Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More from Kish!

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Finally was able to speak to Vasco (mutual friend - couldn't bear it for a while after the Brighton fiasco)

Firstly Kish was delighted with the way he was received on the day, by the fans for sure, but also by Richard Murray who came to see him in the dressing room afterwards. Apparently RM told him that he wished we'd had him in a Charlton shirt on the day. This slightly perplexed Kish who had understood that Charlton didnt want him any more (for a player, as I've learnt from this, the manager is the club, and Dowie in particular had shown him he wasnt wanted).

Secondly he was more than delighted when Vasco read out to him all the messages left here about him. This is interesting, because what he remembers from his last days here are the booboys calling him a useless w---r, etc. He also commented on the Charlton crowd's overall reaction that day, that he was quite shocked by the air of negativity, and that it helped Brighton.

This all goes against the received wisdom that players don't hear/ aren't affected by booing and criticism, or don't feel any attachment to the fans and their opinions.

Anyway I took it upon myself to pass the message back that that's quite enough love, and that we are coming after him and his Brighton...

Comments

• Options
    Did Kish ever get to see the e mails we sent to Vasco a few years back?
  • Options
    It was often rumoured that in the "old days" of the Valley when there were crowds of 5,000'ish and the team was in the old 3rd Divission the players could easily hear the individual remarks of the crowd, and when negative did affect the players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Did Kish ever get to see the e mails we sent to Vasco a few years back?

He certainly was talked through them. I sometimes think, this is what a player's agent should be doing for players, but of course there isnt a big commission for reading out a few emails as a result of which the player stays put and gets on with it.