Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Call me a moany old git

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
if you like but I thought one of the advantages, selling points, call it what you will of purchasing season tickets was supposed to be the ability to ensure tickets for matches "in demand."

I am a season ticket holder who has to work for a living but may well not be able to get into the FA Cup replay this evening as, being lowly in status, I may not be able to leave work sufficiently early to buy a ticket.

I appreciate the economic arguments for not opening the Covered End but equally, as somebody who lives and works some distance from the ground do I spend time and petrol trying to go to this match and risk being turned away or missing it sanding in a queue or do I think sod it I'll just go home?

Comments

• Options
    You could have bought them earlier or had them sent to you by post.

Do you want separate queues for ST holders and non-ST holders?
  • Options
    Both ticket offices will be open tonight (North & West) to ease queues.
  • Options
    I didn't think we could get them in advance as they were on General Sale and also as the Covered End was shut my ticket was unavailable anyway.

That is my point partly.
  • Options
    Bit unfair i think Len, everyone had the opportunity to buy in advance if they wanted.

You could still ring up today and buy them then merely collect them from a seperate window this evening.

I think the queues won't be as bad as you envisage, you're talking a maximum 4-5000, not 15,000, and if there are any real concerns that people won't get in on time then the KO will probably be put back 10 mins.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    I didn't think we could get them in advance as they were on General Sale

I fear a Stuwall thread coming on..... :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]as the Covered End was shut my ticket was unavailable anyway.

That's a true "Stuwall" quote !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]as the Covered End was shut my ticket was unavailable anyway.

That's a true "Stuwall" quote !!

It is rereading it!

You all know what I mean though!
  • Options
    You're a moany old git
  • Options
    with 9,000 seats available I'm sure you could have found one to your liking. A quick phone call would have got you one sent out by post so avoiding the queuing tonight. From you Len I'm surprised.
  • Options
    Are you suggesting that you believe the tickets will sell out or that as a STH you should not be made to queue with the commoners? Or just that you can't sit where you usually sit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    I didn't think we could get them in advance as they were on General Sale

I fear a Stuwall thread coming on..... :-)

You beat me to it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]Are you suggesting that you believe the tickets will sell out or that as a STH you should not be made to queue with the commoners? Or just that you can't sit where you usually sit?

In all the confusion I've lost track myself of what I was suggesting!

I think I meant that season ticket holders didn't get first dibs at tickets as always used to be the case.

That said I've been uncertain of my movements anyway this week so wasn't in a position to buy in advance.

However I'm leaving work in a few minutes and will be on my Jack Jones too like some others according to the other thread.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]Are you suggesting that you believe the tickets will sell out or that as a STH you should not be made to queue with the commoners? Or just that you can't sit where you usually sit?[/quote]

I think I meant that season ticket holders didn't get first dibs at tickets as always used to be the case.

That said I've been uncertain of my movements anyway this week so wasn't in a position to buy in advance.

However I'm leaving work in a few minutes and will be on my Jack Jones too like some others according to the other thread.[/quote]

Snap, i am on me Jack Jones also
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]Are you suggesting that you believe the tickets will sell out or that as a STH you should not be made to queue with the commoners? Or just that you can't sit where you usually sit?

I think I meant that season ticket holders didn't get first dibs at tickets as always used to be the case..

I think thatb the reason they went straight on sale was that many season ticket holders would not get a chance as their areas were closed and it would have been an administrative nightmare with the closeness of the match after the replay.
  • Options
    "Uncertain of your movements" Len? Join the club. I think it's old age!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]You're a moany old git

Oi !
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]"Uncertain of your movements" Len? Join the club. I think it's old age!

When does "...Old-ish" become Old Off it ?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You're only as old as you feel mate. Right now I feel about 95.