ive seen in a Charlton Shirt, you neer really notice his work rate unless you watch him throughout reminds of Shaun Bartlett in his pomp chased down lost casues, linked up well, got back and defended their corners like a centre half and just never stopped running. He will be Charlon legend!!

Martin -9 Best Ive seen him
    McCormack 7 thought he did okay actually
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 7.5
    Doherty - 7.5
    Fry - 7.5
    Dailly - 8
    Jackson - 8
    Semedo - 8
    Wagstaff - 7
    Racon - 8.5
    N/A Anyinsah - 7
    Benson - 8

Martin - 9
    McCormack - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Fry - 7
    Dailly - 9
    Jackson - 8
    Semedo - 8
    Wagstaff - 7
    Racon - 9
    N/A Anyinsah - 7
    Benson - 9

Martin - 9
    McCormack - 7
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]Semedo - Same as pre comments about chasing, tackle, give and hold position
    Benson - With every game he is improving, him, and the wingers and midfield link up well, holding the ball up and brining others into play
    couple not rated mate
  • Options
    Elliot - 7.5 - couple of good saves, no chance with the goal
    Francis - 8 - Solid, they got nothing out of him
    Doherty - 8.5 - Norwich like again
    Fry - - 8 - getting better all the time
    Dailly - 9 - 37? bollocks, athlete of a man, think Peterborough would want their strikers back from Christian pocket
    Jackson - 9 - Great finishes, the new Graham Stuart
    Semedo - 9 - beast
    Wagstaff - 8 - Did well
    Racon - 9 - What we always thought was possible, and now delivering all the time
    N/A Anyinsah - 7
    Benson - 9.5 - Exceptional workrate, great hold up, the fifth goal is all about Paul Benson

Martin - 10 - Unplayable, twisted the blood of the Peterborough centre halves
    McCormack - 8 - Came in, did job, no messing about
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Francis - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Fry - 8
    Dailly - 8
    Jackson - 8.5
    Semedo - 8
    Wagstaff - 7
    Racon - 8.5
    N/A Anyinsah -
    Benson - 7

Martin - 8.5
    McCormack - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 8 I' not going to knock the man for Pboro being poor
    Francis - 8 solid. not a criticism. that's all
    Doherty - 8.5 covered everything
    Fry - 8 same as francis
    Dailly - 10 cannot fault the man
    Jackson - 8 got his goals
    Semedo - 8.5 love this man. excellent booking
    Wagstaff - 7.5 played well when called on
    Racon - 9 fantastic when called on
    N/A Anyinsah - 7.5 sadly not involved as much as i wanted him to be, but left his mark
    Benson - 9 excellent, that's all

Martin - 10, only fault i can find is that he didn't play in Jackson for his hat-trick
    McCormack - 7 not a RM, not his fault
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 8
    Doherty - 8
    Fry - 8
    Dailly - 9
    Jackson - 8
    Semedo - 9
    Wagstaff - 8
    Racon - 9
    N/A Anyinsah - 7
    Benson - 9

Martin - 10 Well done to Martin today, i've not been his biggest fan but he was fantastic when he came on so fair play and well done
    McCormack - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - some good save deserves more praise 8
    Francis -7.5
    Doherty -8
    Fry -8
    Dailly -8
    Jackson -8
    Semedo -9
    Wagstaff -7.5
    Racon -8
    N/A Anyinsah -7
    Benson -8

Martin -9.5
    McCormack -7.5
  • Options
    Elliott 9
    Francis 8
    Doherty 9
    Fry 8
    Dailly 9
    Jackson 9
    Wagstaff 9
    Semedo 9
    Racon 9
    Anyinsah 8
    Benson 9

Martin 10
    McCormack 8
    Reid n/a
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Francis - 7.5
    Doherty - 7.5
    Fry - 8
    Dailly - 9
    Jackson - 8.5
    Semedo - 8.5
    Wagstaff - 8
    Racon - 8.5
    N/A Anyinsah - 7
    Benson - 8

Martin -9
    McCormack - 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot - 7 - Not much to do but did what was required whe called upon
    Francis -7 - No mistakes at the back, better distribution than usual
    Doherty - 7.5 - as Parky said, kept two good strikers very quiet
    Fry - 7.5 - good player, like him more every week
    Dailly - 7.5 - See Doherty
    Jackson - 8 - Classy again, Reid's got a job on his hands getting back in
    Semedo - 7.5 - Great to see him back at his best after iffy start to the season
    Wagstaff - 7.5 - a much better player than I ever thought he would be
    Racon - 8.5 - doing for 90 minutes what he's only showed flashes of before
    Anyinsah - 7 - involved in move leading up to penalty
    Benson - 7.5 - deserved a goal, kept a cool head to set up Martin for no. 5

