Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Charlton hint at return to former glories after years of decline" Report

2»

Comments

• Options
    Re the fact that there are no players in the Sun Team of the Week, don't read too much into that - it was only a few weeks ago that many people on here were slating Francis, and on the Monday he was included in said Team of the Week!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Senpai[/cite]Jeremy Alexander is my wife's uncle. I'm glad that there have been a lot of goods words to say about his article, and obviously by Jeremy about Charlton.

I spoke to Jeremy earlier and passed on the compliments to him. I just managed to catch him before he was about to cycle into the Guardian to start work. He's chuffed that people thought it was a good read. I believe he will take a look at Charlton Life when he gets into work to see what people have had to say.
    Guardian journo in cycling to work shocker!

Very good article and I echo all the comments above, about time someone writes decent pieces on lower league football, well done Mr Alexander I will be looking forward to the one congratulating Parky on winning promotion!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Senpai[/cite]Jeremy Alexander is my wife's uncle. I'm glad that there have been a lot of goods words to say about his article, and obviously by Jeremy about Charlton.

I spoke to Jeremy earlier and passed on the compliments to him. I just managed to catch him before he was about to cycle into the Guardian to start work. He's chuffed that people thought it was a good read. I believe he will take a look at Charlton Life when he gets into work to see what people have had to say.

Is he charlton? if not who does he support? Great article have tweeted it.

He's a Fulham fan.
  • Options
    "There's only one F in Fulham ......"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cholland[/cite]And he does not let the facts get in the way of a good story, the 37million was NOT spent while we were at Selhurst and Upton Park but after we returned! The Planning permission for the East Stand was granted in 2005 not 2004.
    Ohhh, and I was about to comment on how refreshingly accurate the report was too! :-) Anyway, who cares, still a good report.
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Anyone notice how many charlton players got in The Sun's league one team of the week today? None!!!!
    I've always felt that this (loosely based) newpaper is a bit anti-charlton, more so during the glory years, as if we didn't deserve to be in the premiership. This aside, I don't rate/read The Scum anyway, shit newspaper.
  • Options
    Brilliant write up, loved reading every part of that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]I've always felt that this (loosely based) newpaper is a bit anti-charlton, more so during the glory years, as if we didn't deserve to be in the premiership. This aside, I don't rate/read The Scum anyway, shit newspaper.

Absolutely right. I would just like to remind everyone of this particular example. It allowed itself to be used by Chelsea as a tool to prise Scott Parker away. It put on its internet edition a story that Parker had already signed a deal with Chelsea (over a week before it actually happened, wen Charlton were battling to keep him). It was utterly false at the time, and without any attempt at verification. I actually complained to the Press Complaints Committee about it, encouraged by the young guy I spoke to on the phone about it. But in the end after several weeks they turned my complaint down, on the grounds that i was a 'third party". I've since learnt that this is a very common result of complaints to the PCC, which is funded by the major newspapers, including the Sun. Good eh. On top of that I later got a sneering letter from some twat with a toff name claiming to be the Sun's own "ombudsman", claiming he'd investigated my complaint and found it to be false because Parker had signed for Chelsea.