Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jacksons goal celebration - Press Ups explained

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Whilst searching on-line for reports of our win on Saturday I came across this in the current bun. I was wondering why Jackson started doing press-ups after his goal (shown on the highlights) and the explaination is below-:

JOHNNIE JACKSON's press-up regime is doing little for his saggy pecs - but it's helping Charlton push up the table.

Jackson's first-half double helped Phil Parkinson's side kick sand in weedy Posh's face as they ran riot.

And the former Spurs midfielder hit the deck for a less-than-impressive quick five to celebrate his opener.

But just a month ago it was Charlton who were reeling from a hammering at home when they were blitzed 4-0 by Brighton.

Addicks fans screamed for boss Parky's head on a plate that day. Four straight league wins later Charlton are second in the table and he's the bees' knees again.

Jackson said: "That was the wake-up call we needed to kick-start our season.

"We've addressed things that went wrong in that game and we've gone on a very good run since.

"We are second now. The aim is to stay there and catch Brighton and there's no reason why we can't."

And of his celebration, he added: "The lads always say it doesn't matter how many press-ups or weights I do as my body shape doesn't change.

"It's just a group of us who go in after training and bang out a few sets. So when I scored, I thought I'd show them how it's done."

Posh have promotion aspirations of their own, but have leaked 33 goals already this term - only Preston have conceded more.

Skipper Grant McCann was lucky to stay on the pitch after taking out last man Scott Wagstaff before Jackson fired in the resulting 15th-minute penalty.

Therry Racon soon doubled the lead. Then a quick double from Jackson and Lee Martin put the Addicks 4-0 up at half-time.

McCann's free-kick gave Posh faint hope until Lewin Nyatanga's howler let Martin nip in to complete the rout.

McCann said: "It's a day to forget. We've lost a lot of confidence lately and we need to get it back."

Is it me or are goal celebrations getting 'sillyier'?

Comments