Martin - 8.5 - clearly has potential, good to see him finally produce something tangible
    McCormack - 7 - put himselfabout to good effect
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Elliot - 3 Non league keeper and worst in this division
    Francis - 2 never be good enough
    Doherty - 4 too slow
    Fry - 3 Another loan player who doesn't try
    Dailly - 2 old man
    Jackson - 4 pens don't count
    Semedo - 3 headless chicken
    Wagstaff - 5 Waste of space
    Racon - 2 never imposes himself
    N/A Anyinsah - Injured again
    Benson - 3 Will never amount to anything

Martin - 4 fancy dan
    McCormack - 2 Stavinrou must start ahead of him. useless

Parky 0 No man management skills, can't buy good players.
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Francis - 8
    Doherty - 8
    Fry - 8.5
    Dailly - 8.5
    Jackson - 9
    Semedo - 8
    Wagstaff - 8
    Racon - 8.5
    Anyinsah - 7
    Benson - 8

Martin -9.5
    McCormack - 6.5
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Only joking but all those things or very close have been said in the past few months.

A little bit of patience and perspective go a long way.

Elliot - 8 Crucial one hand save when it was 0 - 0 plus other good stops. Got roughed up but got up and carried on
    Francis - 8 Solid, solid, solid
    Doherty - 8.5 I had my doubts and I was wrong. Used his strength and nous to nullify McClean and Mackell-Smith
    Fry - 7.5 Another good performance, maybe allowed too many crosses to come over 2nd half but only maybe
    Dailly - 8.5 Like Doc used his brain to outwit their talented strikers and his body when it was needed to block or clear
    Jackson - 8.5 Went walkabout from a free kick he took but otherwise was outstanding. His move to LM has be fundamental to our recent performances. And a free transfer who came to play for Parky.
    Semedo - 8.5 South London butchers must be running out of raw meat. JVS at his best
    Wagstaff - 8 won the pen and was always involved. Struggled on manfully after taking a late challenge on the leg so hope injury not bad. Outrageous attempt to score from long range that hit the bar
    Racon - 8.5 He's here, he's there, he's every ******** where, Ra-con, Ra-con. The consistency and the goals are now there along with the talent that he's always had.
    N/A Anyinsah - 7.5 Ran at them and was instrumental in the Pen
    Benson - 9 Worked so well. Proof that Parky has a great eye for a player and that Parky and the coaches can get players,even at 30, to change and improve their all round game. Kept it simple and closed down.

Martin - 9 Direct, fast and finished. Two goals and one assist show that Pboro just couldn't live with him
    McCormack - 7.5 Seems a low score but he did very well. Playing out wide right he stayed disciplined and helped make sure there was no chance of a come back. Another good signing by Richard Murray (well you know Parky doesn't sign the players don't you?)

Fans 9 - Good noise, good humour, would have been 10 if we hadn't gone briefly quiet when they scored and if we'd forgotten about Darren Ambrose but good variety of songs.

BTW it ...When we got promotion, this is what we'll sing, we are Charlton, Super Charlton, pride of South London (or Parky is our King).
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Elliot - 7.5
    Francis - 7.5
    Doherty - 8
    Fry - 7.5
    Dailly - 9
    Jackson - 8.5
    Semedo - 8
    Wagstaff - 7.5
    Racon - 8
    N/A Anyinsah - 8.5 when on the pitch.
    Benson - 8

Martin - 9
    McCormack - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Fry - 8
    Dailly - 8
    Jackson - 8
    Semedo - 8
    Wagstaff - 8
    Racon - 9
    N/A Anyinsah - 7
    Benson - 7

Martin - 9
    McCormack - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 7.5 Only because he did not have much to do
    Francis - 8.5
    Doherty - 8
    Fry -8.75
    Dailly - 8.75
    Jackson - 9
    Semedo - 8.5
    Wagstaff -8.5
    Racon - 9
    N/A Anyinsah -
    Benson - 9
    Martin - 9
    McCormak 8

Martin - 9.5
    McCormack - 7.6

Fans - 9
    Parky - 10 At last getting the praise he deserves, well done Parky

Great game, great team performance. On the TV league, it said that Peterborough were poor, more that we were GREAT!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Elliot - 3 Non league keeper and worst in this division
    Francis - 2 never be good enough
    Doherty - 4 too slow
    Fry - 3 Another loan player who doesn't try
    Dailly - 2 old man
    Jackson - 4 pens don't count
    Semedo - 3 headless chicken
    Wagstaff - 5 Waste of space
    Racon - 2 never imposes himself
    N/A Anyinsah - Injured again
    Benson - 3 Will never amount to anything

Martin - 4 fancy dan
    McCormack - 2 Stavinrou must start ahead of him. useless

Parky 0 No man management skills, can't buy good players.

Hope these scores do not get included in the averages,
  • Options
    Great to see Benson get such high ratings without scoring. More impressive with him being a player without real pace, strength or skill, just keeps things simple. Can be harder for those types of players to stand out.

When he first came here some wrote him off. Then he started scoring and we were saying as long as he scores does it matter if he offers little else.

Seems recently he's shown that he can offer more to the team than just a goal threat.
  • Options
    Benson an example of a player making the most of his limited ability and having a very sharp brain and a big hunger for the game