Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Posh Fans Podcast - picking over the bones of the 5-1...

Morning All,

First of all, congratulations on the way you played at London Road on Saturday. Johnnie Jackson is one hell of a player at this level.

Our Posh fans podcast picking over the defeat (including a good deal of praise for your boys) is now available from our website: www.standingontheglebe.co.uk or via itunes, search for standing on the glebe and its episode 14.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    You don't rate your captain then.....................
  • Options
    Every week Gary Johnson gets it tactically wrong. Don't want him to quit, he should have balls and stay and sort it out. He should stop making stupid comments to the press and get down and do what he is paid to do. Charlton central defence dominant. Racon is the type of player we are missing. Jackson and Martin a level above this division. Charlton will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. Charlton brought far more than 1300 fans, someones diddling the crowd figures. Looked like it was great fun for the Charlton fans on the terraces. You should never boo, it doesn't do anything - just don't clap.

Interesting what they think about Gary Johnson.
  • Options
    Really interesting podcast and, if the people behind Standing on the Glebe come back here to look at comments, I would encourage them to continue with it. Good work, lads.

Also, as stonemuse says, it's really interesting to see their view after a four-goal thumping at home to promotion rivals and compare them to ours.

There were lots of people on here calling for Parky to be sacked or to resign immediately or within a short period of time. Whereas the Posh fans - at least those represented on the Poshcast* - want to see the current manager getting it right, rather than just changing the manager. That's a really smart response. Because both sets of fans (ie the ones calling for no change in personnel, and the ones calling for him to buck his ideas up) stand to be vindicated if (when) they see an improvement.

* And, if they do come back here, they might think of this, rather than the slightly obscure, impenetrable Standing on the Glebe as a title ;-)
  • Options
    Interesting that it seems that when opposition fans see the names Christian Dailly and Gary Doherty on our team sheet they approach eht game with trepidation.

I actually thought (fatty) Tobin was their best player.

Good show - can we get Charlton Live on I-Player ? I'd pay a quid for it if they did...
  • Options
    Plenty of fans on this board supported parky and wanted to see him pull through after the Brighton game, so no difference really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]

Good show - can we get Charlton Live on I-Player ? I'd pay a quid for it if they did...

I think the idea is that you can pay £1 for it from CAFC Player ie £3.99 per month = 4 £1 pw
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]

I think the idea is that you can pay £1 for it from CAFC Player ie £3.99 per month = 4 £1 pw

I see, but I don't think you can download it as a pod-cast (i.e. so you can stick it on your I-Pod and listen to it on the way to work) ?
  • Options
    I see, but I don't think you can download it as a pod-cast (i.e. so you can stick it on your I-Pod and listen to it on the way to work) ?

Don't think that is possible although I stand to be corrected ... however, a great idea which I'd also like to see
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm pretty sure the Charlton Live team said they had been working on a podcast version, not sure how that panned out though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]I'm pretty sure the Charlton Live team said they had been working on a podcast version, not sure how that panned out though.

I remember them saying that but i suspected at the time that this was going to be unlikely as it might deter people from paying for the dross that is Charlton Player which is the only place they can listen to Charlton Live. ( i'm sure the guys at Charlton live would have no problems putting it out on ITunes.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers for the feedback folks. We would love to have called the podcast, the PoshCast but PUFC are shall we say "not fans of our work", and as they are the copyright owners of Posh - I didnt fancy a legal wrangle :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Plenty of fans on this board supported parky and wanted to see him pull through after the Brighton game, so no difference really.
    What I meant was that, on here, fans were either "give him a chance" or "get rid of him" or ; whereas for Peterbro, it appears they are either "give him a chance" or "make him buck his ides up".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: standingontheglebe[/cite]Cheers for the feedback folks. We would love to have called the podcast, the PoshCast but PUFC are shall we say "not fans of our work", and as they are the copyright owners of Posh - I didnt fancy a legal wrangle :-)

can they copywrite Posh? Especially if it ios Poshcast? I would think not, but I suppose they can still stir up a stink that would cost you money, but does seem churlsih and of course they would be in the wrong.